Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David Hood is upset and I agree!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

David Hood is upset and I agree!

Apr 27, 2019, 9:36 PM

https://twitter.com/mdavidhood/status/1122267885504749568?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is atrocious to say the least. He deserves

Apr 27, 2019, 9:42 PM

A third round choice at the least! I'm sure he'll still get signed and he will blow their doors off but the same type thing happened to Stacey Seegars years ago. He was all world at Clemson and drafted but then cut early by the Cowboys but they blamed the rushing offense we ran back then.
This occurrence with Hyatt makes zero sense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David Hood is upset and I agree!

Apr 27, 2019, 9:50 PM

Let’s see what happens. I say Mitch has a career. May not be the start that it should be, but this cat is special. We all know that. That’s all that matters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 9:53 PM

If he has a solid NFL career than the NFL teams were wrong. If not then they were right. I bet he has a good career. Time will tell.

Apr 27, 2019, 11:40 PM

It blows my mind, Tre Lamar did too, but Mitch Hyatt? Why should he be short on getting paid when he deserves more. What more could he have done at Clemson to make them draft him. I think they are looking at the cover rather than the results of how he studies his competition an is always ready to complete and win.

I bet Dabo was shocked as well. I hope this drives him to get paid for a long time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 27, 2019, 10:03 PM

Is he upset or did he simply make a statement? I think Mitch will be a solid backup for a team. I'm not sure he will ever be an NFL starter ( I will be happy to be wrong).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2019, 10:16 PM

A career long backup would be nice. Maybe he can go 10 years and leave wealthy and healthy.

Charlie Whitehurst showed the way.

Apr 27, 2019, 10:25 PM

Not a bad life at all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I believe this is the correct take

Apr 27, 2019, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: David Hood is upset and I agree! ]

Didn’t expect him to be a high draft pick but I did expect him to get drafted so that was surprising. He will never be a “wow” guy in the NFL but can for sure be someone that is continually solid when called upon. There’s certainly a place for those guys in the league.

Apr 28, 2019, 12:24 AM

It’s such a spectacle, all of this. You can have 4 years, 50+ games worth of film, 10 rings on your fingers and a resume battling across 8+ current NFL players and still be relegated to the opinions of others and simplified by metrics related to your hand size and bench press. It infuriates me.

Mitch’s resume includes:

4 games against Alabama (including current Redskins’ Jonathan Allen and Ryan Anderson), 4 games against FSU (3x Josh Sweat and 3x Brian Burns), 4 games against Miami (3x Joe Jackson and 3x Chad Thomas), 4 games against Boston College (4x Zach Allen and 3x Harold Landry), 3 games vs Bradley Chubb, 3 games vs Duke Ejoifor, 1 game vs Carl Lawson, and 1 game against Ohio State (2016, Sam Hubbard, Tyquan Lewis, and Nick Bosa). (SBNation article 1/2019).

If he lacks so much strength and speed - how did he survive all of those men? Better yet, how did he shut them down? He nullified Brian Burns! Ugh. It literally boils down to bench press for some of these scouts, I swear. He isn’t a “hog molly”, he isn’t “mean enough”. It’s all garbage. The dude lost what, 4 times in 59 games? Bro, what????

POTD

Apr 28, 2019, 12:31 AM

Well Said!!!!

Apr 28, 2019, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: David Hood is upset and I agree! ]

Walker from FSU 2 games as well I believe.

Apr 28, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: David Hood is upset and I agree! ]

That's the part I don't quite get. You look at his measurables, he's equal to or better than 1st round Jonah Williams... Height, weight, arm span, hands... His bench press was 5 reps higher than Jonah's, too (Jonah had 23, Mitch had 28). There has to have been something more to it.

Apr 28, 2019, 6:33 AM

Agree with David!! Do not understand the NFL judgement on this one .....

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

He's prob a guard for NFL. Just kind of a tweener

Apr 28, 2019, 8:16 AM

But still surprised not drafted. Productive college players don't always translate, but what an awesome tiger.

Also, I think having 4 years of tape with more snaps than anyone in history prob hurts him. People can find more mistakes and be more critical.

I've never seen Hood so fired up in a tweet!!! ***

Apr 28, 2019, 8:22 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic