Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Walt admit he was wrong.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,753

Did Walt admit he was wrong.

Apr 15, 2019, 4:43 PM

I missed the opening remarks Walt had about Tiger not ever winning again.
Did any of you hear what he had to say?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Walt admit he was wrong.

Apr 15, 2019, 4:50 PM

I haven’t heard him today but he didn’t say Tiger would never win again. When I heard him last week he said Tiger might win The Masters but it doesn’t mean he’s back and that he’s not ever going to dominate the game the way he use too.

Apr 15, 2019, 5:00 PM

But he did say it, not last week, but several years back. And I wasn't the only one who heard him say it.

Walt has no clue what he's talking about regarding golf.

Apr 15, 2019, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Walt admit he was wrong. ]

And he emphatically said that he would never win again. I listen to Walt daily. He started changing his tune once it was obvious that Tiger was back competing, nearly winning 2 majors last year.

Winning a random Masters isn't nearly as impressive to me as 3 straight Top 5 finishes in Majors. The key is consistently competing. If you're in contention, you'll have a day like yesterday.

In the PGA, for example, Brooks made every freaking putt. In the Open, Francesco was unflappable. But you keep putting yourself in contention, and similar to Clemson in the playoff, the ball will bounce your way eventually.

This^^^

Apr 15, 2019, 5:16 PM

For the majority of this decade he has stated that Tiger would never win again, and made fun of people who said he had a chance or they thought he would. In addition he would tell people they didn't know what they were talking about, and to move on.

He may have said "If Tiger wins again it will be at Augusta," but that's just giving yourself an out when you turn out to be wrong. Saying "never" and "if" in reference to the same point doesn't equate.

Walt is great with history of sports and his charitable work, but his ego and "I'm always right" persona makes it impossible to consistently listen to his show.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are in error, respectfully:

Apr 15, 2019, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Walt admit he was wrong. ]

"Tiger will never win another major." Said many times lately and over the past ten years. "If he were to win a major, however, it would be the Masters." He also said this, which was basically hedging his statement as an out, which he now needs, desperately, to save face.

You are in error, respectfully:

Apr 15, 2019, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Walt admit he was wrong. ]

"Tiger will never win another major." Said many times lately and over the past ten years. "If he were to win a major, however, it would be the Masters." He also said this, which was basically hedging his statement as an out, which he now needs, desperately, to save face.

Apr 15, 2019, 5:01 PM

Yes, he did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Repeatedly.

Apr 15, 2019, 5:57 PM

Walt ven told one caller who was trying to defend him suggesting the callers and texters let it go saying "Hey, the deserve it. They deserve to get a little run on this. I was wrong. "

Apr 16, 2019, 1:06 PM

Walt is wrong about many things.

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,753
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic