Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Decided to take my son to his first Clemson game this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 2,847

Decided to take my son to his first Clemson game this year.

Jul 12, 2012, 10:35 PM

Decided on the Auburn game but never been to the Ga. Dome. Is it safe for my six year old?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never been but

Jul 12, 2012, 10:50 PM

my brother-in-law has Falcons season tickets and has mentioned great tailgating and family fun. It sounds to me that all of the people I know that go there claim that security is great and that no problems have been witnessed. I hope this eases your worries. I very exited for you. I took my five year old son last year for the first time to the valley and he had a blast. Going back this year with the 5 and 3 year old. In a couple of years my baby girl will joint the fun... GO TIGERS!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dome is good, but he'll love the valley better (as we all).***

Jul 12, 2012, 10:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Decided to take my son to his first Clemson game this year.

Jul 12, 2012, 10:56 PM

I'm originally from Greenville, SC and I've lived in Atl for 9 years. I've been to Ga Dome many times. Y'all will be fine. There's security and always a strong Police presence. Have fun and Go Tigers!!!!

Jul 12, 2012, 11:01 PM

Certainly. I took my son when he was six to the Alabama game at the Dome. We stayed in near Doraville and rode the Marta in. I think he enjoyed the train ride more than the game (come to think of it, me too considering the outcome). We're going to pick it up in Chamblee this year. The garages and lots are well lit and you get out very close to the stadium on the trip in. I think it runs until 1:00 am. Hope you guys have fun.

Sure...their fans are very polite overall & respect us as...

Jul 12, 2012, 11:08 PM

their little brothers since our history in football is all because of them, their coach John HEisman, name Tigers, mascot animal, fight song "Tiger Rag" as well as colors.

Beat 'em and you won't have to worry at all. Ha!

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure...their fans are very polite overall & respect us as...

Jul 12, 2012, 11:14 PM

### are you talking about??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure...their fans are very polite overall & respect us as...

Jul 13, 2012, 8:18 AM

Auburn fans are Great!!! They treated us better than I could have ask for and we didn't pay for drinks they kept them coming. best road trip i've been on.

As an Atlanta native and Clemson student,

Jul 12, 2012, 11:11 PM

I can tell you that the Ga dome is a terrible place to see a football game. Okay well maybe not terrible, but the atmosphere is lousy. Indoor games are no fun. I guess it will be a little different since its such a big game. Just make sure you get him to Death Valley at some point so he can appreciate a "real" game ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As an Atlanta native and Clemson student,

Jul 13, 2012, 8:36 AM

You're crazy. All the Clemson games I've been to the atmosphere has been great. And the PHI/ATL MNF game last year was ROCKING.

If my first Clemson game was in that dome, I'd never have

Jul 12, 2012, 11:24 PM

forgiven my father.
Great intentions, and I applaud the idea, but both Ball St and Furman would be better first experience imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 12, 2012, 11:38 PM

As far as your question about safety, security. I think you will be fine. I agree with everyone about his son needs to experience a game at Death Valley, but there is guaranteed climate, 70s and dry.

Jul 13, 2012, 12:53 AM

Atlanta or Ga Dome? Ga Dome will be fine. If you are not familiar with Atlanta, it can be a nightmare. I've taken my kids to many braves games when they were younger than that, but just about any part of downtown Atlanta is nerve racking with children after dark. Just do some homework on where you're doing before and after the game and you'll be fine. I would not suggest winging it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Georgia Dome is a wonderful place to see a game

Jul 13, 2012, 1:12 AM

Obviously Death Valley is the best venue, but the Georgia Dome is also a great place to see a game. I've been to 3 Clemson games there and the atmosphere was always amazing. It's actually pretty loud inside and there isn't a bad seat anywhere. As far as safety issues, I never noticed any problems, other than the general concern of being in downtown Atlanta. Hope all goes well.

Go Tigers!

Is there a good place outside of ATL to pick up the Marta?***

Jul 13, 2012, 1:38 AM

Coming in from which side?

Jul 13, 2012, 7:40 AM

There are 2-3 good spots on the Clemson side of Atlanta. We generally got on at Doraville, because it meant less driving into the city.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This ^^^^***

Jul 13, 2012, 8:03 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Clemson side of Atl***

Jul 13, 2012, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Coming in from which side? ]

Yes. Get on the MARTA somewhere EAST of the Dome. After

Jul 13, 2012, 8:01 AM [ in reply to Is there a good place outside of ATL to pick up the Marta?*** ]

the game, walk over to the east-west station that is WEST of the stadium. When the east train hits the station that everyone is waiting at, you will alread be on (BIG line). And you don't have to swap to a north-south either, which is nice as well. Worked great for me after the Alabama whipping.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From the west off I-20 has a park and ride

Jul 13, 2012, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Is there a good place outside of ATL to pick up the Marta?*** ]

I come from the Birmingham side and use the park and ride at the H E Holmes station. Easy access to I-20 just inside the I-285 perimeter. Never had any problems.

Took my son when he was 8 to the Ga Dome

Jul 13, 2012, 7:05 AM

against Tennessee in 2004. We had a great time that day and no problems.

Came face-to-face with Philip Fulmer before the game and told him his boys were going down tonight. No response, just gave me an eat !@#% look and kept on walking. lol

absolutely...taken our 7 yr old to many Falcons games***

Jul 13, 2012, 9:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks guys for the responses.***

Jul 13, 2012, 12:32 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 2,847
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic