Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Difference between Dabo and Brownell
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,616

Difference between Dabo and Brownell

Mar 15, 2017, 2:04 PM

It is this simple:

Dabo - expects to be great; doesn't shy away from expectations and in fact embraces it

Brownell - Makes excuses about the results or blames his players, doesn't take accountability -- This is epitomized in one quote from yesterday "it was a bad half that is it, I am still comfortable nothing changed"

The real quote should have been losing a twenty point led is unacceptable and not to our standard, it on me and the coaches to makes sure our team is prepared to maintain leads and win... or something to that

Bottom line the problem with basketball is our coach doesn't want to be great, he accepts being mediocre. This is not Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, do you really believe that Brownell doesn't want to have a great program?

Mar 15, 2017, 2:18 PM

He works his tail off and hates losing. We can always debate the results on the court, but it's a low blow to act like he doesn't care enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL, do you really believe that Brownell doesn't want to have a great program?

Mar 15, 2017, 2:20 PM

Brownell acts like he doesn't care. He just folds his arms and rolls his eyes, turns around and walks to the other end of the bench. If that doesn't personify passion and intensity what does?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hes a lazy recruiter and a spectator during games

Mar 15, 2017, 2:20 PM [ in reply to LOL, do you really believe that Brownell doesn't want to have a great program? ]

He may hate losing, but claiming he works his tail off is taking it too far.

Re: LOL, do you really believe that Brownell doesn't want to have a great program?

Mar 15, 2017, 2:24 PM [ in reply to LOL, do you really believe that Brownell doesn't want to have a great program? ]

I'm sure he has good intentions but I hope he commits himself to change for the better in all areas. Like all of us everyday is a new challenge but if we stay comfortable we don't grow. Studying the best always helps too.

I love to read my basketball heroes wisdom. Here is over 500 quotes that will challenge us all in being a better coach and team player.

http://www.basketballforcoaches.com/basketball-quotes/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Mar 15, 2017, 2:40 PM [ in reply to LOL, do you really believe that Brownell doesn't want to have a great program? ]

It sure appeared to me last night that he saw the victory leaving the arena and did nothing about it.
They/he didn't change defenses until the Oakland group was within 1 hoop or it was tied. Too darn late then to seal the corral--they opponent had major momentum and our guys had no remedy of obvious plan to regain the lead.
I think BB is a nice guy but with a basketball team you have show emotion and demand discipline. Last night neither was evident in Clemson colors. Very, very sad day for the Tigers, the coach and his staff and the AD. There are lots of basketball coaches around that would have saved that game and would relish a chance to be an ACC coach. It is time to make a major change and demand progress from the new staff.
The measuring stick is you will not lose 20 po'int leads with under 18 minutes to go on your home court.
Thought for D. Rad---'could Brad coach softball?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 3:06 PM [ in reply to LOL, do you really believe that Brownell doesn't want to have a great program? ]

I believe many people say they want to be great but don't put the steps in to be great. Too me being great is about mindset and the vision to execute. It is demanding excellence even when success achieved - Dabo is a great example of that. It is about not becoming complacent with the status quo - Our team and coach became that last night, and it is about results, which have been severely lacking for our basketball team.

Finally, becoming great requires a vision. Dabo clearly laid out a vision of how to be great with our football program, he executed against it, modified when needed, and achieved the highest result. I believe Brownell while he may say he wants a great basketball program hasn't communicated or executed against that vision. Because of that we are mediocre.

Mar 15, 2017, 4:07 PM [ in reply to LOL, do you really believe that Brownell doesn't want to have a great program? ]

Judge Dabo faced this demon in 2010. The season had gone badly. The fans were angry and the administration was finally paying attention. He fired his offensive coordinator Napier and hired a real one in Chad Morris. He made real changes. Would Brownell be willing to make real changes including hiring younger better recruiting coaches?

6 points different in scrabble

Mar 15, 2017, 2:34 PM

Depending, of course, if you can get any extra points using double word squares.

Also, you'd have to hope you aren't challenged by an opponent for playing a proper noun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,616
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic