Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deshaun Watson getting hit/sacked the most
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Deshaun Watson getting hit/sacked the most

Sep 20, 2019, 9:09 AM

10 sacks already this season. 62 sacks last year. 182 hits/sacks since joining the league. That's a good bit more than the next closest - Lamar Jackson & Cam Newton. How's he going to last if Houston doesn't get some protection for him? Averaging 3.5 sacks per game & facing one of the best pass rushing teams this weekend - the Chargers, so, more to come & soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's not going to last. Hopefully he makes it another year.

Sep 20, 2019, 9:12 AM

once you tear up a shoulder your never the same. If the front office doesn't understand how to get offensive lineman and make it a point of value then your qb is on his own.

He has to learn to get rid of the ball quicker.

Sep 20, 2019, 9:29 AM

I know it goes against his instincts, and one of his strengths is his ability to extend plays, but if he doesn't learn to make his reads and get rid of the ball, he's going to have a relatively short career.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Yeah, a quarter to a third of his sacks come from holding

Sep 20, 2019, 11:45 AM

onto the ball too long

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to notice on those plays that no one is even

Sep 20, 2019, 11:56 AM

close to making a move in their route. I tend to think the same as you (that deshaun is being indecisive) but half the time guys still have their backs turned and not close to turning around. I guess they aren't much for intermediate/quick routes over their in Houston. I assume its b/c the RB is having to block and not go out and provide a check down. But I think they call their offense as if they have a New England PAtriots offensive line. Newsflash YOU don't... Give Deshaun some quick routes that he can get rid of the ball. Watch this week. You'll see the REcievers all go 15 yards down the field and no one is giving him a quick read. By then he's either had to scramble to get away from a sack or he's on the ground b/c that line gets pushed back so quick.

I think sometimes our eyes are being tricked that he is

Sep 20, 2019, 12:11 PM

holding on to the ball too long, as the defense is all over him the instant he gets the ball. As you said, his receivers haven't even made their breaks yet, so what is he supposed to do, unless he throws it away on every play and then watches them punt on every possession?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i mean... i know those coaches know way more about football

Sep 20, 2019, 1:20 PM

than i ever will but....it seems pretty cut and dry that if you don't have more that 2.5 seconds to locate and throw that maybe you offer a check down or a 5 yard turnaround route somewhere. Every passing play for that team should offer a bailout route.

They said in the Texans first game that DW calls his own

Sep 20, 2019, 1:49 PM

blocking schemes from the LOS. Is it possible that he's not good at that? There were guys coming through completely unblocked against the Saints. Maybe they weren't accounted for by DW...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic