Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
YouTube tvers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

YouTube tvers

Aug 6, 2019, 11:50 PM

What device is best to watch? Heard roku charges over 2 devices and fire stick has had a fight with Google. Chromecast has no remote.

What's the best for.a whole household?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I use apple TV

Aug 7, 2019, 12:02 AM

Mostly b/c I have apple everything else and it's easy to pull stuff up on the TV from my phone or laptop, if I wish. With the 4k Apple TV, the picture quality with YoutubeTv is outstanding, and never lags.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just like watching on my laptop!***

Aug 7, 2019, 5:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YouTube tvers

Aug 7, 2019, 5:59 AM

We have three Roku boxes at our house logged in on the same account. I don’t recall paying an extra fee for the third box. I have no issues with the Roku. Two are the model you can hardwire to the network, and the other is wifi only. Either way the streaming is consistent unless the internet itself is getting bogged down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have two Roku sticks.

Aug 7, 2019, 12:55 PM

The only cost was the initial purchase. Both support 4K streaming, have voice remotes and are WiFi. The only issue, when the power blinks out like it did twice this morning while watching the morning news or if Spectrum decides to go down for no reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 7, 2019, 6:29 AM

xtiger said:

What device is best to watch? Heard roku charges over 2 devices and fire stick has had a fight with Google. Chromecast has no remote.

What's the best for.a whole household?

Not sure what you mean by "Roku charges over 2 devices" because Roku doesn't charge anything to use their box. I have 5 Roku boxes that stream PS Vue and a bunch of other stuff as well (Netflix, Amazon Prime etc...). Once you buy a Roku box, you own it and the Roku company does not charge you to use it.

Youtube TV may put limits or additional charges for simultaneous streams (don't know as I opted for PS Vue instead of Youtube TV) but unless you are buying an on demand movie or other pay service, Roku isn't going to charge you a thing regardless of the number of Roku boxes you have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 7:05 AM

I have 3 Roku's that use YouTubeTV with no issues, I think YouTubeTV limits the number of devices that can actively stream at the same time. I also use it on my phone. It's great. I'm still waiting to hear when they are going to add the ACCN, it doesn't seem like the uproar that was done 5 years ago when the SECN launched.

Aug 7, 2019, 7:13 AM

I think that's the confusion about 2 Roku's. Their site indicates that they only allow 2 tv's to stream at the same time. Not sure for those with 5 Roku's as to whether or not this is a real limitation.

As for me, I am preparing to cancel my Directv and go with either HuluLive, PS Vue, or YoutubeTV, and have already bought 1 Roku Premiere + device and set it up and tested it to see how I like it. I will buy the 2nd Roku later this week when more are available at my local store. There are only 2 of us in our house, so if a 2 streaming tv limitation exists, then it's not really a problem for me. I hope to choose YouTubeTV, but really want to access the ACCN, so will probably use a trial with HuluTV for our first game.

YouTube announced last night they’re gonna pick it up

Aug 7, 2019, 7:37 AM

https://twitter.com/youtubetv/status/1158899853486747648?s=21

Aug 7, 2019, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: YouTube tvers ]

I am a Hulu Live subscribers. I am limited (with the basic service) to two simultaneous streams. Since I am happily single, this is not an issue in my house. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 7, 2019, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: YouTube tvers ]

YT limits are 3 accounts / 6 simultaneous streams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Aug 7, 2019, 7:24 AM

I believe it is the other way around. 6 accounts and 3 streams simultaneously.

You're correct, TP28.

Aug 7, 2019, 7:32 AM

My mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: You're correct, TP28.

Aug 7, 2019, 12:58 PM

So what does that mean. It’s the two of us but have 3 TVs and if mom is down it’s possible all 3 would be running at the same time.
Now at the lake there are 4 TVs with the possibility of 3 running at the sane time. The fourth tv at the lake is for putting TVs outside to watch football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 7, 2019, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: YouTube tvers ]

I'm still waiting to hear when they are going to add the ACCN, it doesn't seem like the uproar that was done 5 years ago when the SECN launched.

That doesn't change the fact that both SEC division champs were embarrassed in their bowl games. Don't bring that crap about your overrated conference over here.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 12:50 PM

WOW! Salty are we living rent free in your head!!! I try to offer advice and this is what I get.

Aug 7, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: YouTube tvers ]

YouTube announced yesterday that they are carrying accn

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 7, 2019, 7:23 AM

If you have the luxury of upgrading your TV, you can find smart TVs that have YoutubeTV built in. This way, you can simply use your TV remote to navigate to YoutubeTV. If this is not a possibility, I think the Apple TV is the best way to go. They are smooth and easy to navigate; plus if you have an iPhone, you can keep your appliances in the same ball park of Apple.

Roku Ultra is the best

Aug 7, 2019, 7:26 AM

I've tried several other devices. You can use its remote for everything--even turning your TV on and off. Also, it just works better than the sticks.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 7, 2019, 7:29 AM

I have 5 Roku devices and no charges based on that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’ve used the YouTubeTV app on my Samsung smart TV

Aug 7, 2019, 7:38 AM

Also used AppleTV and my iPad. All work great IMO

Aug 7, 2019, 7:41 AM

I’ve had youtubetv for over a year. I use a rokutv and it has worked perfectly

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a Roku premiere+ upstairs and a TCL roku TV downstairs

Aug 7, 2019, 7:44 AM

Both have been great. I did have some problems with the roku/fire sticks before that though. They seemed to have hardware limitations and didn't stream live sports well for me.

Depending on your needs....

Aug 7, 2019, 9:28 AM

Get either Roku Ultra boxes in situations where you want to plug ethernet directly into box or Roku Streaming Stick+ for WiFi connection.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic