Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Drunken confession...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 702

Drunken confession...

Jul 11, 2019, 8:44 PM

I gots a special boy. I’ve spoken briefly and drunkenly on here about him before. I gots two boys by the way. One is strong, big, and smart. He’s way big. At 12 he’s like 5’7 and 119 lbs. He’d make a perfect athlete. The butt on this boy is enough to make Urban come out of retirement again. But that’s not the boy I’m sharing about. The smallest and youngest is really small and really special. Doctors are “surprised” but not shocked. He’s healthy and weird. The boy can’t function well in a school setting. The teachers loved him but admitted that he was a bit of a distraction. He demands a lot of attention. He’s a hugger. He’s way too honest. People often refer to him as an “old soul”. I could sit and talk for hours with him, as could any man. But he struggles to tie his shoes at the age of ten. He can’t get his hands to pop a tab on a can of soda. He remembers the lyrics, singer, and any friggin info he’s ever heard about a song. And he won’t shut up about that info while the song is playing. He’s a pretty incredible kid. I hope you all have an opportunity to accidentally meet him someday. He is an old soul. I only share this to let you know why I have struggled at times. I get lost in the mix of family, work, right, and wrong. I’m not a social butterfly, but occasionally I’m a hugger. I’ve got a gift in my life that I don’t deserve. Right now I’m only using him as a “cold beer” fetcher. But in time, he could make me famous. But if I don’t get famous, at least I’ve had the best cold beer fetcher a man could ask for.

Buuuurppp!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Drunken confession...

Jul 11, 2019, 9:16 PM

OSF ain’t going to like this one.

Beer fetcher. Classic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

old souls are the best.

Jul 11, 2019, 9:16 PM

make sure he's up on Motown, Stax, Muscle Shoals.

Know some in similar situation, just be glad his fixation is not thermostats. Will work out fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukOs3am7CtE&list=PLUpIWHnoHbGxSM6FhYlG3IU9f64mJlesD&index=153

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’ll probably enjoy that Motown cartoon I mentioned a few

Jul 11, 2019, 10:00 PM

days ago.

Heck, we’re getting a kick out of watching it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Not sure who TD’ed this post. And I don’t have a problem with it.

Jul 11, 2019, 10:12 PM

Honestly, part of me feels negative about it as well. But I am curious as to why? I am speaking semi-honestly about a difficult situation in my family’s life. Of course I’ve thrown in heaps of sarcasm. But i acknowledge the fact that I could have hurt someone who has dealt with much more tragic experiences. Anyways, I’m willing to accept any input.

Sounds like one of my nephews who has Asperger

Jul 11, 2019, 10:25 PM

just slightly off compared to normal. Talk to him about anything and it's like pulling teeth. Talk to him about the Avengers and super heroes and the boy can go through every single piece of the Marval and DC universe and explain how each connects to each. Extremely brilliant kid, just not in the social aspect. Right now he is in 5th grade where kids know how he is and accept him as him especially after his father died. I'm worried about 6th grade for him. That's when hormones start flowing and kids become pieces of ####. I just know he's going to get picked on relentlessly and I'm ready to show my ### at that school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

It’s Marvel.***

Jul 11, 2019, 10:27 PM

Hell I don't know.

Jul 11, 2019, 10:29 PM

the kid rambled on for 20 minutes about stones

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Meh, that's nothing

Jul 12, 2019, 7:16 AM

Marvel rambled on through two 3-hour movies about stones.

#ThanosDidNothingWrong
#IEnjoyedItThough

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well looky there

Jul 12, 2019, 12:03 AM

A 7spots post that I actually don't mind and enjoyed reading. Who woulda thunk it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

TL;DR

Jul 12, 2019, 12:33 AM

Sorry fam

Re: TL;DR

Jul 12, 2019, 12:37 AM

Cliff Notes: Hey I am drunk and have a weird kid. Potentially cause I am drunk all the time and give him zero attention, but whatever. Give him a helmet and tell him to give me a beer

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting take.

Jul 12, 2019, 6:22 AM

Slightly dickish. But interesting just the same.

Re: Interesting take.

Jul 12, 2019, 8:55 AM

Just playing dude. If that was the case both my kids would be drooling on themselves.

However, I am unsure if when these posts are real or fake. Especially when you splash tidbits like beer fetcher in there.

I can confirm it is nearly impossible for a true drunk to

Jul 12, 2019, 9:34 AM

make such intelligently worded, lucid, and grammatically correct posts. But he's got a schtick and it works for him. Sobeit.

We love you 7spots! even if you're full of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s autistic, correct?

Jul 12, 2019, 7:15 AM

Nothing wrong with that brother

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

I know exactly what you mean. I could literally make the

Jul 12, 2019, 7:59 AM

Exact same post. Except I have a third and since he's not even 2 the jury's still out on him.

But this is very common. Personality versus intelligence. Happens all the time. People with the best personalities are not as intelligent. People who are super intelligent often lack personality or people skills. They're both a gift though in their own special way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Send him to el shid when he turns 18

Jul 12, 2019, 8:24 AM

so he can get roasted for not being able to do basic military drill concepts

I would like to meet him.

Jul 12, 2019, 8:51 AM

Sounds like your son and I could talk music for days on end. It also sounds like the kind of kid that learning to play an instrument would be hugely beneficial. Don't wait until he's old enough to get into a school band setting, take him to hang out in a music store and see what strikes his fancy, then get him started on lessons once he figures out his calling.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's some sarcasm somewhere in this post ***

Jul 12, 2019, 10:13 AM

Actually, none.

Jul 12, 2019, 11:45 AM

So it's like you found Waldo.

Your trophy is in he mail, champ!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Drunken confession...

Jul 12, 2019, 3:26 PM

Who thumbs down this? Jerk