Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Death Valley

Sep 13, 2018, 5:13 PM

Having now been to so many stadiums around the country in the past few years, I feel it's time for some improvements in Death Valley. I'm not suggesting throwing a half a billion at it the way A&M did (though their results are definitely first class). It is time to invest a few million for some upgrades. Things that come to mind are new scoreboard (keep the tail), new videotron, add escalators, enclose the sides, etc. I realize this would take away seats but since it's rarely jammed full anyway - bucket seats might be a nice improvement. Add wi-fi strong enough for 50-60,000 users. I'm sure there are a lot more things....

I don't mean for this to be controversial or to even argue over the specifics I listed. They are just ideas. The fact is at most schools football attendance is down and dropping. We haven't experienced that but our rankings have kept our attendance up. We do have to look to the future though and make sure our stadium has the right things to keep folks coming back.

It just needs some all around sprucing up to give it a more current feel.

Message was edited by: CaliforniaTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a reason why they are called "stands"...

Sep 13, 2018, 5:14 PM

...what need to you have for bucket seats?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There's a reason why they are called "stands"...

Sep 13, 2018, 5:20 PM

Just tossing out ideas....nothing more....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I need my baby here by me...

Sep 13, 2018, 5:53 PM [ in reply to There's a reason why they are called "stands"... ]

https://g.co/kgs/zYVZZ4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Rising ticket prices justify a decent seat.

Sep 13, 2018, 8:31 PM [ in reply to There's a reason why they are called "stands"... ]

There is something to be said for a nice seat, that isn't going to be reduced by a fat person on either side of you. Arm rests with drink holders are nice too, since spilled sodas from the person a row or two above you aren't exactly fun either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Death Valley

Sep 13, 2018, 5:17 PM

Wifi? They've already got signal boosters and I've noticed a huge increase in signal this season.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2018, 5:17 PM

Plus, why would we want every single person on wifi the whole game. If you want to do that, stay home.

Sep 13, 2018, 5:22 PM

Well several schools have put in enhanced wi-fi systems to encourage especially younger people to come to the games. If you're asking me personally, I don't understand it but there are people who study these things so I'm just going off that. I believe Mississippi State just did it.

Full size statues of...

Sep 13, 2018, 5:22 PM

John Heisman
Frank Howard
Danny Ford

AND DABO & DW4***

Sep 13, 2018, 5:28 PM

Re: AND DABO & DW4***

Sep 13, 2018, 5:31 PM

And Steve Fuller and Homer Jordan.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and William Perry***

Sep 13, 2018, 5:39 PM

and hawt cheerleaders***

Sep 13, 2018, 5:40 PM

Re: Full size statues of...

Sep 13, 2018, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Full size statues of... ]

Add Jess Neely, a HOF coach who took us to our first bowl game. Dabo would be added obviously.

Go Tigers ??!!

Needs some pressure washing.***

Sep 13, 2018, 5:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

DV will get one this weekend.

Sep 13, 2018, 6:15 PM

Also a weekend like this is exactly why the oculus was built, just in case the GPS gets knocked out.

Bet A&M didn't think of this first.

Sep 13, 2018, 6:00 PM

I agree with the scoreboard and videotron.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Sep 13, 2018, 8:28 PM

After seeing UT austin and Kyle field dv needs modernized a tad. If best is standard we need to step up on our most prized athletic structure.

I agree. We're a top football program and a great school.

Sep 13, 2018, 8:35 PM

Our stadium should look and feel a bit more polished. It's not bad now, but it isn't super impressive either. I agree with new scoreboard, new video screens, and bucket seats. Changing the seating would reduce capacity a lot, so it might mean adding additional seating to compensate for larger seats. I'd be for it though.

I would also like to see more variety in food options. Nothing wrong with popcorn, hot dogs, and fries, but I think it would be fun to have more area restaurants have setups in the concession area to offer a wider variety including some healthier, higher quality options.

I think football will always be popular at Clemson, but with all of the games on TV in HD, ticket prices going up quickly, and more interests and distractions to potentially keep people from going to games, upgrades are needed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I agree. We're a top football program and a great school.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:10 PM

We have played in numerous nfl stadiums with chair back seating and the atmosphere is fine. I’m not sure why so many don’t like the idea. Heck half the stadium is rented seat backs anyway. I totally agree for $60-$100 per seat we need a new scoreboard, chair backs, updated concourses and local restaurants serving bbq etc.

Sep 14, 2018, 8:03 AM

Be careful what you wish for because if all these additions are made, our $60-$100 tickets will morph into $100-$150 tickets.

Sep 13, 2018, 9:18 PM [ in reply to I agree. We're a top football program and a great school. ]

I hear you. But don't worry, your Georgia Southern experience will raise your revenue for at least this this week. After this week your on your own. Go Eagles!

Not a thing wrong with DV.

Sep 13, 2018, 8:37 PM

WAYYYY too much complaining going on lately.

We certainly don't want to adopt aTms seating model. They

Sep 13, 2018, 9:29 PM

have to be 25% narrower than Clemson. That's how they get 105 in that stadium. Sardine protocol.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We certainly don't want to adopt aTms seating model. They

Sep 13, 2018, 10:27 PM

They can fit a Twelfth Man on a row made for 8 .

DB23

Sep 13, 2018, 10:26 PM

Paint all concrete Orange .

Orange Orange and more Orange ! If it was totally orange inside it would always look sold out … duhhhh.

DB23

Sep 13, 2018, 10:33 PM

Shxt attitude and I object!

Heck No. I don't want fold down seats making it harder to

Sep 14, 2018, 8:00 AM

get in and out......

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive