Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How much will Tua be limping tomorrow?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

How much will Tua be limping tomorrow?

Nov 8, 2019, 11:25 AM

If bama is losing tomorrow, will Tua's limp get worse as the game goes along?

Teams don't think twice about faking an injury to slow down a fast tempo offense.

In fact, they seem to signal it in from the sideline.

Would he exaggerate the limp to make sure the committee remembers that he is playing hurt?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How much will Tua be limping tomorrow?

Nov 8, 2019, 11:31 AM

Interesting question... I am almost thinking that they might start the backup and then see where there are by the 2nd.

... if it they were Jawja, just put in the backup.

Nov 8, 2019, 11:40 AM

Zero.

It was minor surgery and the docs will have that area numbed up good doing the game. He won't feel a thing.

Nov 8, 2019, 11:42 AM

I read your subject and immediately thought: ‘before’ or AFTER the game. There is no doubt in my modern military mind that the LSU defenders will be going after that ankle.

Although he made some questionable comments after we beat them last year, I don’t see him as someone who would do this, but we shall see, eh?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 8, 2019, 11:43 AM

He will look great until lsu takes a 14 pt lead...

Late in the 4th, if they are losing, he will go all Kirk

Nov 8, 2019, 11:47 AM

Gibson

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very little***

Nov 18, 2015, 1:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 11:49 AM

Not nearly as much as he will after the championship game with the Tigers. IF they make it that far.

Nov 8, 2019, 11:58 AM

Sources state Tua looks 100% healthy and is expected to have no difference in play unless he takes a direct shot to that ankle

Nov 8, 2019, 12:20 PM

That's not what I was reading. One ESPN reporter said he doesn't have the bounce in his step that he normally does.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2019, 12:56 PM

One of the doctors familiar with the procedure said he would be more concerned with the "wound" than the stability of the ankle. The incision still has to haver some tenderness and it seems like the tendons would still be a little sore.

And this is the perpetuating story to get a pass...

Nov 8, 2019, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: How much will Tua be limping tomorrow? ]

The EsecPN ######## are doing their best to protect their conference, This is the best example of it and I sure hope folks see it for what it is. F the sec!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on when he throws his first INT.

Nov 8, 2019, 12:03 PM

I imagine it will start getting worse from there.. I'm sure they're tired..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Nov 8, 2019, 12:15 PM

They could go with a bloody sock to visually emphasize the injury.

Nov 8, 2019, 1:00 PM

Tua will be fine passing the ball. The problem will be in the play calling and when he has to escape pressure running. Alabama has about 5 or 6 designed QB run play calls for Tua every game. Not counting the 6 or 7 times a game he runs out of the pocket to avoid pressure or because his receivers are not open, giving his receivers that extra 2 seconds to get open. He completes a lot of passes this way. Kind of like playground/backyard football. The receivers just run around until they get open. Alabama can do this against 80% of their opponents,BUT, when they run up against a top team they don't have that luxury.

Tua is not a speed burner anyways, like a Jaylen Hurts form example. He isn't slow by any means, but has average QB speed. So, if he is hampered running the ball it will hurt Bama. They will be limited offensively.

Nov 8, 2019, 3:56 PM

If he's a step slower or can't out maneuver the lsu defense, the refs will not be allowed to call holding on the bama o linemen. Problem solved.

Dude - are you here to perpetuate the sec/espn motive?

Nov 8, 2019, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: How much will Tua be limping tomorrow? ]

You sure sound like you are. Play the game with the folks you got and move on. Quit making excuses before the game is played and quit providing excuses for why one team didn't win. Total ####### ########.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude - are you here to perpetuate the sec/espn motive?

Nov 8, 2019, 11:31 PM

Chill, bro.

You're talking to a Tiger fan. He is NOT part of the problem

Nov 8, 2019, 4:05 PM

I don't know how much Tua will limp but Alabama's plan will call for him to get rid of the ball quicker than normal, especially at the beginning. Lot's of slants and passes behind the line of scrimmage.

LSU's defenders will make sure his durability is tested.

If Tua is hampered much, LSU has a really good chance to win because their offense should put up a lot of points.

Nov 8, 2019, 10:02 AM

Practice footage earlier in the week showed him moving stiffly, as you would expect.

Problem is, everybody used the word "Fine" to describe his condition and mobility. He wasn't fine.

He reminded me of the well-intentioned but ill-fated miracle of Kelly Bryant in the Carrier Dome. I'm sure Saban will pull Tua's string quicker than Dabo did Kelly's if it becomes obvious he is not capable of playing at a high level.

Nov 8, 2019, 7:45 PM

Enough to be an excuse if they lose, and more than enough to make them miss Jalen Hurts more than they already do.

Nov 8, 2019, 8:09 PM

I hope he is crawling off the field when LSU gets through with him just like Clemson did to him last season....... no sympathy here for that little poor sport cry baby.......Trevor will always be your big brother little man......Go Tigers!!!!!

Use this simple math formula:

Nov 9, 2019, 9:37 AM

L = 1 / Le

L = Limp
Le = Bama's Lead. Le can only be positive or 0.

So, if Bama is up by, let's say 7, 1/7 is almost no limp.
IF game is tied, or Bama is DOWN, Le becomes 0, and 1/0 is undefined. But, in math, 1 divided by very small numbers still GREATER than zero turns into a HUGE number. In other words, he puts on an Academy Award winning limp performance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Use this simple math formula:

Nov 9, 2019, 9:56 AM

Just stop it. Stop it I say. Too early for that chit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic