Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Duke is the "Clemson Football" of Basketball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Duke is the "Clemson Football" of Basketball

Jan 6, 2019, 10:54 AM

I don't know how they do it, but for some reason High School NBA ready players flock to Duke. That being said, rather see a team like us play and be the best it can be. We are more fun. Its like buying an old Jeep, fixing it up … and have people flock to your car vs the yuppie in the brand new BMW. Syracuse is next, I predict Victory ! Remember, the magic number is 20 (wins) to get into the NCAA's. Have to beat some ranked opponents though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Duke is the "Clemson Football" of Basketball

Jan 6, 2019, 11:01 AM

If you’re talking ACC only then yes but I’d say Duke b-ball is more like the run bama has been on with saban.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 11:02 AM

Yeah seems like we are more like Kansas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Duke is the "Clemson Football" of Basketball ]

the good news is that we don't have ####(i've never won anything meaningful)vitale groveling at our players feet.he's the south carolina football of announcers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

And I don’t pull for them to win NCAA titles

Jan 6, 2019, 11:07 AM

So why do SEC schools feel compelled to pull for BAMA?

And if Duke is to ACC basketball what Clemson is to ACC football, why should we expect them to pull for us tomorrow. I have said many times that I want Duke knocked off of their lofty perch, if not by us, by ANYONE that can do it.

I want to see them move more toward the pack, and can’t understand why SEC schools don’t want the same in football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Duke is the "Clemson Football" of Basketball***

Jan 6, 2019, 11:16 AM

Re: Duke is the "Clemson Football" of Basketball***

Jan 6, 2019, 11:17 AM

When’s the last time dook basketball won the acc outright? What about the last time they won a share? Speaking of the regular season here.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic