Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Still another ESPN gripe
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Still another ESPN gripe

Nov 14, 2018, 11:05 AM

Does anyone else get infuriated with what ESPN does in between plays during a football game?
They lock in on some closeup of a coach or player on the sideline or someone in the stands
or maybe show a promo for another game. And it continues for far too long.

They refuse get the camera back onto field until the ball is just about to be snapped or often
until it has already been snapped. And it seems to be getting worse with more teams using an
uptempo offense.

When I'm watching a game, I like to see how both teams line up and if the LB's and DB's are
creeping up or sitting back.
I also like to see when the offense shifts or sends someone in motion how does the defense react.
I don't need to see a closeup of someone's face on the sideline.

Just show the football game!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still another ESPN gripe

Nov 14, 2018, 11:15 AM

It's strange you mention that because I thought I was the only one who had a problem with it. They really go overboard with non-football items. Like you, I like to focus on the pattern of the game. The tempo is a crucial part of today's game. Exception: Veterans and local charity heroes.

Try the Skycam view on ESPN3 sometime

Nov 14, 2018, 11:15 AM

No commentary, only crowd noise and the PA announcer. Closest thing to being there.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Try the Skycam view on ESPN3 sometime

Nov 14, 2018, 11:25 AM

Amen! ESPN3 is your best friend here. I watch a lot of games here. It’s amazing.

David, good call. Thanks for the reminder***

Nov 14, 2018, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Try the Skycam view on ESPN3 sometime ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Nov 14, 2018, 11:16 AM

It's strange you mention that because I thought I was the only one who had a problem with it. They really go overboard with non-football items. Like you, I like to focus on the pattern of the game. The tempo is a crucial part of today's game. Exception: Veterans and local charity heroes.

Nov 14, 2018, 11:17 AM

Personally I think the networks do a great job of presenting the games. I’m grateful that ALL out games are televised although I attend just about everyone and see them live. I can remember when a televised game once a year was something special for us Tigers.

Totally Agree***

Nov 14, 2018, 11:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not just ESPN but it pi$$es me off when...

Nov 14, 2018, 11:34 AM

....there's some controversy on a play and they have their cameras zeroed on on the zebras when who are just standing there conversing when they should immediately show us the replay, slow replay and zoom replay. Unless you read lips showing the refs does nothing to help us understand what they did not did not see.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not just ESPN but it pi$$es me off when...

Nov 14, 2018, 12:18 PM

All of the above. I’m guessing ESECPN had to fire the professionals because of the financial stress caused by overpaying for various broadcast rights. The pros were replaced with inexperienced and inferior rookies that they don’t have to pay as much and the rookies routinely jack up the broadcast.

Unless Ron Cherry is on the crew for a good laugh.***

Nov 14, 2018, 12:28 PM [ in reply to Not just ESPN but it pi$$es me off when... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 12:19 PM

our defense, especially the front 7, do the exact same thing. Sometime I am amazed that they get in their stance before the ball is snapped.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 12:24 PM

Agree 100%. One shot of the guy with the book was enough but they had to keep going back to it. And that’s the tip of the iceberg. So frustrating.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't bother me.***

Nov 14, 2018, 12:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 12:47 PM

THey never cover the event it is always about what is coming next w them. And OMG the nonstop Lakers carp is as old as political ads now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2018, 1:09 PM

I also get infuriated when they ramble away from game related commentary into mindless bable and then something important happens, like a penalty, and they just talk right through it with no clarification of what just happened.

It infuriates me. Penalties are of no concern, they don't

Nov 14, 2018, 1:10 PM

report them. You have to wait to see the teams move forward or backwards to know who it was on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic