Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Update on CLMSNMN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 298

Update on CLMSNMN

Dec 6, 2018, 11:58 AM

Since I'm basically a HS kid who wrecks his dad's car and this makes me laugh, I'll share. He's gotten the appropriate amount of shit from the rest of us actual Clemson men for his license plate (he's a tarhole who never had to go to classes), but since the pen15 wood paid for his ride, I guess that makes him and/or the car an honorary CLMSNMN.

Was driving home after the chickens game by myself on Sunday, busiest travel day of the year, and REALLY enjoying the traffic. Around Newberry, a chunk of what looked like 4" steel pipe ricocheted off the guardrail a few cars up, and arced through the air over the car in front of me, gently placing itself in the dead center of the left lane. No time, opportunity, or space to swerve since it happened in about 1/4 of a second and I had guardrails and cars in every direction. So that adorable hunk of metal did it's work on the underside of CLMSNMN. Don't know if the car behind me had any physical activity with said metal, but he got the hell out of the left lane with the quickness. Car didn't go airborne, but I could definitely feel the crunch. About 10 seconds later, every light came on and CLMSNMN started shutting down, so I bolted to the shoulder amidst a flurry of real and made-up cursewords.

The whole back of the car is covered in oil, and whatever remained in the oilpan was rapidly migrating to the weeds. Call pops, USAA, and multiple others, and 2 hours later, was picked up by a tow truck and taken to the shady af gas station at the next exit. NINE days later, the car is finally towed to Infiniti in Charleston. Dad just got an update today. Lower oil pan had a 50 cent-sized hole in it (probably 3/16" aluminum, so that was a Xavier Thomas-type hit); upper oil pan also bent all to heckfire. USAA wants Infiniti to replace those ($8-9K) and get the engine running to see what else might be wrong. Dad is like "no, because then you'll screw me when something breaks in 6 months". Would probably take in the range of $25-30K in repairs for them to total it.

TLDR: I'm still in high school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is he tryna total it out?***

Dec 6, 2018, 12:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that would be his preference.

Dec 6, 2018, 12:02 PM

That's what I'd want.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has he tried turning it off then turning it back on again?***

Dec 6, 2018, 12:04 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I closed all the windows.

Dec 6, 2018, 12:06 PM

It turned itself off.

Didn't something remarkably similar happen to you

Dec 6, 2018, 12:05 PM

a couple years ago?

Or was that someone else?

I believe he was in the car describing the slow motion

Dec 6, 2018, 12:06 PM

replay of what actually happened to his friend who was driving.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, last October on the way to Foo Fighters in Cola.

Dec 6, 2018, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Didn't something remarkably similar happen to you ]

A 6" driveshaft caused mayhem and almost death. Airborne at 80mph in a 10 year old BMW is not the most relaxing thing in the world. Not even top 10.

Butt in top 15 or 20 for sure, right?***

Dec 6, 2018, 2:07 PM

If he had the proper lint rap installed this prolly

Dec 6, 2018, 12:10 PM

wouldn't have happened.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Replies: 9
| visibility 298
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic