Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I strongly believe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,087

I strongly believe

Sep 8, 2019, 12:22 PM

That the best rule college football could make would be to disallow an injured player to return to the field until the next possession. That would reduce the number of delays that we saw in yesterday’s game. If a guy has to be carried off the field he certainly shouldn’t sit out one play and return to the game.

If you can’t take the heat .... stay out of the kitchen!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seemed strange that it was A&M players being overcome, and

Sep 8, 2019, 12:26 PM

what? Only one Clemson player?

I agree but with one little tweak: make them have to sit out at least one quarter. Then, watch how many continue with the, ahem, "injuries."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes sense. It’s for their own safety.

Sep 8, 2019, 2:32 PM

Who’s against making sure “injured” players are safe? SEC schools should embrace this since they care so very much about their players.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: I strongly believe

Sep 8, 2019, 12:30 PM

I don't hate it .

Who you emails it to ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I agree with the "until the next possession" proposal...

Sep 8, 2019, 12:34 PM

However, I think there should be a QB exclusion. I've never seen a QB fake an injury that I can recall. After all, it's generally a defensive ploy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jake "floppy" Bentley...

Sep 8, 2019, 12:37 PM

...ever hear of him?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's done... Besides, he wasn't injured. He was just scared.***

Sep 8, 2019, 12:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brain damage is a injury...are you saying he doesn't suffer? ***

Sep 8, 2019, 12:55 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with the "until the next possession" proposal...

Sep 8, 2019, 12:45 PM [ in reply to I agree with the "until the next possession" proposal... ]

That’s very true. Mond played most of the second half with an apparent bum leg and never missed a snap.

Re: Watched lot of ball yesterday

Sep 8, 2019, 12:45 PM

And there were quite many players falling out with cramps. It was hot all over the South. If team doesn't have a good regimen for staying hydrated they get behind the curve and won't recover.

But, yes, some of it is bs. Worth a shot at rules change.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's plenty of hydration on both sidelines...If you don't

Sep 8, 2019, 12:50 PM

come in prepared or with enough depth for rotation, that's on your coaching staff... Definitely needs to be addressed.

SEC teams facing tempo hit hardest.***

Sep 8, 2019, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Watched lot of ball yesterday ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Don't agree with the idea especially early in the year

Sep 8, 2019, 12:47 PM

in heat over 90 degrees. Cramps from not being properly hydrated are a transient injury. They can also be very painful. I remember once just after finishing track practice my quads cramping. Believe me it HURT big time. I was unable to walk for about 5 minutes. After that I was all right.

Now the one DT for aTm was not a case of cramping, but an ankle injury. Even after retaping and after halftime he was still hobbled. I question why he was let back in to play by the coaches.

Now should players be cramping during bowl season probably not, and do some teams/coaches use it as a way to delay play, probably. Maybe a better solution would be after the second cramping incident and each subsequent incident a team loses a time out. Maybe a 2/3 play delay before a player is allowed to return to play. If player safety is the issue as the NCAA keeps saying any of these ideas proposed make as much sense as the targeting and "not touching the defenseless QB" rules.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Selective application won't work... Needs to be a standardized rule.***

Sep 8, 2019, 12:52 PM

Re: I strongly believe

Sep 8, 2019, 3:05 PM

Your solution should be considered but the better one is to copy the NFL and force the team on defense to use a TO.

The fake injuries will stop immediately.

watch out-stuff like this is how the CapriSun breaks started

Sep 8, 2019, 3:20 PM

next will be mandatory stoppages for water and orange slices like peewee soccer games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,087
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic