Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone know what the Coots spend on Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Does anyone know what the Coots spend on Football

Apr 1, 2019, 4:04 PM

relative to other football programs like ours? It seems that if they would spend as much as we do, they would get similar results.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they out spent Akron

Apr 1, 2019, 4:07 PM

and got a "W" for their efforts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever...it’s 3 Natty Trophies & 29 rival Wins LESS!

Apr 1, 2019, 4:08 PM

Yep..sounds about right to me. LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whatever...it’s 3 Natty Trophies & 29 rival Wins LESS!

Apr 1, 2019, 4:10 PM

it almost makes me wonder if they are not laundering that SEC network money into their academics, because without checking I am going to assume that they are better than their football program as far as rankings are concerned.

Whatever it is, they ain't gettin' their money's worth...***

Apr 1, 2019, 4:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so long as coot fans can chant SEC when other teams win, they're happy.***

Apr 1, 2019, 5:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It doesn't matter how much they spend...

Apr 1, 2019, 4:21 PM

NOTHING is ever going to change in that cesspool until there is a significant and dramatic culture overhaul.

Unless and until that happens, they will always be mouth breathing, knuckle dragging, perennial doormats and bottom feeders.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Can't really compare what we spend to what they spend...

Apr 1, 2019, 4:22 PM

they spend SEC money...it just means more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't really compare what we spend to what they spend...

Apr 1, 2019, 4:24 PM

Well, whatever they are spending on football, basketball(men's), and baseball, obviously it ain't enough !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't really compare what we spend to what they spend...

Apr 2, 2019, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Can't really compare what we spend to what they spend... ]

SEC currency value is higher than ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anyone know what the Coots spend on Football

Apr 1, 2019, 4:33 PM

According to this article:

Clemson ranks #10 in spending at $34.67 million

U of 5C ranks #21 in spending at $29.97 million

https://www.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2017/08/which_schools_spend_the_most_on_college_football_where_does_syracuse_rank.html

10. Clemson, $34.67 million
Expect this number to rise in coming seasons. Clemson's national title last year ought to bring in a surge of revenue and the corresponding increase in expenses that accompanies a non-profit enterprise. Even before that extra spending, Clemson sat among the 10 biggest spenders in 2015-16.
Defensive coordinator Brent Venables ranked No. 2 among salaries for assistant coaches last year at $1.4 million, and Clemson's group of on-field coaches is among the highest-paid in the country.

21. South Carolina, $29.97 million
Outside of Texas, South Carolina is the biggest spender that didn't earn a single votes in the coaches poll.

Read this again folks . . .

Apr 1, 2019, 9:11 PM

"21. South Carolina, $29.97 million
Outside of Texas, South Carolina is the biggest spender that didn't earn a single vote in the coaches poll."

. . . the BIGGEST SPENDER that DIDN'T earn a SINGLE VOTE in the COACHES POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what the gal (see post earlier in this thread) was spewing about!!!!!!!

You can't make this stuff up!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2019, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone know what the Coots spend on Football ]

thanks for actually reading my post and responding appropriately. +1

I don't understand why SCU doesn't just hire...

Apr 1, 2019, 4:38 PM

Nick Saban or Dabo Swinney. The only thing that keeps a coach from taking another job is an AD too scared to make the call and offer the money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

This is Definately where Georgia got the formula wrong***

Apr 1, 2019, 4:41 PM

They should have gone after Tom Herman or Kirby Dumbo

Apr 1, 2019, 4:46 PM [ in reply to I don't understand why SCU doesn't just hire... ]

instead of Muschamp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tom Herman. LOL. Jeff Scott gave him the down low on UofSuck***

Apr 1, 2019, 5:02 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Heard they going hard after

Apr 1, 2019, 4:52 PM [ in reply to I don't understand why SCU doesn't just hire... ]

Tony Bennet

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

A lot more than UVA

Apr 1, 2019, 4:41 PM

....look where that got'em.

too much for what they get***

Apr 1, 2019, 4:52 PM

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Apr 1, 2019, 5:03 PM

Based on their results however much they are spending is apparently too much.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

New Football Dorms

Apr 1, 2019, 5:10 PM
97.jpg(130.1 K)

expense has taken a sizeable chunk out of their football revenues. Poor money management IMO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2019, 8:00 PM

About a dime....bag...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something less than .....enough. IMHO.***

Apr 1, 2019, 8:41 PM

Yes, I do.

Apr 1, 2019, 9:23 PM

Way too much for what they're getting.

Apr 1, 2019, 9:25 PM

They must have Monopoly money , Balm ... I can't imagine getting as gipped as they have throughout their history and spending actual American dollars .

DB23

Apr 1, 2019, 9:49 PM

OMG

Tigerdug just used a racial slur against gypsies.

PC Police!!! PC Police!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10 dollars/yr at Walmart buying a cap and sweat shirt.***

Apr 2, 2019, 6:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic