Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Death Valley

Feb 7, 2019, 4:38 PM

Needs a upgrade for the three time National Champions. It's time to build a facade around the outside of the upper and lower decks to make the outside look as good as the inside. Also need giant replay screens added around the stadium. And finally more Tiger Paws on display inside the stadium.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The outside looks fine to me.***

Feb 7, 2019, 4:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The outside looks fine to me.***

Feb 7, 2019, 5:23 PM

Lets get a bigger back hoe , Elephants are hard to bury .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The outside looks fine to me.***

Feb 7, 2019, 7:14 PM

Somebody say ho?

Re: Death Valley

Feb 7, 2019, 4:58 PM

Hill scoreboard could definitely use an upgrade. Sound system as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Death Valley

Feb 7, 2019, 5:09 PM

As long as the sound comes only from the scoreboard area it isnt going to get any better

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agreed.... It's time for some upgrades. I always like

Feb 7, 2019, 5:12 PM

to see some improvement..perhaps some more seating in the East End Zone. Definitely a larger video board over in the EZ. Let me add by saying what I like to see in the EZ will NOT involve messing with The Hill.

Upper Deck concourses needs some updating and improvements too.

Re: I agreed.... It's time for some upgrades. I always like

Feb 7, 2019, 5:20 PM

I'd love to see a second deck in the East Endzone behind the Hill. Close the road on that side of the stadium except for buses bringing players around on game day. Also build some mid-level open air seating that serves food. A true jumbo screen on both ends of the stadium.

Can't and don't need to close Williamson Road, it is too

Feb 7, 2019, 6:55 PM

much of a campus access roadway, especially for off campus students and their parking lot access during classes.

An upper deck in the east end zone has already been mentioned by Dabo. There have been some fans complaining about how it would block the view of the buses pulling up to the hill. The only fans with a decent view of the buses are those in the last section or two on the eastern side of the south and north stands, and it only lasts for about 5 seconds.

That said, I was really disappointed in the West End zone project a decade ago. There was a model in the Clemson House lobby in the mid 80's of a horse-shoe design for the west end zone, connecting the North and South Stands upper and lower decks. It would have looked like Ohio State's current horse-shoe design and raised the capacity to 91,000. The game-day problem this upper deck design would have solved is the sun issue that affects many of our afternoon games. The west end zone upper deck would eliminate the problems with the lower angle direct sunlight affecting both QB and WR's ability to see the ball due to looking almost directly into the sun in October/early November 3:30 p.m games. The majority of the Power Five stadiums have their fields running north and south, instead of east and west.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do not think we will ever see an expansion of seats. I have

Feb 7, 2019, 6:01 PM

read numerous articles where Athletic Directors are concerned about the future of college football. Their main gist is that miliniams are so much into social media that they will adapt an attitude of “why pay the big bucks to IPTAY for ticket priority, and also the cost of tickets, when I can eventually watch all games from my phone.?” I can see that happening. I have had the same seats since 1966 and I pay IPTAY lots of $$$ just so I can keep my parking space, but, I do not think any of my kids will be able to afford to do this. Though an enclosed East End Zone would look fantastic, I don’t think we could get the bang for the bucks.

Re: Do not think we will ever see an expansion of seats. I have

Feb 7, 2019, 6:43 PM

You know you made a good point. I never crossed my mind. For the longest I wanted to see a Death Valley seating capacity of 85,000 to 90,000 but I realize that Clemson is a fairly small school compared to others and properly will have a hard time filling the stadium to that level.

My upgrades is mostly cosmetic.....making Death Valley even a better place to attend a football game.

#### millennials properly will ruin a lot what our pervious generations cherished. lol

Re: Do not think we will ever see an expansion of seats. I have

Feb 7, 2019, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Do not think we will ever see an expansion of seats. I have ]

Ever is a very long time, and with our student body numbers increasing rapidly - you never know. I remember when our 50,000th graduate occured and our 100,000th occuewd much much faster than the first 50,000.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

if current policies are going to result in half empty hill,,

Feb 7, 2019, 6:47 PM

each week, then wrap more actual seats around each edge, leaving a corridor just wide enough for the run don the hill

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if current policies are going to result in half empty hill,,

Feb 7, 2019, 7:30 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic