Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ACC coach makes surprise retirement
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

TNET: ACC coach makes surprise retirement

Dec 30, 2018, 1:17 PM

ACC coach makes surprise retirement

Mark Richt made a surprising decision to retire on Sunday just a season removed from leading his alma mater Miami to a Coastal Division title. The Hurricanes fi Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not surprised...

Dec 30, 2018, 1:20 PM

That organization is a dumpster fire and it's going to be hard for anybody to consistently win at Thug U

Re: I'm not surprised...

Dec 30, 2018, 1:23 PM

He will probably end up at usuc in some capacity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 1:33 PM

Are you kidding me? Saban will hire him as an analyst. He does everyone else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 6:56 PM

There to;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not surprised... ]

Stranger things have happened.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ACC coach makes surprise retirement

Dec 30, 2018, 1:28 PM

so I wonder how many of those recruits who signed early now regret it,

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 1:35 PM

A surprise to me. Mark Richt is a good man. Hope Mark and Dabo spend some together. I know they are friends. I wish Mark and his family the best!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTBA-MD

I actually respect him making this move for the program

Dec 30, 2018, 4:06 PM

Re: I actually respect him making this move for the program

Dec 30, 2018, 7:01 PM

I don't think that his pride or energy ever recovered from his firing from UGA!!!

Dec 30, 2018, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC coach makes surprise retirement ]

Honestly, I would love to have him at Clemson in some capacity, his knowledge as a recruiting coordinator would be great. Coaches love working for Dabo, and if Tony or Jeff was to make a try at it somewhere else in the next couple of years, it would be good to have Mark on the shelf in what ever capacity. I think he would be a good just in case we had a need stowaway.

Kinda like we re-load with talented players, we could re-load with a talented, and very experienced coach. For what ever the reason, Mark just didn't figure it out as a big time HC, but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be valuable of other needs on a team as ours trying to stay in the hunt for championships!!! Just saying!!!

Dec 30, 2018, 8:09 PM

He is used to a much more relaxed set of recruiting guidelines than we have. I do think he is a decent guy, though. I really think he is much better than ugay was willing to tolerate any longer.

Dec 30, 2018, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC coach makes surprise retirement ]

With recruits that signed with the early signing period, if a coach leaves or get fired, they can sign with another team in February, and I'm pretty sure that's what was established when the early signing period was enacted!!!

Dec 30, 2018, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC coach makes surprise retirement ]

The answer to you querie is, all of them.

I’m hoping he wasn’t considering this move a few weeks ago.

Dec 30, 2018, 1:35 PM

Otherwise, it’s a huge jerk move to allow recruits to sign with Miami without knowing that they won’t get to play for you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I’m hoping he wasn’t considering this move a few weeks ago.

Dec 30, 2018, 8:12 PM

He is ugay. That is smarmy credentials.

Dec 30, 2018, 1:39 PM

It's time for Chalie Strong to Miami. He has good florida ties,and being honest he got hosed by the old man white club in Texas! This guy can win in Miami.

I say Mike Leach

Dec 30, 2018, 1:47 PM

The Pac 12 is a joke and he has taken Washington St as far as he can….Also, he has a home in the Florida Keys.

Timing will never be better for both

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Mike Leach does like pirates and Miami would be closer

Dec 30, 2018, 3:50 PM

To pirates if they were still around

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Mike Leach does like pirates and Miami would be closer

Dec 30, 2018, 7:58 PM

You can bet your A$S that Florida is full of Pirates, maybe not the ship type, but Pirates just the same. And I'm sure he wouldn't have any problems in finding himself a large group of Mormons also!!!;)

Dec 30, 2018, 3:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC coach makes surprise retirement ]

old strong couldn't keep his locker room under control recruit or field an offense

Dec 30, 2018, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ACC coach makes surprise retirement ]

He won at Louise ville, so ya kinda believe that he would do well in a place like Miami with Florida being rich recruiting grounds loaded with talent that you can win with!!!

Do new ncaa rules allow for immediate transfer of recruits

Dec 30, 2018, 2:01 PM

....who signed but haven't set foot on campus? Anyone we'd like to get?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was on vacation in Tennesse last summer

Dec 30, 2018, 2:06 PM

and some Vol fans asked me how I thought we'd do this year, I said the TAMU game was probably going to be our only real game before Bama in the playoffs. They said nah, ya'll have a tough time with Mark Richt, he's the best coach in the ACC blah, blah, blah. I laughed, and said we won't play Mark Richt, Miami won't win the Coastal again. They got all pissy and walked away. SEC folk sure are something else.

Re: Was on vacation in Tennesse last summer

Dec 30, 2018, 8:55 PM

Yea, they think that bc he was an SEC coach, that he would automatically come in and rule the ACC. What gets me with SEC conference folks, is that they keep forgetting that Clemson hasn't had a problem beating the best teams in the SEC, Big 12, Pac-12, Big Ten, ACC, or any other conference we have been matched up with. They also forget that the SEC has only had 3 or 4 and at times 5 top teams that could compete nationally with winning records. Just bc they are part of the SEC conference with those 3 or 4 and sometimes 5 teams, they fail to understand that it has never made them important or good in the SEC!!! They don't understand that just like any other conference, they will have weak teams that will have a good season every now and then, but never with any kind of consistency... And by them NEVER understanding that, it makes the stupidest fan base bc of their inability to understand they're not a part of those teams that can win, they're just in the same conference!!! And that is why they continue to scream out SEC, SEC, and they actually buy and wear the gear of those teams that kick the sh!t out of them on a yearly bases. And that proves they are just stupid:) :) :)

Re: Was on vacation in Tennesse last summer

Dec 30, 2018, 9:45 PM

I have always said (so pardon me if I'm repeating myself AGAIN) that, because the ACC has higher academic requirements in general, the football teams have fewer great athletes and the coaches have to do more with less than they would at SEC schools with (usually) lower academic standards and well-developed "slide-by" courses of study.

In other words, the SEC is a player-driven league. Coaches pick the best players, put them on the field, and say, "Go play!"

The ACC is a coach- or scheme-driven league. To be competitive, coaches have to be or hire great teachers on their staffs, game plan to cover for their team's shortcomings, and find ways to exploit their opponent's. Then they have to communicate it all to some smart teenagers (or a year or two older).

In other words, ACC coaches work a lot harder than the "captain of the ship" SEC types like Mark Richt. I hoped he could help Miami, but I'm not surprised by this. He should NOT be considered for any coaching position that requires him to work like he did 20 years ago.

Dec 30, 2018, 2:24 PM

I wonder who the Canes go after. Leach, Kiffin or Strong would be good choices. The ACC and college football are better off with Miami being strong.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 9:12 PM

I agree, we would be better off in the ACC if there were at least 4 other power FB teams in it besides just us. Steal sharpens steal, and we or the other power FB teams in the ACC would be better prepared playing the tougher teams in other conferences come playoff time. Take this season as an example, we haven't really been tested. We beat one of our tougher ACC competitors of this season with us being two scores down in the 4th Qtr with our backup QB....

Dec 30, 2018, 2:49 PM

Wonder how long it takes for TE’s name to start being thrown around?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 3:48 PM

While I hope not that was my thought and what I would do if I was the Miami AD.

Mack Brown?***

Dec 30, 2018, 2:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 3:29 PM

Petrino....Anybody seen Bobby Petrino lately? Yo, Bobby!

Dec 30, 2018, 3:44 PM

Maybe they go after this guy.

Dec 30, 2018, 4:49 PM

'A man has got to know his limitations'...

Butch Jones?***

Dec 30, 2018, 6:38 PM

ESPN is calling ...***

Dec 30, 2018, 6:47 PM

Dec 30, 2018, 6:53 PM

Methinks he found it to be an unrecognizable halfway house for former and current gang members with no support from the university or local community and not the program he remembered.

Dec 30, 2018, 7:03 PM

He was already burnt toast when he came from GA. Never really thought he could do the job at the U.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic