Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo or Fans?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Dabo or Fans?

Jun 12, 2012, 6:34 PM

For our sake I hope Dabo is wrong, Clemson will be around long after DS and BOT needs to make longer term, big picture decision.

For Dabos sake he better hope he is right. This is a hot button topic and he needs to defer all ?s to the admin. While I appreciate his honesty, being outspoken may divide fans even further.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least one pay site is "hinting" that Dabo had the backing

Jun 12, 2012, 6:37 PM

of those in charge to say what he said today.The Big 12 is a done deal this year.Maybe forever, he never said it was against Clemson's best interest to move, just to move to the BIG 12.

The pay sites are no more reliable than a lot of bloggers***

Jun 12, 2012, 6:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At least one pay site is "hinting" that Dabo had the backing

Jun 12, 2012, 6:43 PM [ in reply to At least one pay site is "hinting" that Dabo had the backing ]

do what?

Dabo was just saying what he could say…..

Jun 12, 2012, 6:39 PM

it would have been foolish for him to come out and say we need to move to the big 12 before the BOT makes an announcement that we are looking at other conferences.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah saying it'd be a bad decision would he smart if we do***

Jun 12, 2012, 6:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo was just saying what he could say…..

Jun 12, 2012, 6:43 PM

May buy that but, saying "We are 1000 percent committed to the ACC" seems like a pretty specific statement and really puts Dabo cred under scrutiny if we bolt to the big 12.

I take it to strongly mean we ain't leaving!***

Jun 12, 2012, 6:59 PM

Did Dabo need to make his comments?

Jun 12, 2012, 7:30 PM

Staying in or leaving the ACC is a potentially divisive issue. If we underachieve this season, it will be ammunition used against him. Personally, I think the head coach should stay away from issues that are beyond his control. Let the BOT make the pronouncements.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo or Fans?

Jun 12, 2012, 7:28 PM

As I have previously asked - this has what to do with Tiger Baseball?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Dabo or Fans?

Jun 12, 2012, 8:06 PM

I'm using mobile site and it automatically assigns everything to baseball board. I forgot to change the board.

What makes you think...

Jun 12, 2012, 10:09 PM

that the Board of Trustees ISN'T looking at the "big picture"? Most fans are only considering the impact on the football program when it comes to conference affiliation. While coach Swinney does have a tendency to speak from emotion, I doubt this was one of those times. I feel fairly certain he had discussions with his superiors before he made that statement.

here's the only thing though...

Jun 12, 2012, 10:13 PM

if you're not looking to leave you come out as an administration and say there's no way we are leaving...we aren't going anywhere....and you firmly put it to rest. It's done.

That has NOT happened. In fact what was said and I'm paraphrasing....we are open to better offers...by those in charge says we aren't happy where we are. It's obvious to me there are those around Clemson who aren't on the same page as each other. This needs to get resolved sooner than later and everyone needs to be reading from the same page of music. That doesn't mean you muzzle people but you need to be in agreement that we all say the same things. Otherwise it creates this type of environment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson ISN'T "looking to leave"...

Jun 12, 2012, 10:25 PM

Chairman Wilkins said Clemson hasn't received any offers and hasn't made any. He said they would consider any offers IF THEY CAME, but none has come. The Big XII has already shelved expansion for at least another year, even if some "fans" don't want to admit it.

if you're aren't looking to leave though you come out and

Jun 12, 2012, 10:30 PM

say...we aren't going anywhere and it's put to rest...the message boards shut down for the most part...the recruits quit talking about it...it's really simple to stop a story. The fact that they haven't come out and said anything is telling.

If my boss ask me if I'm looking to leave my job...do I say...well....if a better opportunity comes along I would be open to it OR do I say no...I'm not looking to go anywhere. I don't want him thinking I'm going to leave so I put it to rest. This hasn't happened.

Now the Big12 saying we aren't expanding holds about as much weight as 70lb weakling...the SEC did the same thing last yr and the next month invited two schools. Also...the guy making those comments is the outgoing commissioner. Last the Big12 can't say we are looking to expand because it opens them up to lawsuits of poaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give me a break...

Jun 12, 2012, 10:45 PM

you're obviously one that wants to leave and you're looking for anything to reinforce that desire. Even if Clemson DID say that it isn't going anywhere some of you wouldn't believe it. Absolutely NOTHING will convince some people that Clemson isn't looking to leave the ACC because that's what they want. I want SOMEBODY to convince me that leaving the ACC is in the BEST INTEREST of the ENTIRE athletic program. How would basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, and other sports benefit from going to the Big XII? They wouldn't. That's the "big picture" that many of you refuse to see. Fortunately, the administration sees that "big picture".

the big picture is everybody lives off football.

Jun 12, 2012, 10:48 PM

with it, little soccer and volleyball wouldn't exist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you keep harassing me?...

Jun 12, 2012, 10:56 PM

Are you so pathetic that that's all you have to do? "Little" soccer isn't so little when it loses a couple of games. Please convince me that going to the Big XII benefits ALL sports. You can't do it.

harassing you? I responded to a post on a board

Jun 12, 2012, 10:59 PM

get over yourself.

if more money comes in from Big 12 or any other conf, it benefits all teams. They ALL live off football

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed.... unfortunately there are some CU fans here...

Jun 12, 2012, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Give me a break... ]

that believe Clemson football is the only thing the University does and want to treat it as a 'pro' sport.

It's all about the money they say... well no, it really isn't!

why do you think the SEC is dominating sports?

Jun 12, 2012, 10:53 PM

it's because of the money

all sports at clemson live off football and footballs money.

practice guy...if we aren't looking to leave why doesn't

Jun 12, 2012, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Give me a break... ]

the BOT or the President come out and FIRMLY say we aren't looking to leave...just say it...IF it's hurting recruiting and the football program like Dabo says it is...and I believe you would believe him that it's hurting his program...why would you let it linger? Why? If you are staying you just come out and say it and it's put to rest.

Like I said...

Jun 12, 2012, 11:04 PM

it still won't convince some of you. Absolutely nothing anybody can say will convince some of you that Clemson isn't leaving, or interested in leaving, the ACC because that's what you want.

I'm asking a question from the viewpoint of Dabo's comments

Jun 12, 2012, 11:06 PM

today...he says the rumors are hurting his football program....NO ONE in a position of authority at Clemson has come out recently and said.....WE AREN'T INTERESTED....WE AREN'T MOVING...WE ARE 100% COMMITTED TO THE ACC

If the rumors are hurting his program and he's got recruits telling him they aren't coming because of this or they are wavering wouldn't you want to end the rumors?

You wouldn't believe it...

Jun 12, 2012, 11:17 PM

if somebody DID come out and say that. There are some of you that INSIST Clemson can't win in the ACC and HAS to go to another conference. Chairman Wilkins said Clemson has not been in any contact with any other conference yet that isn't good enough for you.

Re: You wouldn't believe it...

Jun 12, 2012, 11:22 PM

You think you know me huh....miami's AD came out with a atatement or loyalty...if and when one of our leaders does I'll believe it...you forgot to mention Wilkins statement of they would listen to any offers from other conferences

Re: Like I said...

Jun 12, 2012, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Like I said... ]

Answer the question baseball....why hasn't a CU official made a statement of loyalty to the ACC if there isn't something going on?

He won't answer the question...he talks around it

Jun 13, 2012, 6:23 AM

like always...he's played this game for 10 yrs

I don't remember Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, or Okla St

Jun 13, 2012, 1:01 AM [ in reply to if you're aren't looking to leave though you come out and ]

Coming out and firmly saying they were staying in the Big 12 when rumors of them going to the Pac 12 or ACC and the Big 12 collapsing was going on and those guys never left. Even if they were at one point looking to leave, they obviously decided at some point to stay but never said it publicly. You could come out and firmly say you're not leaving, but not saying it doesn't mean you're are.

Re: I don't remember Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, or Okla St

Jun 13, 2012, 7:21 AM

Did any of their coaches at the time complain that their recruiting was hurting because of the rumors?

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic