Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ETN and Tavien
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

ETN and Tavien

Aug 13, 2019, 7:29 AM

I hope it works out, on the whole for TF. Still, as I watch some of the 'Champion's Tribute' on ESPNU, I can't wrap my head around why Tavien felt the need to leave. He was not a garbage time player...he made an impact in virtually every game he played. He was key member.

ETN, to my knowledge, not once complained of averaging fewer than 15 carries/game. Tavien will be hard-pressed to do more with 15-20 carries/game this year, in out-shining his contribution the past three years. What was/is he thinking? The upside for him is fraught with risk. Did he and KB room together?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He wasn't happy with 3rd string on the depth chart

Aug 13, 2019, 7:31 AM

with two hosses coming in wanting carries too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ETN and Tavien

Aug 13, 2019, 7:37 AM

TF will be playing in arguably one of the weakest divisions of all the P5 conferences. The SEC defenses are overrated, and he knows it. TF might have an easier time playing those games than he would against the mighty ACC teams. Maybe he will skip our game, as it would not help his NFL chances at all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I smell a hint of

Aug 13, 2019, 7:55 AM

;)

Aug 13, 2019, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: ETN and Tavien ]

TF is coming to USC's camp late and competing with two seniors. I serious doubt Muschump is going to give a starting nod to TF over two guys who have been with the program 4 years+. Not unless he sets the world on fire during a game. Making him the starter out of camp risks building bad blood and locker room discontent. TF will play and get 10-12 carries a game which is about what he would have gotten at Clemson. So I don't see the advantage of why he went to USC. He'd been better off going to a program with a younger TB corps.

Aug 13, 2019, 9:52 AM

And when you are constantly playing from behind they will be throwing a lot more than running.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people just can't handle not being top dog.

Aug 13, 2019, 8:38 AM

And you're right. He got more carries than he probably should have at the expense of the better player. Going to be very interesting to see how his chicken career goes.

He's going to be part of a three back rotation...

Aug 13, 2019, 8:56 AM

at least initially, and while he may ultimately become the featured back in their system (he is, afterall, significantly more talented than any other RB on the uof5c roster) and his number of carries increases, based on a less than stellar offensive line blocking for him, his yards per carry may very well decrease.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You would be hard pressed to convince me...

Aug 13, 2019, 8:52 AM

that his decision to leave was not based, at least to a certain extent, on some level of animosity about being demoted down the depth chart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 9:04 AM

Not sure why this is still being discussed. Perhaps he was 3rd in the depth chart coming out of spring ball. Perhaps he simply wanted a fresh start or seemingly greener pastures. Perhaps a girl broke his heart and he could not stand seeing her around campus with someone else. There is no way to determine his thought process so why agonize and critique his decision when it will not bring us any closer to understanding the decision. He is gone so wish him the best and move on

It was an observation based on

Aug 13, 2019, 9:12 AM

Watching replays of last season's games. Virtually each one had plays where TF stood out. Even the Natty game where he took the screen pass and set up a score. He wasn't in on mop up duty...and was playing against the (supposed) best team ever...and succeeded.

The 'discussions', above, seem to leave others scratching their heads, too. Perhaps it will work out for him, yet the reality is he will do well to even match last year's performance. Oh, well...he's made his bed...rest well.

Re: It was an observation based on

Aug 13, 2019, 9:25 AM

He is a good kid, graduated and can do what he wants.

Every time they took ETN out for TF I would be screaming at the TV because ETN is so much better. TF just does not have the vision that ETN or Lyn J has IMO.

If you watch the Syracuse game we almost lost the game in the 4Q because ETN, after tearing up their D, comes out for TF and then its 2 yards, 2 yards, run right into the back of your OL 2 yards, and its fourth down. It really was frustrating to watch to me. TF is great if the hole is where its supposed to be, not so much if he has to improvise.

ETN is Great, period. TF is good to very good. Best of luck to him.

Sign up with the worst team in the SEC East with the toughest schedule in the country... probably not a highlight reel in the making.

Re: It was an observation based on

Aug 13, 2019, 9:32 AM

Stop lying Feaster had runs of runs a of (in order) 11, 6, 1, 11, and 3 yards in the 4th quarter against syracuse, the last of which put the ball on the two yard line for ETN to walk into the endzone.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I remember that drive, probably didn't sit too well with him

Aug 13, 2019, 10:11 AM

Can't say I blame him. He probably should have been given the chance to score there since he did all the work on that drive.

Re: I remember that drive, probably didn't sit too well with him

Aug 13, 2019, 10:44 AM

I have to agree; there were several times I felt for TF. He’d set us up in the red and they’d let ETN carry it in. Doesn’t surprise me a bit he left.

I think its about draft status; Kenny Irons back in 2006

Aug 13, 2019, 9:40 AM

transferred from SCAR to Auburn. He was a nobody and became a somebody. Which bumped up his draft status to a early 2nd round. I think ScAR is primed to have a decent team with a good player at RB on that team. It will make that team more balanced. When jughead starts sukking they'll just hand it off to Tavian to carry the load. Maybe with the their losses at Oline it might prove difficult to get any yards but its better than any other plans they had. Their other guys are not good.

LOL...ScAR is primed to have a decent team ...lol

Aug 13, 2019, 10:18 AM

Bless your heart !!!!

cmon now, perspective here, for their standards this is the

Aug 13, 2019, 12:31 PM

best team muschamp has had. His QB has 5 years experience, they have a good WR in Edwards, they now have the best RB they've had in the muschamp era, they play in the EAST, and their defense is about the same but with a years experience under their belt. ITs the best team he's had since he's been there.

Now that is compared to his other teams, so...take that as the measuring stick. Not saying they'll be a decent team in terms of contending for their conference but i think they'll beat kentucky this year and possibly florida. But we'll see. Trying to be rational here but its the coots so i could definitely be wrong and wouldn't give two sheyuts.

I think they're a 6 - 6 team at best ...

Aug 13, 2019, 2:17 PM

I would agree that this is probably the best team CussChamp has had but they're still not nearly good enough to complete with college football's upper echelon.

of course not but they're good enough to finish 7-5, 8-4

Aug 13, 2019, 3:58 PM

if they get a ton of production out of tavian. More likely to go 7-5 or 6-6 but that's good for them. We're never talking about upper echelon, i'm talking about finished 2nd or 3rd in the EAST as being good.

Re: I think its about draft status; Kenny Irons back in 2006

Aug 13, 2019, 2:23 PM [ in reply to I think its about draft status; Kenny Irons back in 2006 ]

What I want to know is who they lost off the O line that makes them any worse than last year... don’t say ZB.... I’m not impressed with his laying on his back all season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2019, 9:53 AM

I’m more focused on ETN at this time. With our veteran OL, most opponents focusing on our passing offense, and a slight uptick in carries......

HEISMAN BABY!

Bet it while the odds are good!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This horse will not die!!!***

Aug 13, 2019, 10:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic