Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo will not run up the score!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Dabo will not run up the score!

Nov 22, 2015, 12:33 AM

When will some of you realize that. We essentially win the game in the first half then put it on cruise control and let our backups get valuable game time experience. It might look ugly but I'd rather them make their mistakes when the game is basically in hand. The same ones complaining about this would be the first ones ready to fire Dabo if DW4 were to get injured during garbage time.

Bright side: 11-0 and didn't lose to the Citadel

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it will be a much closer game than people thjnk

Nov 22, 2015, 12:35 AM

I'm thinking like 35 to 21. Or maybe 28 to 18. It will not be a blow out but we should win.

not scoring more points today had to do with oline getting pushed around the whole game...

Nov 22, 2015, 12:37 AM

Two games in a row the oline has gotten pushed around by bad defenses. Time for Robbie Caldwell to do the honorable thing and retire. 5 seasons, and still no consistent good play on the oline, not even consistent average play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not scoring more points today had to do with oline getting pushed around the whole game...

Nov 22, 2015, 12:43 AM

this is the best oline play we've had since CJ's last year and today we were running with a jumbled line due to our entire right side starters being injured and wanting to play much people as possible. A lot of play on the oline is chemistry and it's hard to do that with our situations today. Also Caldwell is a huge reason why we just brought in the best offensive line class in our history last year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

this season the oline has gotten pushed around by...

Nov 22, 2015, 12:52 AM

Wofford, App State, Syracuse, and now Wake Forest. Injury excuse doesn't work. Oline was intact in those other three games I mentioned. We have had injuries at other positions for a game or two, and we had the backups step up. Why can't the oline have the next man up attitude the rest of the team has? Simple answer they are coached by a never was been, whose two previous FBS jobs were NC State and Vanderbilt. 5 seasons, 5 seasons of the oline getting pushed around by lesser talent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this season the oline has gotten pushed around by...

Nov 22, 2015, 12:57 AM

It does make sense but is a very boring game to watch. Go Tigers!

Nov 22, 2015, 1:05 AM [ in reply to this season the oline has gotten pushed around by... ]

First of all nice TD'ing me when I was just trying to have a general discussion not an argument but since you clearly have something up your ### here's some facts: Pushed around by wofford? 222 rushing yards.....App State? 140 yards rushing.... Syracuse? 202 yards rushing. Oh and nice way to leave out our 400 yard rushing game against the U and how we dominated what was thought to be the best front 7 in ND but I guess those don't fit your agenda. And yes when you are constantly rotating in players who barely play together in role that takes a lot of chemistry there will be some mishaps more so than any other position especially when one entire side of the line is new.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Nov 22, 2015, 7:12 AM [ in reply to this season the oline has gotten pushed around by... ]

Not sure what game you watched but I saw our tigers turn it over twice and still had the game on ice at halftime. Guess another fan that has to find something to ##### and moan about. 11-0 and number 1 and STILL whining. Some of you need to get your heads out of your collective arses.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame and FSU aren't on your list. Hmm. Interesting.***

Nov 22, 2015, 8:10 AM [ in reply to this season the oline has gotten pushed around by... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 22, 2015, 9:25 AM [ in reply to this season the oline has gotten pushed around by... ]

I think what we saw yesterday was a great example of our young offensive coordinators exploiting a teams weakness. Our online was dinged up and weak florist defends the run well so Clemson wore them out through the air. Step off the ledge and enjoy the win.

wow , you have no clue how great robbie is.***

Nov 22, 2015, 10:23 AM [ in reply to this season the oline has gotten pushed around by... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree and disagree about offensive line

Nov 22, 2015, 1:52 AM [ in reply to not scoring more points today had to do with oline getting pushed around the whole game... ]

Wake Forest had a top 25 defense. They were very good and better than most that we have faced. However, I must agree that the inability to run the ball effectively during most of the game was glaring and it is very concerning. It is not good when the top two rushers are quarterbacks. Many times, there was no push from the offensive lineman and they were standing around, upright during most, if not all of the play, watching the ball carrier get tackled. There is no excuse for this. Sometimes, it appeared that they didn't even really try to get in the way of the defender, much less actively block them. I have seen this before where some of the team "expects" the superstars to carry them to success. I did not see many times when the lineman pushed the defenders back for the entirety of the play until the whistle was blown. The effort was not as good today as other days. I am worried that if we become too one dimensional, it may become our undoing, especially if we get behind early. Talent is not the issue. I see inconsistent effort.

Re: Agree and disagree about offensive line

Nov 22, 2015, 3:34 AM

Look at Wake's w/L record, they have kept it close with everybody but the Tar Hole. FSU 24/16, BC 3/0, Louisville 20/19. Wake has played well against good teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shows how important Gallman is to our running game!***

Nov 22, 2015, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Agree and disagree about offensive line ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shows how important Gallman is to our running game!***

Nov 22, 2015, 10:16 AM

I agree and disagree, and the reasons why is, Wake's game plan was to stop the run, they knew that Gallman wasn't playing and they chose to make us beat them with the pass. Honestly, I think that Wake played a decent game against us, and they have a h&ll of a kicking game.

points! however Gallman usually breaks away sometime during

Nov 22, 2015, 10:19 AM

game, even if in 4th quarter like in FSU game! His endurance is awesome!

A bit of advice for you

Nov 22, 2015, 5:36 AM [ in reply to not scoring more points today had to do with oline getting pushed around the whole game... ]

It is better to stay silent and appear a fool, than to open your mouth and erase all doubt.

Re: A bit of advice for you LMAO - not his first time!***

Nov 22, 2015, 9:19 AM

Re: not scoring more points today had to do with oline getting pushed around the whole game...

Nov 22, 2015, 7:08 AM [ in reply to not scoring more points today had to do with oline getting pushed around the whole game... ]

Essscuse me?

Wake ran 8 in the box virtually the entire game. Let me see... 5 linemen vs 8 defenders on runs... DW4 had a pretty clean pocket most of the day.

Sheesh...

Even the announcers

Nov 22, 2015, 8:30 AM

mentioned that Wake was playing to stop the run and force dw to pass.

Nov 22, 2015, 9:05 AM [ in reply to not scoring more points today had to do with oline getting pushed around the whole game... ]

Your crazy the problem with the running game yesterday was on the backs.
Except for Gallman we don't have a typical running back.
The O-line gave DW all the time in the world to find open receivers.
How many sacks did we have? ALOT
Wakes O-line got pushed around not the Tigers.

You don't have 1000yd rusher and a horrible OL. Doesn't compute.***

Nov 22, 2015, 12:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yet DW4 was playing in garbage time...

Nov 22, 2015, 3:30 AM

He even took a hit. I don't mind the decision, but I don't understand your argument given reality.

Re: Dabo will not run up the score!

Nov 22, 2015, 7:01 AM

"All IN"
what does it mean to you
What if 70% of us left the game at 1/2 time
Do you recall Dabo calling out some of the fans
after a win
What does this say 58--0
I as many only want the Tigers to play their best
score will take care of it-self
Last year @ FSU our Tigers played as good as they could
and came away a little short on the score board
I have no question and understand why Dabo wants to play
as many players as he can
That's great but call the plays put them in a position
to play the best that they can
When the 1's can't run the ball up the middle why would
anyone think the 2's & 3's can
Just playing for a "W" is not good enough

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually think he tried to run up the score...

Nov 22, 2015, 7:22 AM

a touch vs Wake. The turnovers stopped that from happening. We were looking for a big day. I just didn't happen due to some mistakes, coupled with our lack of running game. Dabo would have put 70 on them and would have given Watson a Heisman hype day, but it wasn't in the cards.

Nov 22, 2015, 7:49 AM

This is funny. It's hard to run up the score with 7 turnovers in two games.

Nov 22, 2015, 7:50 AM

He may not be able to prevent running it up .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Class Act - like the way he likes to end game in "Victory

Nov 22, 2015, 9:17 AM

formation" instead of trying to desperately score one more time - gave up field goal against Syracuse and one again yesterday! That will be noticed ultimately by critics and especially CFB playoff committee - GO TIGERS 84-10 (and remember usuck beat unc in first game of season)

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic