Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo the babysitter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,116

Dabo the babysitter

Nov 16, 2018, 12:37 PM

So, I am in Cincinnati at a large missionary conference, decked out in my Friday Orange Clemson gear and sitting at a diner for breakfast. There were two young men who are part of a mission effort in Haiti sitting next to me. One says “What’s up with all the Clemson orange?” I begin to tell him about my love for all things Clemson. He said that when he was little and visiting his grandfather in Tuscaloosa, Dabo babysat him. I said “What!?”

He began to tell me his grandfather is Gene Stallings and he grew up on the Stallings ranch near Paris, TX. He is close to his cousin JC Chalk. We had a great time talking Clemson (though he was a graduate of Abilene Christian University). We also talked military...he had done a stint in the Army. His colleague had been an E-3 as a machine gunner ammo tech with the Marine Corps in the 1st battle of Fallujah. I told him my son was a Marine Corps aviator flying EA-6 B’s with VMAQ-4 out of Cherry Point until he volunteered to be the battalion forward air controller dropping cans of kick a$$ on bad guys for the 3/6 Marines in...Fallujah.

What a great start for this weekend!! Clemson Football and Military Appreciation Day!

Thanks to all you Veterans for your service for our great nation! (I was just a lowly accountant paying the bills for the Marine Corps in the disbursing office at MCLB Albany)

Go Tigers! Beat Puke!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo the babysitter

Nov 16, 2018, 12:46 PM

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great story... thanks for sharing

Nov 16, 2018, 12:48 PM

But you're supposed to be wearing purple this week! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Great story... thanks for sharing

Nov 16, 2018, 1:00 PM

I break out the Purple tomorrow. Friday is All In Orange Day!

Nov 16, 2018, 12:51 PM

JC Chalk is a fine young man, he does his Grandpa well. He is well spoken and seems to make the most of his playing time.

Nov 16, 2018, 12:59 PM

Quote: "(I was just a lowly accountant paying the bills for the Marine Corps in the disbursing office at MCLB Albany)"

Lowly my foot! You were the most important man in the Marine Corps .... according to my men! I was the pay officer one month during my tour in Viet Nam and had to drive from DaNang to Chu Lai to pay some of my men. When we got to Chu Lai, the bridge over a pretty large river had been blown up by the VC and the only way to cross was about a 12" wide beam that had been a part of a railroad crossing. It was about 50' above the river. As I started across the beam (about 100' or more) with an ammo box with the MPC (money) in it, my men waiting on the other side were quiet as a mouse. After I paid them and was walking back on the beam, all of them were yelling at me and doing anything they could to distract me make me fall into the river. With my cat-like reflexes and perfect balance, they failed miserably!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2018, 1:51 PM

Tigerlinks, thanks for your story. It just proves the old adage “If you got one job to do, do it good! I’m glad your “catlike” reflexes kept you from falling!

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,116
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic