Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not Much Respect For T-Law from ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Not Much Respect For T-Law from ESPN

Dec 16, 2018, 10:29 AM

During a couple of bowls' halftime reports yesterday, the focus turned to the playoffs. "Analysts" Emmanuel Acho & Dan Orlovsky answered some questions:

"Which do you trust? The Okla offense or the Bama D?" Acho, who played LB for Texas in college & then spent 2012-15 doing basically nothing in the NFL, picked the Okla offense. Seems he thinks the Sooners' will beat the Tide. Orlovsky, who played QB @ UConn & then spent 13 years in the NFL as a backup, picked the Bama D & thinks Bama will win over Okla.

Then they were asked, "Whom do you trust? Book or Lawrence?" Both said BOOK. Why? Because Book's been "tested under fire" & had to lead the Irish in comebacks over Pitt, N.West'n & USC.

I would ask - if N.Dame's so great why did they struggle so much w/Pitt, N.West'n & USC? And if the Irish as a TEAM are so great, why did they also have a hard time w/BallST & VANDY before Book was named starter for the Wake game?

Another question for the two was: "What concerns do you have for these teams?" Acho said he was concerned about Bama's pass defense & Okla's health - especially star player Hollywood Brown, injured in the Big 12 Champ game. Orlovsky's concern was whether N.Dame's D could "play in space" - AND - if T-Law would have a "freshman moment."

Not sure these dudes have watched ANY of these teams play this year - especially Lawrence & the Tigers.

Have we seen T-Law crack up & have a meltdown ANYTIME this year??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No but more revealing and pertinent is that we haven't...

Dec 16, 2018, 10:35 AM

seen Dabo coddling, consoling or trying to calm TL down on the sidelines as he did Tajh, Watson and Kelly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Acho & Orlovsky, sounds like couple of ambulance chasers

Dec 16, 2018, 10:45 AM

you see advertising on a billboard with a phone number like 803-444-4444.

Re: Not Much Respect For T-Law from ESPN

Dec 16, 2018, 10:51 AM

I don't think that is disrespect to TL. They just know he is young. Book is a junior anyway. If they were starting a team they would all go with TL.

Some of the talkin heads

Dec 16, 2018, 10:53 AM

talk out of their butz

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Some of the talkin heads

Dec 16, 2018, 2:02 PM

Cuz that’s where their heads are!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I’ve never heard of either of them but

Dec 16, 2018, 11:11 AM

During the last "College Football Live" they questioned...

Dec 16, 2018, 11:40 AM

TL's running ability. I think that they don't know that he is a well above average runner who just hasn't run much YET. I'm pretty sure that Dabo has been purposely limiting TL's running due to our small stable of QBs. I bet that, if required, TL's number of runs will go up in the playoffs...even DESIGN QB runs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Obviously they need to go back and watch the video

Dec 16, 2018, 11:43 AM

Re: During the last "College Football Live" they questioned...

Dec 17, 2018, 9:43 PM [ in reply to During the last "College Football Live" they questioned... ]

Concur ! And, why the he l l would you risk a run with an arm of steel and a tiger always OPEN downfield ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 1:13 PM

One thing you have to understand is that what TL is doing is unprecedented - a true freshman pocket QB who’s team relies heavily on him. Two years ago, Jalen Hurts was the first true freshman QB in 30 years with a shot at the title, but like the true freshman befor him, Hurts was mainly a running QB who wasn’t relied upon to pick apart defenses with his arm and mind. Last year, Jake Fromm was a true freshman QB but again they didn’t rely heavily on him but instead on the great defense and rushing attack. Going into the playoffs, despite starting the entire season, Fromm’s stats weren’t that close to what TL’s are now.

So these guys cannot really wrap their head around what TL is doing. They are in disbelief and so, until TL does it against Notre a Dame and then Bama, they will continue to doubt him and underplay what he has accomplished.

If our biggest question mark

Dec 16, 2018, 1:20 PM

is the top-rated NFL prospect in the country then I think we’re in good shape!

Honestly there’s not much you can find as a weakness on this team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FYI: Trevor wants to be called Trevor

Dec 16, 2018, 2:03 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET--Trevor-Lawrence-Not-Sunshine-T-Law-or-William-Just-call-me-Trevor-1819607

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Thank You!

Dec 16, 2018, 2:52 PM

Good Lord! Not everyone needs a cheesey nickname. This particular one makes me cringe. Don't make Clemson football look like the UFC, where everyone just has to have a nickname. No matter how lame kr stupid. John"the plumber" Doe. Mike "the high school janitor" Smith. Mark "truth is I ate my own boogers til I was 10" Johnson.

Please, could we forget that this cheesed**k, cringeworthy, moniker?

In fact I would totally support this name being included in the censored words for this site.

Message was edited by: clemson man7®

Dec 16, 2018, 3:47 PM

If Book is so good, why did he not start until the second half of his senior year?

Must be ESPN radio? ESPN TV have T. Law as #1 NFL

Dec 16, 2018, 10:41 PM

prospect!

Re: Not Much Respect For T-Law from ESPN***

Dec 17, 2018, 7:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

These guys get paid to have "insights"

Dec 17, 2018, 7:50 AM

the rest of us don't have. There is a lot of pressure to come up with something analytical. Sometimes it's such a stretch it just sounds stupid.

Simply wouldn't do for them to say, "there is no weakness in either Alabama, or Clemson. Both teams will roll easily into the championship game and give us a real heavyweight slugfest instant classic."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Dec 17, 2018, 8:28 AM

Well Brice is 'tested under fire' so I think we are good.

Anyways, TL 'closest' game is the 27-7 BC game? He does not get tested by fire as he is just the pyroclastic flow moving downhill.

Dec 17, 2018, 8:33 AM

Sound of Dan Orlavsky's voice : Nails on a chalkboard

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic