Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo does not have a blind spot or loyalty issue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Dabo does not have a blind spot or loyalty issue

Apr 15, 2018, 8:09 AM

In 2014 he made what he felt like was the right decision at the time given the circumstances. DW missed practice time in the spring and was coming off of an injury. To have an opinion is one thing but to publicly bash our coaches and players who have given us so much is classless. Dabo is one of the top coaches in CFB for a reason and he doesn’t need a bunch of hacks like us on the internet to tell him what he should do. I don’t always agree with his decisions but he’s more than earned enough credibility for me not to come on here and publicly bash him over an issue. People can disagree and speculate on here. That’s what a forum like this is for but Dabo and the players who have done so much for us deserve a lot more respect than some of our posters are giving them. Disagree with him if you like but please do so in a respectful manner.

As for KB the man exceeded my expectations and helped lead us to one of the best seasons in Clemson history. He has strengths and weaknesses like any other athlete but we can discuss those things in a respectful manner. That young man played his heart out for us last year. He deserves a lot more respect than what many of our posters are giving him.

Of course I know that we have the normal coot trolls in the mix as well. All I can say to you guys is that Dabo owns you and the QB you are bashing had you down 34-0 going into the fourth last year. He won more conference championships as a starter as any QB you’ve had in the last half century. Worry about your own team. Our dominance over you will continue.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo does not have a blind spot or loyalty issue

Apr 15, 2018, 8:21 AM

Underrated post!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

While I wouldn’t say your post is ‘underrated’ (all the #’s

Apr 15, 2018, 8:31 AM

are not in yet), I will say it is a good one. Better yet, I admire how you always stay true to your handle and finish with (yet another) SKRONG smack down of the coots!

????????

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Not enough likes*****

Apr 16, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo does not have a blind spot or loyalty issue ]

Apr 15, 2018, 8:35 AM

While I agree with all your points (especially about owning the coots) I do think we have as fans can question coaches decisions. I mean I know it’s there decision and I see maybe 5% of what they see and probably know less than that percentage of what they know.

However, while I agree starting Stoudt on the road at UGA, if you were coach would you have taken DW4 out of the game after that laser TD? I would not have and who knows if we win that game or not. Same thing going on now, not bashing anyone but questioning who is the best option.

What you are doing is respectful and done with class

Apr 15, 2018, 8:59 AM

I’m not referring to you. That’s why I wrote this:

People can disagree and speculate on here. That’s what a forum like this is for but Dabo and the players who have done so much for us deserve a lot more respect than some of our posters are giving them. Disagree with him if you like but please do so in a respectful manner.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=23394143&start=0#ixzz5CkGXFpd4

Apr 16, 2018, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo does not have a blind spot or loyalty issue ]

But, coaches are never wrong. That's why so many of them are fired every year.

Agreed, there is no blind spot.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:03 AM

The thing is, people just have to have somebody to blame when things don't go thier way, and they actually think they are more capable and qualified than Dabo to make personnel decisions for the Clemson football team. For example, Cole Stoudt played over a young, more talented Deshaun Watson. While the reasons were obvious and perfectly reasonable, it was certain fans who had a blind spot, and to this day still can't see it. The only explanation they could come up with was that Dabo was willing to sacrifice wins out of some sense of misguided loyalty. Or even more hilarious, Dabo didn't understand as well as a bunch of fans what it took to run the offense, and was placing too much weight on experience. Then comes Kelly Bryant, who obviously struggles somewhat in the down field passing game. The answer, for these folks, was Hunter Johnson, who MUST be a better down field passer than KB, and he looked pretty good in exteremely brief backup action. Further PROOF of Dabo's blind spot. Now, here we are in 2018, and after seeing one scrimmage, the super fan/coach has all they need to make their decision, and their imagined Boogeyman is confirmed once again as Dabo doesn't throw KB under the bus, and says that the QB competition will continue into the fall. Even when the absolute best assistant coaches in the whole country explain and support Dabo on this, it's not enough for those who know better.

I don't give a crap who the QB is, I don't have a dog in that fight. I just want the one that gives us the best chance to win. I trust Dabo and his staff to make that decision over myself or a pile of fans with a giant blind spot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Well said***

Apr 15, 2018, 9:33 AM

Exactly. Enough voicing your opinion

Apr 15, 2018, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Agreed, there is no blind spot. ]

unless your opinion is other fans should shut up.

Makes for a great message board.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you read my entire post?

Apr 15, 2018, 10:45 AM

No one on here has said that. In fact I said the exact opposite. The only thing I am calling out here is the total disrespect thrown at Dabo, our staff and our players by some of our posters. If you do not fall into that category then nothing I called these people out for applies to you. I may not understand what you are trying to say here but if you are saying what I think you’re saying you need to read my original post again.

No issue with what you said, that's why I didn't reply.***

Apr 16, 2018, 1:09 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Opinions are always welcome.

Apr 15, 2018, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Exactly. Enough voicing your opinion ]

But if one's opinion is that, BEFORE (as was the case for some) even seeing Trevor Lawrence practice or participate in a scrimmage at Clemson, was that TL should be our starting QB over KB, then yes, I will point out the absurdity and laughability of that opinion. If one's opinion is that after seeing one controlled scrimmage, one knows better than Dabo who our starting QB should be, then again I will point out the objective absurdity.

Dabo has made mistakes in the past, and he will make mistakes in the future. I don't always agree with him myself. Sometimes, it's an emotional, spur of the moment reaction, and when I settle down, I usually realize he did what he did for a good reason in those cases. In fact, if I think about it, try to put myself in his shoes, and listen to his explanations, they make perfect sense, even if they turn out to be the wrong ones.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

What mistakes?***

Apr 16, 2018, 7:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

Apr 16, 2018, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Agreed, there is no blind spot. ]

It has been said on here before many many times. NONE of us are out there on a daily basis with these players (who are kids) and coaches (who get paid very well to take criticism warranted or not). I certainly have my opinion based on limited data who I think should be the starter this year and almost every year, but I don't care one way or the other. I trust our coaching staff to do what is best for the team. I continue to be excited about what is Clemson Football!!!! Carry on......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1

Apr 15, 2018, 10:52 AM

I see a POTD of the day in your future

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2018, 10:57 AM

Your post has exceeded TNet expectations .

+1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 16, 2018, 10:01 AM

I give KB his due respect that he deserves, but I am a Clemson fan first and not a one player fan. The bottom line the way I see it, is to win at the highest level, and we didn't win at the highest level in the 2017 playoff game. FB is a team sport, and our team needs a QB that can play at a championship level and it don't matter to me who that QB is as long as he can win or at least compete at a championship level. Getting crushed and blown out isn't playing or competing at a championship level!!! We didn't have a Trevor Lawrence last season, but we do this season, and he is a DW4 caliber player that seems to be more ready at this stage than DW4 did at this same time in his early Clemson career. Just saying, put the ball in TL's hands early to get him ready for the season!!!

What we saw with TL in the spring game was hindered bc he didn't have the luxury and comfort of playing behind all starters!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t have an issue with anything you are saying

Apr 16, 2018, 10:48 AM

in fact I agree with you but I also know we have only a seen a small sample of what the coaches see day in and day out. My post isn’t about who should start. My post is about giving our coaches and players the respect that is due to them. Some posters on here have not been doing that.

With KB we can win every game on our schedule except

Apr 16, 2018, 10:22 AM

if we play BAMA. He controls the game with his feet and doesn't turn it over. Works well with all but BAMA. You have to pass effectively down field to loosen their pass rush.

With a freshman or first timer we can win or lose every test game on our schedule. Because they will have a higher propensity to turn it over b/c they're all passers and new guys with not much if any game experience. But we have a higher chance of beating BAMA with a passer.

So there's your dilemma.

KB i think can get us to an undefeated season and an ACC championship. But will drop it to a good defense that force him to pass to win.

TL/HJ can put up numbers and beat teams but in a close game could choke up a loss. Going to FSU could be that game or something similar to the Syracuse game.

I don’t know where at any point in my post I said that

Apr 16, 2018, 10:59 AM

KB should be the starter or anything remotely close to that. The point of my post is for fans to state their opinions in a respectful manner with appreciation for what our players have done and continue to do. If that’s what you’ve been doing then nothing I said applies to you. That’s why I gave you a TU for doing so even if your reply is not really appropriate for this thread.

From what I witnessed it wouldn't have mattered

Apr 16, 2018, 11:37 AM [ in reply to With KB we can win every game on our schedule except ]

much who our QB was against Bama. We couldn't block them to give the QB time to throw the ball downfield. It still comes down to who can block and tackle the best.
Yes TL can throw the better downfield pass. He can't from on his back. No one can.

Re: From what I witnessed it wouldn't have mattered

Apr 16, 2018, 11:40 AM

I think most people attribute some of the issues with blocking to the fact that Bama had 0 respect for our passing game before the game even started. They felt they could send a ton of pressure and we wouldn't burn them with KB's arm.

It seemed to work pretty good for them.

Re: From what I witnessed it wouldn't have mattered

Apr 17, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to From what I witnessed it wouldn't have mattered ]

Neither did DW4 in the Bama game, he took what he had to have and made it work!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 11:54 AM

the mere fact kb has accomplished all this while dealing with crohns is amazing. i have crohns and much older than kb. playing sports always wore me out dealing with crohns in 80's and 90's. still play in mens leagues and crohns is debilitating. he plays competitive d1 football for a major dominant program, and succeeds. btw, this has nothing to do with his throwing ability downfield. its just an observation about someone i admire a lot and people need to understand what it takes out of him physically to play. you can have all the muscles and stamina in the world, but your bowels and colon do not care. whether he starts, or doesn't, makes no difference to me. cds will make the right decision for this football team. but, kb has earned and demands our respect. no mike williams, no jordan leggett, and most importantly, no wayne gallman. and all he did was torch usuck and canes. the bama game was disappointing, but its football. so all that have negative to say about kb, i quote my grandfather, "son, opinions are like a$$holes. most people have em, and most of em stink."

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Apr 16, 2018, 12:16 PM

Yes, that is amazing. But I was under the impression that all occurred in high school. Thought I remember seeing a piece done on espn during the playoffs and that was all behind him. Either way, it's amazing that he didn't have to quit because it is debilitating.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2018, 12:28 PM

There is no medical cure for crohns. Remission can be achieved but many people in remission still suffer from chronic fatigue. What KB has been able to do is nothing short of remarkable.

I obviously missed the boat on this one, even though your

Apr 16, 2018, 12:44 PM

post is spot on and everything said is true, I just haven't seen the posts where people have ripped Dabo or said he wasn't a good coach etc.

I've certainly read the discussions on people disagreeing with the decision to start Cole Stoudt and whether DW4 should have stayed in for the uga game etc. but I see it is more where people were giving their opinion based on what they saw on the field and perhaps didn't know that DW4 was hurt all spring or was even injured before the season. A lot of folks come on here to discuss issues but really don't follow everything that's been reported throughout the year etc... if that makes sense.

It's only been fairly recent that so many people had so much easy access to information and can make a more informed decision. As for KB2, same thing, I haven't seen much, if any bashing him as a person or not appreciating what he did last year or for coming to Clemson and giving it his all. I've seen posts where people had stated that KB is a good QB but not a great QB and certainly not the QB with the most talent and then they get ripped to shreds, called a coot, bashed and all but banned from the boards simply for stating an opinion... when in fact they very well could be the biggest Clemson supporter we have. So, likewise, is it fair they get that treatment and called out?

and yes, I read your whole post and it is a good post. Hey, a lot of people (myself included) said Monte blew Friday's baseball game, and guess what, he did and I'm not even close to being a baseball coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I obviously missed the boat on this one, even though your

Apr 16, 2018, 1:34 PM

I’ve seen it. One post was even entitled Dabo’s blind spot. One poster constantly comes on here and accuses Dabo of double talk along with a lot of other things and has been doing so for months when it comes to the QB issue. I read where one poster said KB couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn and that one came from a poster I like and respect. I don’t have time to dig through the trash but I felt it had to be addressed. The emotions that we have when we lose are strong and sometimes we need to refrain from saying the first things that come through our minds. These are OUR players and coaches and they have accomplished a lot for Clemson. Coaches make bad decisions. Athletes have limitations. We can talk about those things. I know I like to but throwing people under the bus who have given us so much is not something any tiger fan should be doing right now. Dabo is all in. KB is all in. They have given us our best seasons ever. We are an elite program even much more so than in the 80s when I began watching tiger football. They deserve respect from Clemson fans and the coots who troll the board need to find something better to occupy their time with. That is all.

Re: I obviously missed the boat on this one, even though your

Apr 16, 2018, 4:33 PM

I couldn't agree with you more but unfortunately since it's free to join anyone can get on and stir the pot. I guess I try to ignore those and move on but what you said needed to be said - no disagreement there. What you just said is really what I was trying to say that I see more of than the other, but English is not my subject - your quote below:

"The emotions that we have when we lose are strong and sometimes we need to refrain from saying the first things that come through our minds."

Anyway, TU as always.

Go Tigers!!!!

The OP went over well.*****

Apr 16, 2018, 1:28 PM

Apr 16, 2018, 5:37 PM

Meant to TU this yesterday, but my phone was acting up...so here ya go.

Apr 16, 2018, 7:25 PM

It's prolly the same crowd that wanted him fired a few years back that now question his decisions.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic