Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did we find room for the younger Ngata?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Did we find room for the younger Ngata?

Jul 28, 2019, 9:10 PM

Pic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One can hope

Jul 28, 2019, 9:13 PM

Re: Did we find room for the younger Ngata?

Jul 28, 2019, 10:11 PM

I sure hope so!

Jul 28, 2019, 10:16 PM

Hopefully not related to the Burch news out of mutt town

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2019, 10:25 PM

We have 4 stud DL already committed. Does it really matter if we dont get Burch? What if we add Flowe at LB?

Jul 28, 2019, 10:42 PM

Believe me I would gladly take Flowe and Ngata and be perfectly satisfied. And if Burch decides he wants to be a dog, then it doesn't have any immediate impact on us. Like you said we're stacked. But do I want him to come? Yeah sure, anytime we have a player in our backyard that has that much talent, I want then on our team. Make no mistake, if he doesn't come we will have someone else come in to fill the need. Our coaches have proven that. This news just made me wonder if the speculation reported early today may hold water. We will see. And no I won't lose any sleep either way lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2019, 10:54 PM

I agree.

Jul 28, 2019, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Did we find room for the younger Ngata? ]

I missed the news out of mutt town. ?????

Jul 28, 2019, 11:13 PM

Supposedly they lead for him. But right now it's just the tiniest hint of smoke. Still a long way to go to worry about it now. I just found it interesting this tweet came about after that. And for we know this tweet has nothing to do us ?????

Jul 28, 2019, 11:36 PM

This fall will be interesting! It’s such a good time to be a Tiger!

Jul 29, 2019, 1:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Did we find room for the younger Ngata? ]

You didn’t miss news out of the mutts every time a recruit steps on their campus their insiders scream they lead

Jul 29, 2019, 5:38 AM

This is true too lol

Jul 28, 2019, 10:30 PM

I never thought these words would cross my lips, but Clemson is absolutely loaded, no doubt about it! Would love to have these guys still undecided, but either way we are stacked!

Jul 28, 2019, 10:40 PM

I want him for sure. Wonder what happened?

Jul 29, 2019, 12:01 AM

My guess is that when the rookie DB entered the portal we got another scholarship for Ngata.

Wouldn’t he have come in town for “The All in Cookout”

Jul 29, 2019, 1:42 AM

If we were still recruiting him? We currently only have 14 available scholarships for next season, so we have to have at least 5 juniors opt for the NFL, or transfers. We are still actively recruiting 4 players (Flowe, Burch, Gilbert, & Williams) if we get all 4 we’ll need 9 players to leave the program early, that’s a high number.

I know some of you have suggested we are recruiting him as a slot, I don’t think that’s the case. It appears to me the coaches have made a philosophical change in WR recruiting and are no longer recruiting WR under 6’2”. The last under 6’2” WR was A. Rogers in the 2017 class, this will be the 3rd class in row where they have focused on big WR. I think the 2017 season caused them to make this change, they didn’t want another season where they didn’t have an experienced big body deep threat WR. In 2017 our starting WR were 6’1”-190, 5’10”-180, and 5’9”-180, and none of them were physical enough to beat press man coverage or make plays on 50/50 balls. I know most fans want to blame K. Bryant for our lack of vertical passing game, but a lot of it was the receivers and the coaches recognized it an made a change. Look at the size of our 3 starters going into 2019 ( 6’4”-215, 6’4”-210, & 6’5”-215) that’s a major change.

I’m inclined to agree with you on this

Jul 29, 2019, 6:23 AM

Based on the size of the players they’ve offered at WR I don’t think they ever intended Ngata to be a slot WR. Think he was offered as a RB and Pryor took his spot because Ngata didn’t commit in time.

Re: Wouldn’t he have come in town for “The All in Cookout”

Jul 29, 2019, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Wouldn’t he have come in town for “The All in Cookout” ]

Seems like we will have 18 spots for sure even without a couple transfers or a player that walks away from the game. I see a couple early locks for the NFL too. I dont see it being an issue.

Re: Wouldn’t he have come in town for “The All in Cookout”

Jul 29, 2019, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Wouldn’t he have come in town for “The All in Cookout” ]

Emeka Egbuka is under 6'2 and is most definitely being recruited for 2021 as we found out this weekend.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic