Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone think Tavien slipped to third on the depth chart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Does anyone think Tavien slipped to third on the depth chart

Apr 24, 2019, 11:11 PM

and that's why he decided to transfer?

I can certainly understand him wanting to go somewhere else to play more if he were 3rd here. Perhaps Dixon has passed him, or it is obvious that he soon will?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yes, like ETN, Lyn-J was a raw talent that just needed some

Apr 24, 2019, 11:20 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anyone think Tavien slipped to third on the depth chart

Apr 24, 2019, 11:31 PM

You would be correct Judge(in my opinion). Otherwise he doesn’t need to transfer.

Other than a couple of plays I just never saw in TF the hyped expectations he had coming out of high school. And that’s not a knock on him, the recruiting services blew him up pretty good. I’ve always felt that is unfair to these kids. Then he had the injury.......

ETN jumped out at you on his first game, and Lyn J did as well. I believe the writing was on the wall in the practices leading up to the spring game.

Apr 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

Lol no. He had 78 carries last year as the back up. He will get 200+ where he ends up if he picks the right place. No way was he passed on the depth chart.

This

Apr 25, 2019, 10:21 AM

he wants a showcase for the NFL. That means touches. He simply won't get that many here.

Guy has two rings and soon a degree. Wish him well and be done with it

I'd put Lyn J in front of him if I was in charge.

Apr 25, 2019, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone think Tavien slipped to third on the depth chart ]

He is more talented, unfortunate for Feaster but it's not hard to see. I'm just not a huge fan of the way Feaster ran the ball. He has shown improvement over the years but not enough to hold off Lyn J this year IMO.

I appreciate all the blood sweat and tears he's given the university. I really hope he gets drafted wherever he ends up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd put Lyn J in front of him if I was in charge.

Apr 25, 2019, 2:22 PM

Both are dang good but idk if I would say Lyn-J is better. Feaster was the top back in his class and has proven himself in games when the other team has not given up yet. Dixon has great stats but that is when we are up 4+ TDs and the other team has given up. I hope Dixon ends up better than Feaster but I think alot on here are forgetting just how good Feaster is because ETN came along and stole the show.

once Lyn J gets all the little things down, pass blocking ,

Apr 25, 2019, 5:47 PM

Etc. He will pass him. Hes just a unique runner and has something special in his lateral agility. I expect him to have a big year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's certainly possible.***

Apr 25, 2019, 10:01 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Judging by his tweets, yes***

Apr 25, 2019, 10:04 AM

Apr 25, 2019, 10:48 AM

Samething I said as soon as I saw his name and transfer portal mentioned. Lyn-J had moved up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fits with his tweets so I think it's certainly possible.

Apr 25, 2019, 10:51 AM

That might not be the sole reason for him transferring but he would certainly get a lot fewer reps here as 3rd string back than 2nd. 1st and 2nd backs have been getting comparable carries the last two years but theres been a pretty significant drop to the guys beyond that.

Re: Fits with his tweets so I think it's certainly possible.

Apr 25, 2019, 12:09 PM

ETN had more than double the carries of any other back last year.

probably, but it is what it is... i don't blame him. he'll

Apr 25, 2019, 10:58 AM

do great somewhere else. And he'll get alot of touches at another school. But he's not taking touches from ETN or LynJ

Apr 25, 2019, 11:35 AM

I am ok with Feaster finding more touches as *this* is the way to use the portal. Graduate and move on. Wish him the best of luck.

The is the other side, rather than having a grad taking the 3rd level touches, you can elevate a younger player for more experience. Yes, it would be great to have a fantastic talent like Feaster with experience in the back pocket but

For example, if KB stayed and played in the Cuse game, we would not know how much of a baller Brice would be? Sure, it was nerve killing but at the same time there is less concern knowing that Brice and will next up. It was great experience for Brice. The other side is that it would have been more QB issues and the team would not have been TL's by the playoff.

I thought Dabo had released a "post-spring" depth chart,

Apr 25, 2019, 1:01 PM

but I cannot find it anywhere (Yes, I have Googled it.) Anyone have it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic