Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Way To Treat National Champions ---
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

No Way To Treat National Champions ---

Jan 14, 2019, 8:57 PM

Fast food????

What a disgrace.

Better off going to the Besto in Anderson.....the Beacon in Spartanburg.....or the Varsity in Atlanta.

Message was edited by: Xander5000

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not the greatest, but I imagine most people that get to

Jan 14, 2019, 9:01 PM

visit the White House don't really think much about the food.

Re: No Way To Treat National Champions ---

Jan 14, 2019, 9:02 PM

It’s a disgrace that a Tiger fan could be so ungrateful....

Jan 14, 2019, 9:03 PM

It’s a disgrace that a Tiger fan could be so ungrateful....

Jan 14, 2019, 9:03 PM

Xander5000 said:

Fast food????

What a disgrace.

Better off going to the Besto in Anderson.....the Beacon in Spartanburg.....or the Varsity in Atlanta.

Message was edited by: Xander5000

Idiot

Jan 14, 2019, 9:04 PM

Dude, we're in a government shutdown. Ain't no cooks at the White House. Trump don't cook. He said he either needed to go through a bunch of drive-throughs around DC to get enough food to feed everyone or get the first lady to make a bunch of salads. Our guys don't want no salad.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:06 PM

He paid for it himself. If he's truly a billionaire, couldn't he have at least gone to a steakhouse? I'm sure there's a few decent ones in Washington.

Yea...

Jan 14, 2019, 9:14 PM

it's not like he has ANYTHING else to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Yea...

Jan 14, 2019, 9:22 PM

He literally doesn't. He shut the government down.

Dude, SNOW closed gov today, plus shutdown.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: No Way To Treat National Champions --- ]

How much do you think steak dinners for the entire group would have cost?
AND there was likely a limited kitchen staff available due to SHUTDOWN.
AND the government was shutdown today due to snow.
AND it was likely as decision by Dabo to go ASAP before the team scattered.

Be thankful what this team has accomplished.

I guarantee you that Dabo did not complain. Not Dabo's manner to complain. He makes the best out of every situation. BE MORE LIKE DABO, DUDE!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: No Way To Treat National Champions --- ]

You know how billionaires become billionaires? They buy low, sell high, avoid major costs, and avoid major risks. Fast food is low cost.

Food is probably the last thing they care about today.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:05 PM

Don't be an idiot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realize there is a partial government shut down ?

Jan 14, 2019, 9:08 PM

I wouldn’t think the kitchen staff at the White House would be considered essential employees .

Re: You do realize there is a partial government shut down ?

Jan 15, 2019, 5:11 AM

Actually the majority of the White House kitchen staff would be working. They are military.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:08 PM

With the government shutdown, the staff was not there to cook. He paid for this out of his own pocket. If he had put on a big spread during this shutdown, he would have been criticized for that, too. You can't please everyone! I am just glad we were there. I don't think the food mattered much to the players

The staff is part of the office of the president

Jan 14, 2019, 9:18 PM

they are funded and they could have cooked for the team. The reason they didn't cook is that it might have looked bad.
The agencies that aren't funded include homeland security (including the secret service), treasury, agriculture, interior, commerce, and a few more. Defense, energy and some others are open.

Re: The staff is part of the office of the president

Jan 14, 2019, 9:23 PM

They are operating with a skeleton crew. I'm sure there are some kitchen staff there but certainly not enough to feed 100+

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 12:36 AM [ in reply to The staff is part of the office of the president ]

A couple of other points. President Trump doesn't have morons working for him like the previous administration. I'm pretty sure that President Trump's people contacted Dabo's staff to find out what would be best for the team.

Has anybody even mentioned that a major feast might violate some NCAA rules? Didn't think so.

Jan 15, 2019, 6:38 AM

You are brainwashed

Jan 15, 2019, 12:37 AM [ in reply to The staff is part of the office of the president ]

Or just fund the #### government and don't hold the country hostage over a dumb idea nobody wants you could have passed with no problem the last two years you where in the majority of both houses of congress?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2019, 6:34 AM

The goverment is funded. Its only a partial government shutdown.

Organizations that have been deemed non-essential enough to not get funding or paychecks during a shut down should not exist.

Some organizations that exist only to violate our Constitutional rights are also not being funded. The fact that the members of the ATF and FBI are currently financially struggling because they arent receiving paychecks is one of the best things to happen to this country in a very long time, and I hope it becomes permanent.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:09 PM

I never even knew the White House fed sports teams who were invited for their photo op. I wonder if the Big Macs were from the Air & Space Museum or another location? But you have to love the candlesticks and china with Wendy's smiling face repeated over and over on the silver trays.

Jan 14, 2019, 9:09 PM

Get over it...... Alabama didn't get no food last year. None, not even toothpick and water.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Exactly. Finebaum even said that today

Jan 15, 2019, 12:48 AM

Cheap ###, bozo POS POTUS....

Jan 14, 2019, 9:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cheap ###, bozo POS POTUS....

Jan 14, 2019, 9:19 PM

And still better than you.

Re: Cheap ###, bozo POS POTUS....

Jan 14, 2019, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Cheap ###, bozo POS POTUS.... ]

Please for goodness sake let’s enjoy the fact that our team got to see the White House and see our President. Respect for the office. He wanted to host our team and he bought their supper. They have had plenty of elaborate meals.

Re: Respect for the office.

Jan 15, 2019, 7:14 AM

I started wondering what other Presidents would have thought of offering packaged sandwiches to a sports team. I can't picture Franklin Roosevelt serving anything that wasn't elegant, but I feel like Teddy Roosevelt would have had fun with the idea.

The bottom line is that the President had no obligation to feed the team anything, and no one forced the players to eat. Our coaches and team seem to have made a really good impression on a man who isn't easily impressed.

The Government is CLOSED!!! AND DC was shutdown in SNOW

Jan 14, 2019, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Cheap ###, bozo POS POTUS.... ]

Dude, get your facts before you jump to conclusions.

AND stop being a Trump hater.

Re: Definitely Not Going To Be A Trump Lover....Are You Serious???

Jan 15, 2019, 12:11 AM

Speaking entirely for myself...

Jan 14, 2019, 9:13 PM

I'd much rather have McDonald's or Wendy's over that putrid swill they serve at The Beacon or The Varsity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Beacon must be really bad, if worse than McDonalds!!***

Jan 14, 2019, 9:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2019, 9:16 PM

what are you a sophomoric snob? No one said they had to be served anything... when YOU get invited to the Peoples House you can complain you were not served duck confit with pinot sauce .... jeez can't we let anyone simply "enjoy the moment" ... I bet every player that wanted one got a pic with the President...

Jan 14, 2019, 9:21 PM

Wild guess, you're an ephing liberal? GO TRUMP!

Jan 14, 2019, 9:25 PM

Apparently Bama wasn’t fed at all last year. And what’s wrong with delicious fast food, you snob?

Dude! The Govt is CLOSED! Trump paid for all the food

Jan 14, 2019, 9:44 PM

out of his own pocket. Could you have fed the 100+ large hungry guys out of your pocket? Even the fast food bill was likely not cheap. AND it was probably a last minute decision: SNOW in DC area.

BE HAPPY that our team won the Natty and got to visit the White House (and Oval Office).

GO TIGERS!!!!

Re: Dude! The Govt is CLOSED! Trump paid for all the food

Jan 15, 2019, 12:47 AM

out of his own pocket. Could you have fed the 100+ large hungry guys out of your pocket? Even the fast food bill was likely not cheap. AND it was probably a last minute decision: SNOW in DC area.

BE HAPPY that our team won the Natty and got to visit the White House (and Oval Office).

GO TIGERS!!!!

You act like that rich ###### bag is in the poor house!! Go suck on his wiener some more!

And suddenly the 7% pulse wasn't a mystery anymore***

Jan 15, 2019, 12:51 AM

Jan 15, 2019, 12:20 AM

Man - I love all those places!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 15, 2019, 12:35 AM

As someone who lives near one of the varsities. You are never better off. Worst food ever. Besto and the beacon are pretty good though.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shall we lay the emotion driven politics aside and reason...

Jan 15, 2019, 6:44 AM

together? I mean if you've already made up your mind then just TD me or something and let's move on with our lives.

If not then let us examine the circumstances. The White House is understaffed, several tons of growing boys are coming to visit and there's no way to provide a menu to 70 or 80 people and prepare separate meals for each, they are all about the same general age and what do most people that age eat on the fly?

I'm consoled that you didn't try to make our football team and coaches part of the Russian thing. Thank you for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic