Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#carnet pic leaks, day 2. Jeep Gladiator
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 563

#carnet pic leaks, day 2. Jeep Gladiator

Nov 15, 2018, 10:02 AM

If it looks like this, and has the guesstimated tow capacity, I might have to get one of these.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/jeep-gladiator-scrambler-pickup-truck-leaked/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That thing is begging for a Hemi

Nov 15, 2018, 10:12 AM

I get nostalgic about my Jeep sometimes too, then I remember how terribly solid axle vehicles ride. And I remember my last experience owning a Jeep. I can't even look at them the same anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After owning a bunch of jeeps of all flavors over the

Nov 15, 2018, 10:27 AM

years, the best thing about a jeep is thinking how great it would be to drive it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Luckily for Jeep/FCA, I've been without one just long enough

Nov 15, 2018, 10:29 AM

that the nostalgia factor has overtaken actual ownership memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll definitely go look at one

Nov 15, 2018, 10:37 AM

Just to check it out. Would be hard to buy the first year (or two) of it IMO. I can't wait to see how much dealers will be adding their "additional dealer mark up" for being the only dealer around that has some weird color or unique options layout.

We went and browsed at some last weekend

Nov 15, 2018, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Luckily for Jeep/FCA, I've been without one just long enough ]

Value really isn't there, for me anyway. Why would I buy one over a 4Runner? I've gotten too spoiled with creature comforts. Although the Wrangler has come a long way in that department.

Honestly, I think if I really wanted a true Jeep I'd go buy a Mahindra Roxor and daily drive a Hyundai Santa Fe or something like that. You'd come out around the same $$$.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had not heard about the Roxor

Nov 15, 2018, 11:32 AM

apparently it can be street legal for a few hundred dollars worth of aftermarket parts.

I may have to pick one of these up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It doesn't take much, everything is already wired for turn

Nov 15, 2018, 11:37 AM

signals, lights, etc. Would be a great little around town car. I wish you could get it in an automatic, I wanted to get one to essentially be a big golf cart, but wife won't drive a manual.

Hey, you might could make some money defending them from trademark infringement accusations. ;)

I'd take that case

Nov 15, 2018, 12:12 PM

Jeep sued Hummer several years ago and their positions on the TM are locked down - that case involved the grill design. Also, Mahindra has rights/licensing going back to WWII.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

place in Seneca has a bunch of them

Nov 16, 2018, 8:33 AM [ in reply to It doesn't take much, everything is already wired for turn ]

I thought they were golf carts modded to look like Wranglers when I first rode by there.

They have an orange one for sale

Nov 16, 2018, 9:04 AM

it is pretty dang sweet. But....at $20K, I can get a full size Wrangler for $30K. Just not quite the worthwhile value. $10-12K, yeah maybe.

https://www.performance-powersports.com/New-Inventory-2018-Mahindra-Utility-Vehicle-Roxor-Limited-Edition-LE-Performance-Powersports-5493082?ref=list

Rubicon Model will push $60k

Nov 15, 2018, 10:28 AM

It wont tow much either.

From all reports, it will be roughly $10k more than a similar F-150/Silverado/Ram and tow less, slower, and worse MPGs. You get the Jeep cool factor and a removable top.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thats a deal breaker right there.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:34 AM

At that price point, in order to compete with any of the big 3 full size trucks, its going to have to step up its game pretty handily. Right now, a new full size 1500 series truck in the ~$50k range is nothing but an awesome luxury car that will tow 11k# and do 0-60 in <= 6 seconds.

I know there will be folks who'll buy that truck at any cost. But in the $60K range for a truck, you're looking at a loaded 2500 4x4 series truck with a monster diesel in it that would tow a house.

Value wise, there's no comparison.

^^^This

Nov 15, 2018, 12:00 PM

I really want a nice pickup and too UDP to buy one now. But when I do have the money I’m definitely gonna get a 250 range truck diesel that can do anything a truck is supposed to do. Wouldn’t waste my money on a glorified Jeep.

Now if I was super rich, I do like the design and look and would consider purchasing and adding to my 10 car garage.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, Re: Bronco

Nov 15, 2018, 10:31 AM
Bronco.JPG(90.7 K)

The new full size Bronco is the shadow in the image. Not sure many people caught that yesterday.

I wish Jeep would just sell all of their designs to Toyota.

Nov 15, 2018, 10:31 AM

Always great design, always as reliable as Bentley at quarterback.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But they're owned by FIAT. FIAT is the gold standard

Nov 15, 2018, 10:38 AM
JDPower.JPG(104.2 K)

for Reliability. LOLutz.

I never thought Porsche would be #2***

Nov 15, 2018, 10:40 AM

used to be #1

Nov 15, 2018, 10:48 AM

i was surprised then, too

Ha ha ha at Subaru

Nov 15, 2018, 10:43 AM [ in reply to But they're owned by FIAT. FIAT is the gold standard ]

How’s that Subie love working out?

Lexus got 99 problems.***

Nov 15, 2018, 10:52 AM [ in reply to But they're owned by FIAT. FIAT is the gold standard ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But a resale value ain't one.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:01 AM

Good grief some of the prices I see while looking for a GX460.

Re: I wish Jeep would just sell all of their designs to Toyota.

Nov 16, 2018, 8:55 AM [ in reply to I wish Jeep would just sell all of their designs to Toyota. ]

Ha, that's sorta what I was thinking...Looks of a Jeep, engine and drive train of a Toyota.

take the rollbar away, add a couple feet of truckbed

Nov 15, 2018, 10:50 AM

and....yeah. I like it alot, and have waited for decades for this moment, but with much pondering, not sure it would be worth trading my Wrangler in for the minor upgrade. They look so similar.

Re: take the rollbar away, add a couple feet of truckbed

Nov 15, 2018, 10:55 AM

You should go drive a JL. They are far and away the most driver friendly Wrangler ever built. Huge improvement over the JK. Especially with the 8-speed.

However, they are brand new FIAT product. Trac-bar welds have failed. Frame welds in general look like it was done by some HS shop learning welding. And there are all kinds of electronic glitches.

What do we think is the future of sedans?

Nov 15, 2018, 11:00 AM

I know that's not what this post is about, but for those of us who appreciate a little more performance than utility, are we going to end up basically having to choose between very high-end brands, trucks, and smaller econo-cars? Will other brands follow Ford's lead?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you might be trying to hold out for the new 2019

Nov 15, 2018, 11:03 AM

Kia Deathtrap.

One Kia that doesn't look too awful...

Nov 15, 2018, 11:11 AM

Kia Stinger

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I CAN'T WAIT TO PUT A FARTING TAILPIPE EXTENSION ON ONE.***

Nov 15, 2018, 11:12 AM

I reckon the Accord and Camry will stick around.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:06 AM [ in reply to What do we think is the future of sedans? ]

Probably BMW and Mercedes too, as folks who by those are more likely picking what they want vs getting a car that fits purchase power parameters.

We are barreling towards a bunch of ugly, small suvs because mostly due to folks liking to be higher off the ground than a car. I blame 4 Runners, Tahoes, and people who don't need pickup trucks but driving them anyway for this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think people are opting for cheap people movers...

Nov 15, 2018, 11:10 AM

They'd rather pay less for something ugly that just gets them from point A to point B without much excitement, or something they can pack a bunch of people and stuff in, than pay a little more for good design and performance. I suppose more people are becoming more practical with regard to cars.

I think my Camry is a better people mover than

Nov 15, 2018, 11:16 AM

Sharkgirl's Outlander Sport. She does have an advantage in the tall cargo department. In an ideal situation, I would not choose anything in that class of vehicle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eh, that's more of a city/Chicago thing I think

Nov 15, 2018, 11:21 AM [ in reply to I think people are opting for cheap people movers... ]

They either can't afford a nicer car because they pay so many taxes as is, or know it's just going to rust apart anyway and don't feel like spending the money.

Of course, as traffic gets worse and worse the allure of a higher performance car dwindles quite a bit.

Aren't people outside cities just getting trucks and SUVs?

Nov 15, 2018, 11:24 AM

It seems to be one or the other. Whenever I go out to the burbs, every parking lot is full of boring looking station-wagon style SUVs. Further out, everybody has pickups.

Eh, somewhat. I notice a lot of higher end sedans on the

Nov 15, 2018, 11:31 AM

outskirts of Atlanta, around the Upstate we've got a ton of BMW's running around. But yeah, the trend is toward an SUV style vehicle.

I think the thing with pickups is that once someone buys one, they rarely go back to something else. They drive like big sedans now, and have unmatched utility.

Sedan's won't go away totally, but you won't have the

Nov 15, 2018, 11:06 AM [ in reply to What do we think is the future of sedans? ]

choices you have now for long I don't think. I don't think you'll lose much performance, go drive an X3 and compare it to a 3 series, I bet you won't be able to tell much of a difference.

Very few of the "trucks" on the market are actual, true trucks. Like a Ford Explorer, I like them, but it's not a true truck based SUV anymore. That is, and will continue to be the case for most SUV's.

There are very few body on frame SUVs left.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:11 AM

The largest percentage of passenger vehicles on the road now are unibody station wagons. It's basically vehicle design for a snowflake world.

"Give me something that looks like a tough off-road vehicle but glides on the pavement and is easy on my a$$ like a Cadillac"

Which is what I don't get, because the ones that are on

Nov 15, 2018, 11:17 AM

the market sell like hotcakes, and have insane resale value.

I do like the Explorers though.

4runner is going unibody next year

Nov 15, 2018, 11:23 AM

so the dealers are saying

LOL

Nov 15, 2018, 1:45 PM

Dealers can't even properly tell you what they have on the lot. Not much of anything has been confirmed for the 6th Gen 4Runner.

Crass unit on Crass body***

Nov 15, 2018, 12:23 PM [ in reply to There are very few body on frame SUVs left. ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

BMW sedans will always be with us***

Nov 15, 2018, 12:07 PM [ in reply to What do we think is the future of sedans? ]

3.0-liter turbodiesel V-6!!!

Nov 15, 2018, 11:23 AM

I'd be all over that!

In an FCA it'd be great for 50K miles.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:24 AM

No way I'd want to spend the money that diesel DPF system will need when it breaks.

Sadly, Crass still driving his 2004 Tundra...Crass need help***

Nov 15, 2018, 12:15 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Looks like a Hummer truck

Nov 15, 2018, 7:44 PM

And I'm not a big fan of the Hummer.....trucks. Big fan of the other hummers though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lutz I didn't even scroll down to read the comments

Nov 16, 2018, 9:03 AM

and posted the same thing.

Reminds me too much of that hummer truck they tried

Nov 16, 2018, 9:00 AM

to push (not the real Army ones).

Reminds me: knock knock...***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahem. KNOCK KNOCK...***

Nov 16, 2018, 12:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 563
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic