Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Didn't realize people needed a handbook on proper
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

Didn't realize people needed a handbook on proper

Jul 12, 2012, 9:59 PM

hospitality to opposing teams; but, here it is as I see it.

1.Before the game, invite opposing fans to share your tailgate, offer them a cold drink, piece of chicken, and some vinegar pie( my favorite, tmail me for the recipee). Extend the hand of fellowship and offer proper tribute to their team and heritage. As you walk to the game, shake their hand , wish them good luck as you give them a quick wink of the eye, and then say, Go Tigers!

2. Pregame in the stadium, take your hat off for the prayer, National Anthem,and Alma Mater. Cheer as loud as possible when the Tigers run down the hill, and BOOOOOO the opposing team to your fullest when they take the field. ( Forget TDP and his bull about being nice)
3. During the game boo the opposing coach every time he disputes a call. Boo the refs every time they throw a flag on the Tigers. Boo extremely loud when they throw flag that is blatantly wrong on the Tigers. DO NOT BOO opposing teams fans during the game. Do not taunt opposing teams fans during the game. Do not abide being taunted by opposing fans during the game.

4. After the game, if we win, congratulate the opposing fans for a game well played, return to your tailgate and enjoy a post game cold drink. Invite opposing fans that are worthy( you will know who they are). After the game, if we lose, give the opposing teams fans a tip of the hat, and go to your tailgate. ALONE. They can find their own way out.

Pretty simple really. It has been that way at Clemson for the forty plus years I have been going. Don't want to see it change. It is one of the things that makes Clemson special.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic