Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anybody win uglier than we do?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Does anybody win uglier than we do?

Feb 3, 2018, 4:11 PM

Make no mistake about it, this was a HUGE win for us, and I'll take an ugly win any day. It just seems that no matter who we play, top to bottom, it doesn't seem to matter; it is a mighty struggle for us. I can't determine if there is just that much parity or if we just play up/down to the competition.

Anyway, an absolutely amazing season so far. Keep the wins coming, however you have to get 'em!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

ill take an ugly win on the road

Feb 3, 2018, 4:12 PM

in the ACC. I mean, its not like we are playing Scrubby McScrubberson State lol. at least we didn't lose by 23 ;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%***

Feb 3, 2018, 7:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

True grit, even Dabo don't give a #### about esthetics...

Feb 3, 2018, 4:13 PM

Really a remarkable difference in the close games this team wins and the many ways it found to lose these games in the past - too many to number.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True grit, even Dabo don't give a #### about esthetics...

Feb 3, 2018, 4:22 PM

maybe Dabo should hire an Esthetician?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Line up and play, that's all he gone do...

Feb 3, 2018, 4:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3DE0UO_z8s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every game in the ACC is tough and the toughest

Feb 3, 2018, 4:14 PM

is whoever in the acc you play on the road. Way to go tigers !

Agree 100%***

- H. L. Mencken

Will take any win on the road! Congrats Tiger Hoopsters!***

Feb 3, 2018, 4:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%***

- H. L. Mencken

I don't think ugly is even close to the right word

Feb 3, 2018, 4:18 PM

that wasn't an ugly game except when the refs got whistle happy. Good offense, clutch free throws, great D to close things out. Nothing ugly about that.

Except for Pitt, any ACC team can beat another one. And on the road, an 8 point win against anyone is hardly ugly

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed...

Feb 3, 2018, 4:29 PM

How a foul is called on us when the Wake player lowers his shoulder and rams our guy to the floor is beyond me. Mind you this was far away from the basket...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The result was certainly beautiful, but the struggle was

Feb 3, 2018, 4:32 PM [ in reply to I don't think ugly is even close to the right word ]

real, and often far from beautiful. And thanks for answering my question with "parity".

- H. L. Mencken

I don't see a game as ugly because it's a hard fought struggle

Feb 3, 2018, 4:36 PM

That's pretty much every road win by every team in the ACC this year. There is parity in that 14 of 15 teams have a chance on any given night, especially at home

Re: I don't see a game as ugly because it's a hard fought struggle

Feb 3, 2018, 5:02 PM

Thanks striperfan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't consider 43% FG, 85% FT, and 42% 3PT

Feb 3, 2018, 6:04 PM [ in reply to The result was certainly beautiful, but the struggle was ]

to be ugly at all. That includes 46% on threes and 88% on free throws in the second half, not to mention tough zone defense in crunch time to shut down Wake and stop their offensive momentum.

We had multiple players step up with key plays. We won on the road by 8. What's ugly about that?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Duke does!

Feb 3, 2018, 4:29 PM

I mean , do you remember Scheyer

One of many Duke puds that were easy to hate.***

Feb 3, 2018, 4:33 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Does anybody win uglier than we do?

Feb 3, 2018, 4:38 PM

Call me crazy, but I don't call it ugly when you have single digit turnovers, shoot 85% from the line (including something like 8 for 8 the last 2 1/2 minutes of the game) and win the rebounding advantage on the road in the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think their vertigo machines had Reed dazzled early on

Feb 3, 2018, 5:03 PM

some FT's then he shifted to setting his eyes on the floor while dribbling it in and squaring the basket only during the shot. He was lights out from there. Great team effort. We're a tough out.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen ... thats what it takes***

Feb 3, 2018, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anybody win uglier than we do? ]

Feb 3, 2018, 4:38 PM

Never seen an ugly WIN. Seen some that had me gritting my tooth (:))but never ugly when it was a win.

I do enjoy a good pounding of the other team but close wins ain't ugly.

Go Tigers!!!

Feb 3, 2018, 4:48 PM

Based on our history, complaining about wins in basketball is quite comical to me

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%***

Feb 3, 2018, 7:51 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Ugly wins in the ACC on the road?? Last thought in my

Feb 3, 2018, 4:50 PM

mind. GO TIGERS!!

You should smile more. Tigers won!***

Feb 3, 2018, 4:58 PM

There aren’t any ugly wins***

Feb 3, 2018, 5:10 PM

One thing Clemson does well: FINISH STRONG!!!

Feb 3, 2018, 5:14 PM

Not sure why Clemson can't get ahead early in games and stay ahead. But man oh man, this team can finish strong.

Feb 3, 2018, 5:22 PM

There isn’t an ugly win to me. We are winning the games we should have won last year. Every close game we had last year we couldn’t finish and this year the team is playing to finish. To me that equals a good win with everyone playing together.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

I've never felt so misunderstood.

Feb 3, 2018, 5:54 PM

Or had my words so misconstrued. :(

I'll take an ACC road win (or any win) any day (how many times do I have to say it?).
I'm thrilled that we won.
I'm not complaining - I'm making an observation.
I'm smiling.

But, this is T-Net. I don't know why I expected moar.

- H. L. Mencken

Could work up a No. 6 on em, cept the women folk of course..***

Feb 3, 2018, 8:34 PM

For a Clemson team, these guys win effortlessly

Feb 3, 2018, 5:58 PM

Nice ball movement and spread the court well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the nature of ACC basketball.

Feb 3, 2018, 6:00 PM

Lots of talented teams and good players. Just about every ACC team cares about basketball, and that is reflected in the fact that wins are hard to come by. The fact that we are 8-3 is nothing short of incredible.

I disagree that these are ugly wins. They are things of beauty if you ask me!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Maybe not, but at least we ain't LOSING ugly

Feb 3, 2018, 7:18 PM

like the dirt peckers!

Agree 100%***

Feb 3, 2018, 7:52 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Feb 3, 2018, 7:56 PM

guess you prefer those pretty losses instead......I do not CARE how ugly it is as long was WE win.....Go Tigers!!!!!

Considering rhat we lost Grantham, who was playingvery well,

Feb 3, 2018, 8:26 PM

And we beat a tesm on tee he re oad who had just beaten Florida State, and rhey benefitrwd from some questionalble calls down the stretch................

Considering rhat we lost Grantham, who was playingvery well,

Feb 3, 2018, 8:26 PM

And we beat a tesm on tee he re oad who had just beaten Florida State, and rhey benefitrwd from some questionalble calls down the stretch................

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic