Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is fill "The Hill" a DRad, Fire Marshall or someone else
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Is fill "The Hill" a DRad, Fire Marshall or someone else

Jan 15, 2019, 10:25 AM

It has been a while since the fill The Hill issue began. What is the cause of this problem? seriously , does anyone really know?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The fence around the Hill is immoral

Jan 15, 2019, 10:28 AM

so the students are protesting by not attending games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is fill "The Hill" a DRad, Fire Marshall or someone else

Jan 15, 2019, 10:31 AM

Its Drad. Part of his plans to push for more revenue by putting pressure on stadium seating arrangements.

Define your question.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:45 AM

Fill the hill?

If you mean it is empty at kick off.. that is all on lazy students who refuse to get to the game early.

If you mean it is only half full in the 1st qrt of crap games?
That is all on self entiled students who refuse to go to lesser games.

If you mean the hill is only 90%full in the 1st qrt of big games then that is likely on Drad. They limit the total amount of hill tickets now.

If you mean the hill is empty in the 4th qrt? That is on ungrateful students who would rather leave to get drizzunk ...and on dead for not letting people move down to the hill late in the game.

As always, non grads ,non iptays , and fraties are slightly responsible for everything that is not cool.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Define your question.

Jan 15, 2019, 5:18 PM

Yes referring to it not being full at kickoff.

Jan 15, 2019, 5:02 PM

I took this thread and asked some people I know who are still students at Clemson, here is what they said:

The electronic ticketing situation has become so strict that students no longer want to go through the trouble of sitting on the hill. Instead of tradition tickets and "first come first serve" seating in the hill like it used to be, now students have to wear an RFID wristband which gets scanned before they go onto the hill. There are specific gates for students who buy general admission tickets (they walk in like everyone else), student section tickets (specific gate with strict security and metal detectors), and a specific gate which they have to enter for the hill (which has even more security, including patdowns and such).

Security counts everyone who enters the hill and keeps track of them. Its stricter than an airport security line, and often the hassle is so significant and the ability to sit with their friend groups too difficult when navigating Hill security, that most students either try to buy student section tickets with lighter security, or they buy general admission tickets with almost no security checks. The students who do this come in through a non-student entrance, and then walk across the bleachers to join their friends in the student section.

The Hill doesnt fill up because DRads uber-anal security procedures and ticketing procedures make students say "screw it" and avoid sitting on the hill. They follow the path of least resistance and they avoid sitting on the hill. Why sit on the Hill and have to deal with all that security BS when they can just walk in through a normal fan entrance with almost no security and hijack a seat in the student section and sit with the people they want to sit with?

So yes, the Empty Hill issue is 100% DRad's fault. He needs to drop all the ultra tight security and student ticketing policies and revert it back to the way it was. He has over complicated the whole system to the detriment of the student experience and our image. But, thats DRad's MO so what do you expect?

Jan 15, 2019, 5:21 PM

Thanks for your reply.

Jan 15, 2019, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Is fill "The Hill" a DRad, Fire Marshall or someone else ]

Well...whatever the reason...it needs to be fixed immediately...it’s sad, embarrassing, and not a good look Iah!!! I’d rather have bleacher seating on the Hill and sell them as season tickets and leave the path that the football players run down as the only grass as opposed to seeing green grass on the hill during games!!!

The Hill is a liability for the school, there is no doubt, but it always has been...either let it be like it’s always been and suck up the liability part or install seats on it and sell them...this watered down version of The Hil that they have created is the absolute worse choice of all the above in my humble opinion!!!

Jan 15, 2019, 5:43 PM

One hour before kickoff, sell the available tickets to the hill to first come, first served. The only people that will inconvenience are lazy students and ticket scalpers, both outside the stadium and online, who I do care about anyway. I hope they choke on overpriced tickets.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic