Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we pull for bama to make it back?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,058

Do we pull for bama to make it back?

Aug 5, 2019, 11:15 AM

While I'd like to play someone else (Dawgs), our rivalry is epic. How much more history do we need to make?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been there, done that.

Aug 5, 2019, 11:17 AM

A lot.

Let's stomp the puppies to shut them up (for a day or two at least.)

Re: Been there, done that.

Aug 5, 2019, 12:31 PM

Yes ... one more time. Once we break the head-to-head Natty tie, I will be ready for Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas or whoever for a change.

Message was edited by: gatigerbc®

Re: Do we pull for bama to make it back?

Aug 5, 2019, 11:20 AM

I would be fine either way...
1. If it is Bama/Clemson V... it would break the 2-2 tie, which would be satisfying.
2. If it is someone new? That is fun too... Georgia, Texas, Oregon, Michigan...

As long as we are there, either path is a fun one.

Playing 'Bama in CFP like going to a decent chain restaurant

Aug 5, 2019, 11:36 AM

You know what you are going to order. You know it will most likely be ok. But no excitement to it. That probably sounds appealing for some. Sounds horrible to me.

I hate chain restaurants.

I hope we play two non-University of Alabama teams if (yes, if) we make it to the CFP.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we don’t need cry babies in CFP

Aug 5, 2019, 11:37 AM

??????

I couldn't care less what happens to the "yellow hammers" .

Aug 5, 2019, 11:59 AM

or anyone else for that matter . . . I just want to win the next game . . . . . . . . . . . 15 times more

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No "pull for Bama" period. I hope they collapse under the

Aug 5, 2019, 12:20 PM

weight of their excuses and redemption expectations this season. I get the feeling they will be playing us starting week 1 and onward from there based on all the talk and coachspeak that's followed 44-16. I don't know that that's a pathway to success.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d love to play em in the semifinals

Aug 5, 2019, 12:25 PM

But beat the crap out of the Dawgs in the natty.....not sure about you, but every Dawg fan I know seems to “think” that they would have beaten badly had we played them in the natty.....really?! They can’t even beat big bro Bama. What makes em think that playing us would be a walk in the park.

Re: I’d love to play em in the semifinals

Aug 5, 2019, 12:51 PM

The thing is: "Bama is the standard"! Not playing them won't stop the "belly-aching"! People would say, "you are lucky you didn't have to go through Bama"! IF for some reason they don't make it; which I think is a real possibility this season. I can see LSU beating them this year!

As for Georgia - Who are they? What have they done? 1980 you say, what.

Forget every Georgia fan out there talking that yang! Beat LSU or Texas or Bama for that matter! You got lucky against Florida honestly; b/c their offense is atrocious.

I would love to have played and beaten Oregon - especially when they were at the height of their little run. And, I would hope they had the chrome helmets and the neon colored jerseys that super flashy when we play. Then hopefully stomp a mud hole in them!

Texas hasn't been good except when they play good teams. But, be nice to play them. Michigan too! Maybe Wisconsin. Nebraska - been there and done that for a NC, LOL!

Southern Cal if they were hitting on something would be good. Still would be good to beat them.

Michigan
Southern California
Notre Dame
Alabama
Ohio State

Those are all the - no matter how bad they are - old voters can't get over the nostalgia of how good these programs use to be. If any of the above are above average they get hyped up to no end. So, it's always good to beat them! Beaten 3 on the list recently - be good to get the other 2.

Honorable mention: Oklahoma, Miami

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d love to play em in the semifinals

Aug 5, 2019, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I’d love to play em in the semifinals ]

But beat the crap out of the Dawgs in the natty.....not sure about you, but every Dawg fan I know seems to “think” that they would have beaten badly had we played them in the natty.....really?! They can’t even beat big bro Bama. What makes em think that playing us would be a walk in the park.

Exactly !!! Lots of people (mainly SEC homers) seem to subscribe to the theory that Georgia is right there, about as good as Clemson and Bama.

I for one do not believe that Bama somehow lost focus, the “Alabama factor”, or whichever excuse they trot out there. I think they simply got beat that bad because they weren’t as good. They weren’t worth all the hype.

And Georgia can’t get over the Bama hurdle because they simply are not any better. Had Georgia made it into the CFP and faced us, they’d of been trucked too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No - I don't give a rat's tailbone if they make it back...

Aug 5, 2019, 12:34 PM

...I'd prefer they didn't. Let The Tigers beat up on someone else.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO - I would love to see USC, or Oregon, Stanford, Mich,

Aug 5, 2019, 12:35 PM

O st, anyone else new blood

I'd love to see Bama lose 2 or 3 games. .........

problem with USC is they kinds suck right now ----- I mean the REAL USC , not our punk little brothers downtime road....

null

Aug 5, 2019, 12:40 PM

Not me. While the tie-breaker championship thing is OK, I just think it best for the sport if its not Bama. Technically its best if not us or Bama but NONE of us want that. So I prefer we take on a Michigan or Texas or the real USC, maybe Penn St....just a good program with some history. Its ok if its UGA since I have enough Dawg friends and coworkers to make it interesting too.

Wouldn’t the world collapse if there were not

Aug 5, 2019, 12:48 PM

a team from the SEC in there?

Agree on the tie break, agree on another cool school, agree on the bama fatigue.

If it comes to UGA and Bama, the committee will magically put them in a playoff, so that there’s a guarantee of SEC a representative

Yes. Hopefully we play two games in the CFP anyway, so

Aug 5, 2019, 12:44 PM

as long as we play someone new in the Semis, bring on Bama V in the Champeenship game again! I would like to see me some Texas, or (gasp!) a team from the Pac 12. About time they get in again, based on Committee guilt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 2:38 PM

Let's focus on winning our opener!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 2:52 PM

The Dawgs getting to another cfp would just validate their constant over ranking. F that.

Give me mich, Texas, and Oregon. With 2 loss bama and uga crying outside the gates.

Aug 5, 2019, 3:01 PM

No.
If "The Greatest Team Ever" lays an egg, we have no obligation to let them save face. You don't get a pass to play in next year's Natty by having a great season this year. And no, i don't care that "it's Alabama!"

OTOH, Saban is undefeated in revenge games for the last, like 12 years. I'd like to end that streak.

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,058
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic