Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monte Lee = Tommy Bowden
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Monte Lee = Tommy Bowden

Apr 14, 2019, 9:57 PM

What we need here is a Dabo Swinney of Baseball

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monte Lee = Tommy Bowden

Apr 14, 2019, 10:01 PM

And who exactly would that be? I’m not worried but we need to win a regional this year to show progress being made

Apr 14, 2019, 10:05 PM

Then u are about to be disappointed because this team isnt as good as last year

Apr 14, 2019, 10:07 PM

If we get the team that beat North Carolina and Louisville to show up. We can win a regional. Especially if we get a favorable draw

Tell 'em u5c coot

Apr 15, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Monte Lee = Tommy Bowden ]

Re: Tell 'em u5c coot

Apr 15, 2019, 3:15 PM

This thread started out as a numnutz convention...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2019, 10:08 PM

Your coach = USUC tradition.

Net assessment is your troll post = a puddle of diareah in the dog food aisle at Walmart.

Tweet that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PurpleTiger21 = Manafold of 2019***

Apr 14, 2019, 10:14 PM

Re: PurpleTiger21 = Manafold of 2019***

Apr 14, 2019, 10:23 PM

Concur.

Trolls stink of chicken shat!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2019, 10:28 PM

Very underwhelming. People made it seem like such fun when they posted similar comments about Coach Brownell and basketball after every loss. But very disappointed with the way it made me feel. I apologize to anyone who had to waste his or her time reading this.

Apr 14, 2019, 11:22 PM

Not everyone shares the opinions of haters because they can...

All is see is a baseball name and a football name

Apr 14, 2019, 10:27 PM

on the basketball board.

I think you did that on purpose.

I have my own ideas about where our program is doing well and where they need to improve but I doubt anyone wants to read them and I don't believe you would understand them if I did.

So, have a good evening. The gamecocks won this year's series. Take comfort in that if you can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 3:14 AM

I wouldn’t go that far but CML has yet to show much result. Yeah I know he won the ACC tournament but after that nothing. We had some good bats the previous 2 years and still not close to winning a regional. He will get a pass this season because of the turnover but next season year 5 he needs to show improvement. I will say except when we play UGA we don’t lose midweek games . This is the reason we have hosted the last 3 seasons. But that makes it worse losing at home.
This years team has started slumping faster than the last 2 years so we shall see . I don’t think we even host this year.

Apr 15, 2019, 6:18 AM

After last week all I can say is baseball is a streaky game so maybe start our run of bad baseball early and get hot late.

This team is mostly made up of freshman and sophomores so inconsistent play should be expected. Hope they catch fire late this year, the talent is obviously there.

I like Coach Lee and for the most part he’s done a good job.

Apr 15, 2019, 6:29 AM

Next year will be critical though!

This didn't help me

Apr 15, 2019, 6:38 AM

Get my first coffee, open up the Tnets and there are 2 coots fussing bout baseball on the basketball bored. Geeze.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Tell 'em u5c coot

Apr 15, 2019, 8:54 AM

Dabo is a blessing and a curse

Apr 15, 2019, 9:36 AM

He's been a blessing to our program b/c he came out of no where to achieve so much...but unfortunately his success has blinded so many of fans into thinking that same should happen to every single sport our school offers.

It ain't that easy. We are fortunate to have success in football. It won't be forever. So enjoy it. But the jobs that Brownell and Lee are doing are about what they should be. The only time we should be bent out of shape is if we're in last place or near to it. BTW pushing Leggett out was puzzling b/c he had us in the top 5 of the conference every year. Many wanted top 2 every year and still do apparently. Again, ain't that easy.

Tommy Bowden btw was probably the 3rd or 4th best football coach in our history. Why so many bash him as if he was this horrible chapter in our history is really short sighted. Bowden kick-started our program back from the dead. And he left when he felt was best to leave (which it was.) We should tip our cap and thank him for his service and leave it alone.

My hope is that when Clemson football has an off year in the future we as fans won't be so short sighted and will not start the "fire Dabo because he only won 9 games this year" posts...i hold out hope but i know we'll see it on here. Its just the nature of fandom i guess

Great post.

Apr 15, 2019, 10:28 AM

It's amazing how people keep posting this type of thing for basketball and now baseball as well. As you said, hiring Dabo worked out but let's be honest, on paper that had a very low chance of success. You don't usually see a relative unknown get a major college job, only to excel like he has. Dabo is great, but finding another Dabo, especially for a sport like basketball at Clemson, is even less likely than it was for Clemson football.

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I don't have a problem with Monte Lee at all. He seems to be doing a very good job in recruiting and on the field. I see an uptick from where we were under Leggett toward the end of his tenure. To be honest, expecting to make the CWS regularly seems a bit ridiculous given the fact that we haven't been to one in quite some time. Heck, we haven't even won a regional in a while. Let's focus on those goals first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Dabo is a blessing and a curse

Apr 15, 2019, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Dabo is a blessing and a curse ]

Yes our expectations are generally overly optimistic. However, should these expectations not at least be our goals? I think this is especially true in baseball, where up until recently, the program had seen more success as a whole than the football program. Please don't read into that as me not being happy with the job that Monte Lee is doing. I think that he has done a solid job, and I think that we have a young team that will do something in the next year or two. I agree 100% that Leggett had earned the right to go out on his own terms, but I do not think that means that Coach Lee was required to have instant success to justify the move. Coach Lee needs to have more success soon, but he has not given me reason to be skeptical of it coming.

When it comes to basketball, I think that we have a little different views. I think that Coach Brownell is a good man who is a mediocre coach. I think that he is a good comparison to Bowden and think that it is time for a change. I do not think that Brownell has done a bad job, but I don't see him turning into a great coach in the future either.

Judge Keller points out that we were lucky with Dabo. I, for one, was very critical of the hire, and only thought he got the job, because we did not want to spend the money to get a more established candidate. I don't know the reasoning, but I gladly admit that I could not have been more wrong about who the choice should be.

The thing is we knew that we did not have a great coach in Bowden. I believe that many of us do not think that we have a great coach in Brownell. There is only a slim chance that his successor, whenever that is, will be the basketball version of Dabo. We very well may take a step back, but there is that slim chance of greatness.

What I am trying to say is that I am not against Brownell, but for a change. I think he has done an exemplary job off the court and particularly in the classroom, but I do not foresee greatness on the court. He has been solid, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. I am ready to roll the dice for the basketball "Dabo".

Re: disrespecting Dabo

Apr 15, 2019, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Dabo is a blessing and a curse ]

I would give you 10 TUs if I could.

The problem to me comes when people look at Dabo and assume that what he has done is replicable elsewhere. First off, it is inherently disrespectful to presume that anybody else can do what Dabo has done, when no one else has done it before.

Secondly, assuming that the landscape in every sport is just as level or even favorable as it is for Clemson in football is downright ignorant and naive.

I understand wanting to improve results, wanting to see young men develop, and upgrading. I don't understand, or willingly tolerate, the blatant disrespect shown for kids and coaches of both winning and losing efforts who still played their guts out far more than the couch-sitting critics.

Did you also compare Brownell to Tommy Bowden?

Apr 15, 2019, 10:24 AM

Comparison to Tommy Bowden seems to be the popular criticism of choice for Clemson coaches people don't like.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Did you also compare Brownell to Tommy Bowden?

Apr 15, 2019, 1:14 PM

What’s most annoying is that it has a bandwagon effect. Even posters in this thread said they made the comparison because others have. What we all need to do is support the programs and quit with the coach slander. It gets old and is mostly half-cocked at best.

Objective thought... Spread the word.

Apr 15, 2019, 11:30 AM

A post about Baseball and a Former Football coach is on the basketball board...

Sorry if I dont take anything said by someone stupid enough to do such a thing seriously.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

An incredibly DA Post...

Apr 15, 2019, 3:11 PM

Not to mention it's in the basketball forum....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An incredibly DA Post...

Apr 15, 2019, 11:20 PM

It was posted on the basketball board for a reason. Anyone who got tired of reading the same type of post about Brad Brownell after every basketball loss this season should get it. Apparently not. A little sarcasm for people who don't understand sarcasm. Oh well. It's still fun to watch

Does Monte Lee's dad coach at FSU?

Apr 15, 2019, 11:22 PM

Your post is RIDICULOUS!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 8:08 AM

Let's just hope that UofSuc never figures out that they need to demote Tanner back to HC of baseball, where he won back-to-back national titles. How dumb can anyone be to ruin something that is working so well? For me, CML is fine, and I like to watch the games even though I'm not really into bball that much. We just need some fine-tuning IMO. Sometimes the bats go cold, and that's just bball.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic