Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did anyone else notice Espn announcer Steve Levy seemingly want SC to win last n
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Did anyone else notice Espn announcer Steve Levy seemingly want SC to win last n

Nov 25, 2018, 7:34 PM

ight. He was clearly biased towards SC and was showing clips of Clemson and Pitt from 2016 last night

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did anyone else notice Espn announcer Steve Levy seemingly want SC to win last n

Nov 25, 2018, 7:39 PM

They were just hoping for a close game and not a blowout. Close games = better ratings = higher ad revenue.

Plus, he is a hockey guy. He doesn't live & breathe college football from the South, and can't lean on his memories of former players, etc, like the old football guys.

Re: Did anyone else notice Espn announcer Steve Levy seemingly want SC to win last n

Nov 25, 2018, 7:39 PM

You must have rabbit ears. I thought he enjoyed ribbing Griese about Michigan's beatdown more than anything. Lighten up Francis.

Nov 25, 2018, 7:40 PM

I felt he and Brian Griese gave us props all night. Their job is to keep people watching.... he was probably surprised as much as anyone at the ease of scoring against our defense

Marlborocountycoot = dgcannon39 = tiger michael = Reggaeman

Nov 25, 2018, 7:43 PM

146-52

Nov 25, 2018, 7:44 PM

I doubt Levy gives a crapola about Clemson or SC....its his job to generate excitement/interest in the game while its ongoing......probably difficult when the talent level is so lopsided. And its the producer of the show who probably schedules the clips of previous games

Its Levy's screaming that annoys the begeezus out of me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you think the on air talent picks the clips and

Nov 25, 2018, 7:45 PM

side stories and not the director, you have no clue about how TV works.

Given Pitt is our next opponent, it was logical to talk about they last time played.

If that’s all you’ve got to whine about, you need to get out more.

Who?***

Nov 25, 2018, 7:48 PM

Nov 25, 2018, 7:50 PM

I thought he was completely fair. It's funny that you think he favored SC over us and their fans have been complaining about how much he favored Clemson. If he made a portion of both fanbases angry that is usually a pretty good sign that he called it down the middle.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2018, 7:56 PM

Not sure if it was Levy, but did notice that when looking back on the decision to go for the TD on 4th down instead of a FG early one he commented, "I wanted the points." rather than saying he thought they should have gone for the points which really came across in the moment like was just talking about the team he wanted to win. So yeah.

The announcers were crap in general, running neck and neck with the officiating, and they kept playing highlights of the games we lost in the past and that whole bizarre part about needing to change the 'Former Clemson players on the Texas' graphic to include the 2 USC players that are also there. Just trashy.

Nov 25, 2018, 7:58 PM

Has there ever been an announcer that Tnet liked?

Nov 25, 2018, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone else notice Espn announcer Steve Levy seemingly want SC to win last n ]

Nov 25, 2018, 8:30 PM

Only if they spend most of the time saying Clemson is clearly the best team in the history of football, and don’t say a single positive thing about the other team.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone else notice Espn announcer Steve Levy seemingly want SC to win last n ]

Keith Jackson. Everyone loved him.

Nov 25, 2018, 7:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone else notice Espn announcer Steve Levy seemingly want SC to win last n ]

Nov 25, 2018, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Did anyone else notice Espn announcer Steve Levy seemingly want SC to win last n ]

I heard that also. He was saying he would have taken the points because he didn’t think they would score on 4th down and it would be a big momentum shift.

Nov 25, 2018, 8:10 PM

Levy is the worst. He sounded like a Duke Alum last week and a coot this week. I would not cry if he never did another one of our games. Griese is good - and pretty unbiased in my opinion. He is welcome, Levy is not.

Noooo he was just wanting chaos***

Nov 25, 2018, 8:11 PM

No. Didn’t think that. But I also don’t think Espn hates us

Nov 25, 2018, 8:20 PM

So maybe I’m not sensitive enough.

U R delusional****

Nov 25, 2018, 8:21 PM

Btw, he's the 1 pointed out the officials were from the SEC

Nov 25, 2018, 8:24 PM

after a bad call against us, early in the game.

No, I was at the game.***

Nov 25, 2018, 8:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

He was rooting for them even more than the refs were***

Nov 25, 2018, 8:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He was rooting for them even more than the refs were***

Nov 26, 2018, 3:04 PM

Glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed this.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic