Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I believe...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I believe...

May 12, 2019, 11:09 AM

if our defense can hold the opposing team to 21 points, we will win each game by 14 or more. What say you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: I believe...

May 12, 2019, 11:17 AM

I am ok with this. The only exception being I think they are going to be way better than people might think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2019, 11:23 AM

TAMU worries me a little because we haven’t had fast starts during the early season recently. I can’t think of any team that matches Clemson on building and improving over the course of the season over the last 4 seasons. I think if we’re vulnerable it’s during the early season.....and yes I know we lost to Pitt & Cuse and it wasn’t early in the season.
AT Cuse is also a bit of a worry, but their QB is gone now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2019, 11:28 AM

We probably would have beat TAMU by three touchdowns had we been playing one QB and by one I mean not KB. Yes, he helped finish the game, but you can’t ignore the snaps and what if had TL been in the game from start to finish given what he accomplished last year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Early games are tough

May 12, 2019, 2:45 PM

TAMU plays a legit SEC West schedule - and despite the TNet bellyachin', the SEC West may lack Clemson's skill players but the Auburn, LSU, MS State, Bama even some Ole Miss ballers are headhunters. The SEC West is year-in year-out the most violent in college. So TAMU has no issues with Clemson's physicality.

A second factor, as noted by BloodBeOrange is every season Dabo and most head coaches play upperclassmen early as more talented younger players ride the pine as they learn the playbook. Clemson and all teams do it for team chemistry. And yes, KB2 was a prime example. TL16 will be the number one pick in the NFL draft and would have been the #1 2019 pick. He played with more skill sets as a high school 10th grader than KB16 has ever played or ever will. But playing less talented players early to achieve team chemistry is a necessity for all coaches - it shows seniors and juniors they have been given a shot. And most coaches follow the same ######.

As for TAMU, they return about 2/3 of their production on O including Mond, about half on D, and some injured redshirt returns. Clemson will be tested the first half but ready. Too early prediction -- Clemson 37 - Tx A&M 24 with A&M scoring late as Clemson puts in the 4th qtr backups. Football is king! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe... ]

I think some of the reason we start slow is the coaches pulling their foot off the gas and then we kinda sputter to get the ball going again. I agree with OBC on this one and he would lap you if he got the chance. Dabo was nice, but learning. The subs need to learn to score too and therefore we keep playing our game with more people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2019, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I believe... ]

I think the QB "controversy" last year contributed to the slow start. With nearly a full year under his belt and knowing he's the starter and gets the most reps with the 1s at all positions...I think we'll start just fine, especially with ETN and the line we'll have. I believe the offense can outscore anyone, so if have have even an average defense we'll be fine.

Plus, having a one-page playbook for the early games helps the opposing defense key in.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2019, 11:29 AM

THAT WE WILL WIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ0CGxIxQhI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

A lot of Chase and Taisun in the second halves this year...

May 12, 2019, 12:42 PM

Our D will once again be Top 10...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2019, 1:34 PM

I say and I truly believe that we will again go undefeated in our regular season schedule, and go into the playoffs 12-0 with a seriously great chance to repeat winning the National Championship 2 years in a row!!! That's my story and I'm sticking with it until somebody gets lucky and beats us!!! Go Tigers for two in a row!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2019, 1:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ0CGxIxQhI

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't see how we won't score at least 50 a game unless

May 12, 2019, 1:58 PM

we just don't want to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic