Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ha ha ... google "charlie b's outdoor arena" ... the top of the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 496

ha ha ... google "charlie b's outdoor arena" ... the top of the

Apr 18, 2019, 7:46 AM

list is a T-Net post I made over 8 years ago. It now has over 15,000 views. I still have people join T-Net and T-Mail me... they want to correspond and swap stories, or they want me to email them a ticket stub, etc. They remember Charlie B's and are searching for info. I'll click on their username and they have zero posts... they have no interest in Clemson or Clemson sports, they join just to try to get in touch with me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Do you lure them into your basement and kill them

Apr 18, 2019, 8:16 AM

before you r8pe them? Or do you like a warm body?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.

Apr 18, 2019, 2:43 PM

But you know, I understand people reaching out to me. I was in the same situation, I used to search and search on the internet and could find absolutely nothing about these concerts. Which lead to my post trying to see if I could find anyone else... seemed like only me and my high school buddies remembered them. And I thought that was so odd, because these concerts were easily the coolest thing to ever happen anywhere around here...

All day, outdoor, Woodstock-style rock concerts with several big name bands. In Seneca SC, for christ's sake. Fleetwood Mac, ZZ Top, Doobie Bros, James Gang (with Joe Walsh), Charlie Daniels, Marshall Tucker, Foghat, Bloodrock, Cactus, etc, etc. All of those bands in their prime, early 70s. Pulling in with car loads of folks, all of us 15-16 years old. Unloading coolers of beer and liquor and food and whatever. Just go find a good spot and "set up camp" for the day/night.

Such great memories. It was a cool time to be a teenager...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where was this place?***

Apr 18, 2019, 2:51 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where was this place?***

Apr 18, 2019, 2:55 PM

Here's the original thread... several people chimed in that knew exactly where it used to be, with directions.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/concerts-at-Charlie-Bs-Outdoor-Arena-early-70s-941093

I went at least once - I only remember Black Oak Arkansas

Apr 18, 2019, 5:11 PM [ in reply to Yes. ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJXM-ssg2Hg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting link

Apr 18, 2019, 5:24 PM

https://www.rocktheranchmusicfest.com/about-us

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 496
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic