Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don’t it feel good !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Don’t it feel good !

Feb 4, 2019, 2:48 PM

Walking by those Coots wearing your orange with white paw Nike cap on. They just shake their heads and look away . Getting in your truck with the bright orange 81, 16 and 18 NC license plate on the front.
Well fellas enjoy this and know that the Clemson Tigers are the standard in College football.
Meanwhile down the road those C ock lovers are in College football H ell.
So glad my Dad raised me the right way.
Go Tigers !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen

Feb 4, 2019, 2:53 PM

I got a few very subtle jabs in last night at the hood's party. rolling of eyes was great..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amen

Feb 4, 2019, 2:55 PM

Heck I can’t get them to talk football, for once most of them are very quiet. They are not even bragging about being in the SEC??

Re: Amen

Feb 4, 2019, 3:15 PM

I hope that, as Dabo has wisely suggested, that we have already begun working on the upcoming season in terms of the weight room. Frank Howard once said that most football games are won or lost in the off season. Amen!

ACC, SEC, and National Champs!!!***

Feb 4, 2019, 3:10 PM

Re: Don’t it feel good !

Feb 4, 2019, 3:14 PM

I don’t even get reactions anymore. They’re used to losing in everything mens. In Columbia I’ve never seen more Bama flags and magnets in my life. Now they can’t even ride that bandwagon.

Pretty Poor if that is what they have to do in Columbia

Feb 4, 2019, 3:15 PM

Tide flags - come on

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty Poor if that is what they have to do in Columbia

Feb 4, 2019, 3:29 PM

I'm not lying. Prior to the national championsip i'm driving down I-26 and i see garnet colored flags and assumed it was a rare loyal gamecock that kept his flags up....WRONG Crimson Tide flags with a scar tag. Yea ok....

Feb 4, 2019, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t it feel good ! ]

Incidentally, Columbia was recently rated the worst5 college-football town in the country. It really is a sink-hole.

Feb 4, 2019, 4:03 PM

Back in Jan 89 right after Clemson beat Oklahoma in the Citrus Bowl Dan Foster wrote an article about the game I will never forget. He said it was the kind victory that put programs on the road to being elite. I never forgot that. I was convinced that the 90s we're going to be Clemson's decade and that the Tigers would be right up there with the best of the best and be one of the giants of college football. Well we all know what happened and that dream started to fall apart. For years I would think about the Citrus Bowl and how close Clemson had been to greatness and how the 90s were a lost decade.But fate was kind to our Tigers and they got a second chance and made the most of it! They didn't just win a 3rd National Title .They won a permanent place as one of college footballs great programs. It took awhile but the Tigers climbed Mt. Everest and I am not bittersweet about the 89 Citrus Bowl anymore !You're the Kings guys! The Best !

Feb 4, 2019, 5:05 PM

Great post and +1

Danny’s teams set my unchanging expectations for Clemson football then

Feb 4, 2019, 6:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t it feel good ! ]

Dabo came along and exceeded all of them. How did we end up spending two decades in the wilderness? I’ve read all the reasons why and I still don’t get it. Hatfield ran it in the ground. West was a good guy that was in over his head and Bowden was a profound underachiever. The best thing he ever did was hire his replacement.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Danny’s teams set my unchanging expectations for Clemson football then

Feb 4, 2019, 6:44 PM

Bowden was a profound underachiever. The best thing he ever did was hire his replacement.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forums/post!reply.jspa?messageID=25029868&forumID=1#ixzz5ebnoUy7C

.....and put focus on academics.....and upgraded our facilities.....and brought a lot of attention to our program that we wouldn’t have had without the Bowden vs Bowden games against FSU.....and PLEASE DON’T FORGET brought one of the most overlooked assets to our programs development, Brad Scott!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Danny’s teams set my unchanging expectations for Clemson football then

Feb 5, 2019, 8:05 AM

He lost four games including a beatdown from Wake Forest 45-17 and then turned around to beat two top ten teams in the last four games: UNDERACHIEVING

He beat a top ten Miami team in Miami only to turn around and lose to Duke the next week: UNDERACHIEVING

He never won the Atlantic division outright much less a conference championship in a weak ACC: UNDERACHIEVING

In ten years he never posted a ten win season: UNDERACHIEVING

The bottom line is that the product he put on the field was an underachievement. We were guaranteed to lose four games a year with him and you never knew who it would be. The only thing he did consistently was lose games that he wasn’t supposed to. If his time at Clemson wasn’t an underachievement he might still have his job. He did some good things but he is not a good coach. That’s why no one else came after him after he lost his job. I will never forget the words I read in an article after he left describing his time at Clemson as a “skitzophrenic ten year tenure.” Bowden invented #######ing and it took years for Dabo to crush that reputation. I don’t hate the guy but he was not a good coach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We had an administration that didn't believe

Feb 4, 2019, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Danny’s teams set my unchanging expectations for Clemson football then ]

elite football was part of the formula for having an elite university.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Carolinian by birth

Feb 4, 2019, 7:22 PM

Tiger by the Grace of God.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic