Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did you notice the looks on ESPN announcers faces when...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Did you notice the looks on ESPN announcers faces when...

Oct 31, 2018, 1:34 PM

5 ACC team showed up in the top 25?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My question is to everyone looking up at Clemson

Oct 31, 2018, 1:49 PM

and Alabama is this. When you are at the top, doesn’t it diminish your accomplishments / schedule when you tar and feather everyone you play? There are some (including myself) that question Alabama’s schedule as being tough. But think of it this way. We / and they have played the cards we are dealt, and we have won every time. I don’t care that Syracuse played us close and might lose to someone unworthy late in the season. Same with Bama. All we can do beat the opponent in front of us. We are doing that, by 25-40 pts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But we did beat Cuse with a 3rd string QB. I don't really...

Oct 31, 2018, 1:59 PM

understand NCSU being ranked, but I'll take it. It won't last. BC should be a little higher, maybe where NCSU currently sits. Would love for FSU or the Cuse to be the one to knock off ND.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But we did beat Cuse with a 3rd string QB. I don't really...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:12 PM

Our yearly hiccup should have been the Cuse game. It didn’t happen. I’m saying it now. THIS IS THE BEST TEAM CLEMSON HAS EVER PUT ON THE FIELD. We are better than 16. Debate, discuss. Either way, this is my opinion.

And the best is yet to come..........***

Oct 31, 2018, 2:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But we did beat Cuse with a 3rd string QB. I don't really...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: But we did beat Cuse with a 3rd string QB. I don't really... ]

Defensively maybe better than '16. Our offense isn't near 2016 yet tho. That offense could score at will when we needed to, and 3rd down was hardly ever a question in clutch time. This offense can get there by the playoffs but it's not there yet. Is this year's offense good? yup, but not '15/'16 levels yet

Our offense is more talented because...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:37 PM

our RB bench is deeper, faster and just as hard hitting as 2016's starter and our WR corp is too deep to be compared not to mention that our QB is teh awesome because he protects his body like he's a first round draft pick this year who has been in the system for three years already.

There's no 'maybe,' to our defense being better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't have a TE as talented as Leggett or a WR as good as

Oct 31, 2018, 3:12 PM

Mike Williams on this team. Otherwise, about even.

Exactly...who could have guessed...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:09 PM

the $-EZ Least would become the absolute worst Division among all of the Power 5 conferences.

At least Kentucky, who I think it a good bit overrated, has stepped up its game some in place of Florida and Tennessee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The SEC East is just cycling in

Oct 31, 2018, 2:13 PM

To be fair, the SEC East is actually better this year than a couple years ago when they were even worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you notice the looks on ESPN announcers faces when...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:10 PM

The narrative was set after a few weeks and some of the traditionally strong ACC teams like FSU, Miami and VT were losing games when they were favored. Once the narrative about how bad the ACC is took hold then the perennial middle of the pack ACC teams that have been having success were already at a disadvantage.

Fortunately, the committee has usually done a great job of ignoring the media narrative and ranking teams where they see fit based on their own data.

The ACC is down a bit this year since there isn't a really strong 2nd team behind Clemson, but we do have multiple teams that are top 25 material which is evident by the 4 ACC teams ranked near the bottom of the top 25.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you notice the looks on ESPN announcers faces when...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:29 PM

It always kills me how ACC teams w several losses are due to a weak league. Teams like that in the SEC are evidence that the SEC is a strong conference

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of those guys on that panel openly supported...

Oct 31, 2018, 2:42 PM

LSU being ranked #2. Since the beginning of this Playoff system not much has changed.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic