Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Swinney on Feaster: He earned the right to transfer to South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

TNET: Swinney on Feaster: He earned the right to transfer to South Carolina

May 4, 2022, 9:11 AM

Swinney on Feaster: He earned the right to transfer to South Carolina

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney had nothing but good things to say about running back Tavien Feaster, who announced earlier this week that he was transferring to archrival South Carolina for his senior season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Swinney on Feaster: He earned the right to transfer to South Carolina

Aug 2, 2019, 5:05 PM

That is true . He's also earned that whoopin' in Columbia about 4 months from now .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I asked Dabo what he thought of Feaster

Aug 2, 2019, 5:08 AM

He said, He is a coot now, good riddance. We high fived and went on our way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not Shoddy with 5.99 ypc average & 2nd only to ETN in Clemson RB History!

Aug 2, 2019, 5:14 PM

Gonna do well with Coots if their Oline gets better with the rush game since their passing O game was pretty good in 2018.

Hope he runs, runs & runs until our game.

Mo Tigers & KB2 better shore uP!

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not Shoddy with 5.99 ypc average & 2nd only to ETN in Clemson RB History!

Aug 2, 2019, 5:24 PM

Not surprisingly CDS has taken the high road. Based on Dabo's high character I'm not surprised, and actually very pleased with his comments. Now, all Tiger fans should follow his lead and move on. We have far too many blessings with our program to dwell on situations like TF. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and being the transparent man that he is

Aug 2, 2019, 5:32 PM

Dabo alsolet us know that he did not like the decision. as it is with anybody, we must respect a man's inalienable right to make a decision, whether we agree with it or not, and respect it. Feaster graduated, stayed out of trouble and maintained good citizenship as a Tiger... but now, he deserves all of the same vitriol as jake bentley come Nov 23rd and rightfully so...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo always sets a great example taking the high road

Aug 2, 2019, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Not Shoddy with 5.99 ypc average & 2nd only to ETN in Clemson RB History! ]

I’m glad he did too, it wouldn’t look good to recruits if he said anything negative. Dabo is pretty amazing. He always shows great leadership

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I asked Dabo what he thought of Feaster

Aug 2, 2019, 5:51 PM [ in reply to I asked Dabo what he thought of Feaster ]

Hey.. such anger and hatred is not good. Think about it - not long ago were talent and wins deprived. Lets be humble and enjoy the good times in the right spirit.
Feaster is just a kid trying to find his place in the world. This happens at workplace too. If we find the best opportunity we all move on. such rights should apply to him also.

seems a little chilly in here...

Aug 2, 2019, 10:16 PM

was that a snowflake I just saw?

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2019, 5:22 PM

Dabo dealt with this adequately at the time he entered the portal. We knew he was gone then. I dont think hardly anyone enters it and then stays put. I guess he felt he had to give the media something but I wouldnt have. I would not discuss people who arent on the team once camp begins. He did what he was entitled to and I'm sick of hearing about it. At least it isnt quite as bad as months of maybe KB will come back question but I'm not hear to read about a guy who chose to leave.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2019, 9:56 PM

Yeah....but you did read about him. Just sayin'. ????

Aug 2, 2019, 5:30 PM

One thing in that statement that tells that Dabo didn't really mean what he was saying and that was, he said that Feaster was a selfless person. We all know that Feaster was mad bc he wasn't playing as mush as he wanted to, and other statements that he made with his selfless self, he said that he was upset while declaring that he felt he was the best RB in the country. He was not selfless, and if that makes who ever mad that I say this, get busy with TD selection if you are a paying T-Net member bc Feaster was more selfish than selfless, and he wasn't in anyway shape or form a better RB than ETN, and that is why ETN was the soul starter, and that is why Feaster pack his bags and said FK Clemson, the coaches, and the fans, that it wasn't his job to worry about that!!! He didn't seem to worry about someone getting the snaps he feels he should have gotten regardless of how much better that ETN was than him, so he will just take his ball and go play where he maybe the better player, and if he's not, he will transfer again before he plays the 4th game, but Mustcant will make sure that doesn't happen, he won't be as straight up as Dabo was KB!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2019, 7:25 PM

Aug 2, 2019, 6:02 PM

I'm with Dabo on this, but out of curiosity I would like to see all the boxes that were checked in the Coot football program.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who? Never heard of her***

Aug 2, 2019, 6:05 PM

Aug 2, 2019, 6:20 PM

Somebody should have helped Feaster with the Math

Team Rushing Stats

Rank Team Att YDS YPC Long TD's RPG
4 Clemson 568 3723 6.6 75 49 248.2
57 Virginia Tech 520 2266 4.4 87 19 174.3
81 South Carolina 444 1986 4.5 69 15 152.8
107 ETN 204 1658 8.1 75 24 110.5

That's right USCjr only have 328 more yards than ETN with 240 more rushing attempts and got 9 fewer rushing TD's. How is a team at the bottom of the rushing charts with a senior coaches kid QB going to all of a sudden start rushing better? yikes.

Aug 2, 2019, 7:11 PM

That is what you look at??? I just kind of wonder did he look at the Gamecocks schedule? They play us, Bama, and UGA, as well as Kentucky, T A&m, Florida, Missouri. Best case IMO they go 7-5, worst case 5-7. That Gamecock schedule is brutal...might be the hardest schedule I have ever seen. In the coaches poll, Clemson, Bama, and UGA are 1,2,and 3...they play them all. Has that ever happened?

The UofSC schedule is only hard if

Aug 2, 2019, 7:19 PM

The SEC is really as skrong as the 'click-baiters' think it is. They're not experts...most probably can't run a mile in a half-hour. They're click-baiters...the SEC is a perception that reality doesn't support. Give me 60 voters...and it would be 44-16 in favor of my view! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2019, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney on Feaster: He earned the right to transfer to South Carolina ]

Yes as a matter of fact. Clemson did that and more in 2015. Remember? Alabama, Notre Dame, Florida State, Oklahoma, Miami, Va Tech in one year. And that schedule included that year's and the following year's Heisman winner.

We went 6-1 against them.

Aug 2, 2019, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney on Feaster: He earned the right to transfer to South Carolina ]

They actually do have a monster schedule, and Feaster believe he can show boat his talent better with the coots than he could have as the second man at Clemson, well I say bull F-ing chit, it's not going to happen even if he was the only back with the coots!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their schedule is not the toughest...

Aug 2, 2019, 10:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney on Feaster: He earned the right to transfer to South Carolina ]

but folks say it is because they play us and several sec teams. I would put Texas a&m's schedule ahead of theirs as well as Awbarns. Not sure about the other conferences teams but the coots probably will not have the toughest schedule as the season unfolds.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Their schedule is not the toughest...

Aug 3, 2019, 2:19 AM

I have to agree with you Texas A&M schedule is brutal. On the road at Clemson, Georgia and LSU. Then Miss St., Auburn and Alabama at home. With the SEC poll bias they will probably be playing at least 5 top 10 teams but other than our Tigers their out of conference schedule are a bunch of powder puffs.

Aug 2, 2019, 6:26 PM

Well said Dabo. Of course we will never cheer for a coot, but Dabo is right! Couldn't have been expressed better.

Aug 2, 2019, 6:43 PM

I will guess Feaster was not happy at CU as of late; so be it. I also think he figures a transfer (especially to a rival) will keep him in the news. That is possible, but I don't expect him to get the attention Hurts will get at Oklahoma, Fields at 0-31 State, and even Kelly at Missouri.

Hunter Johnson says HELLO!

Aug 2, 2019, 7:25 PM

He’s the one I personally want to watch and hope he is very successful at Northwestern.
HJ was the epitome of class and handled his transfer in a very respectable way...these other guys could learn a few lessons from him that may help them understand what professionalism looks like.

Add Zerrick Cooper and Jabril Robinson

Aug 2, 2019, 7:51 PM

maybe even Shaq Smith - who clearly left due to family reasons! He was very complimentary of Clemson top to bottom.

TF - I agree with Red - unless I missed it. I have not seen the, "thank you Clemson" for giving me an opportunity.
It didn't work out; but I thank you anyway.

***The lack of that statement(unless I missed it.. .. .. if I did my apology) shows this was a "Me-ME-ME" decision.
As stated earlier - on people's jobs. If they find an employer with a greater opportunity people leave jobs(even good one's) to better themselves! But, in most cases, "YOU NEVER WANT TO BURN BRIDGES"! Especially when someone took a chance on you. DABO and staff say it openly and I know the players are literally right there when they say it. "Everything is graded"! Every rep of every thing you do is graded and evaluated and the players who grade out the best will start. TF didn't want to or couldn't answer the bell from a production stand point better than Etienne. Not TF fault mind you; many other starting RB's in the country would sit behind TE9.
No problem with him transferring I just wish he would go on to acknowledge the opportunity he was given; though it didn't work out. He was still given an opportunity! And, like KB, they can't say they were promised anything else! If they are saying that, "they are not being honest"! No way do they sit there and promise a kid a starting job - which reading between the lines - is what KB and TF seem to think. Not with as much as it has been stated otherwise. Not with the way Bama, Ohio St. others recruit yearly. Why would you if you are Clemson; "pigeon hole yourself"? Because if that player doesn't work out; your stuck. If he doesn't put in the work; your stuck. No way. No how was he or anybody else promised playing time, if a player don't want to possibility of having to work his butt off they should just go to a school with all 3 star players and be the big dog on campus. Where he will never get better. He will never have to work hard. Never have to improve and go beyond the player that arrived on campus.
But, you go to Clemson or a Bama b/c you have supreme confidence in what you can do. But, you had better understand what you are getting into. You are getting into having to be the "best of the best" atmosphere. No settling for ok.
Have a good year TF. But, man, nobody owes you nothing man!
As a Clemson Grad for the rest of your life; hopefully one day you recognize it!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post was harsh...

Aug 2, 2019, 10:28 PM

I like it :)

Go Tigers!!!

Fully agree. HJ super great kid. Wished he’d

Aug 5, 2019, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Hunter Johnson says HELLO! ]

Gotten more PT the year KB started all season.

Aug 2, 2019, 6:46 PM

I sure get what everyone is saying about taking the high road and wishing TF the best. I agree with Dabo about the kid earning the right to transfer after earning his degree.

I do not like his decision however and now he is with the rival. Let's not forget that Spiller un-retired his number for Feaster. That's a selfless act. Feaster's is not.

Feaster is a chicken. Feaster is dead to me. It might be immature or whatever. I don't care. I am a Clemson grad and a die-hard fan for 45+ plus years.

I wish him nothing but the worst of luck as I would any USC player. See you in Nov young man. Go "TIGERS"!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for "nutting up" and not mincing words . . .

Aug 2, 2019, 7:02 PM

Passive Agressive is not your forte . . . I'm not totally on board . . . but I appreciate the directness!!!

Re: +1 for "nutting up" and not mincing words . . .

Aug 2, 2019, 8:30 PM

Thanks. I try not to be so provocative on here but man, this is how I feel.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your post was harsh...

Aug 2, 2019, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Swinney on Feaster: He earned the right to transfer to South Carolina ]

I like it! :)

Go Tigers!!!

Aug 2, 2019, 6:52 PM

I look at it different than many fans. He will be a Gamecock for 1 year to showcase his talent to the NFL. As a Clemson graduate, he will be a Tiger for life. As a life long Clemson fan, I have no issue with that. It is not like he is being deceitful or doing anything wrong. Of course I wish he had stayed. Of course it will be weird seeing us try to stop his runs. He will always be a Tiger later unless the idiot fans make him feel unwelcome. I think butthurt fans need to get over it.

Your post was lame...

Aug 2, 2019, 10:30 PM

I didn't like it...

Go Tigers!!!

Aug 2, 2019, 7:07 PM

Nope. Swinney said TF earned the right to graduate. It was his choice to transfer and his second choice to go to SC. That second choice sets him apart for better or worse, but he must live with that choice. It certainly wasn't the choice of a selfless player. Welcome to adulthood TF.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listen/read Dabo's words...follow the timeline...

Aug 2, 2019, 7:22 PM

TF was selfless as a Tiger. He's gone now. Is leaving a selfless act...or personal? It's personal, in my view...it's his choice...he earned that choice (as Dabo eloquently said). Don't label TF as something the evidence doesn't support.

Re: Listen/read Dabo's words...follow the timeline...

Aug 2, 2019, 10:59 PM

"Don't label TF as something the evidence doesn't support." Excetionally and intelligently well said.

Go Tigers!!!

Aug 2, 2019, 7:19 PM

Could someone tell me when "selfless" Feaster thanked CU for paying for his education, thanked the coaches who worked with him to improve his skills, thanked the fans who traveled long distances to support the team he played on, or thanked his teammates for being on his side? To me, he is just like too many people who don't appreciate what has been given to them or done for them. A simple thank you would have gone a long way. Did i miss it?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No problem for me, I always hope the coots go 0-12.***

Aug 2, 2019, 7:41 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who???? He’s dead to me. !!!!!***

Aug 2, 2019, 8:00 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo nails it again. It's hard for me to imagine how anybody

Aug 2, 2019, 9:00 PM

could experience Clemson for 4 years, then turn around and embrace the coots. It makes my head explode. Having said that, I'm not a 22 year-old athlete who has the options Feaster has; nor can I imagine what's in his heart or in his head. I'm just a lifelong Clemson fan, and I'll take Dabo's word regarding Feaster's character, and I agree he's earned this right even if I can't understand it. So, like Dabo, I'll wish him well, except when he plays us. Anything else would be childish.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dabo clearly didn’t check with the main board.

Aug 2, 2019, 9:04 PM

If he had, he would’ve learned that Tavien is a horrible person who disgraced Clemson by wearing #28 and transferring to South Carolina.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Aug 2, 2019, 10:58 PM

As long as he gets no ice cream I wish him well!! It don’t look good but I wish him success as long as he gets no Ice Cream period!!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dabo handled that question amazingly well!

Aug 2, 2019, 11:21 PM

So much better than any other coach.
Glad Dabo is our coach

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One aspect that I hate

Aug 3, 2019, 12:16 AM

Is that if he kills it this season he will be Feaster from “Gamec*cks” instead of Feaster from “Clemson”.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. He’s making a business decision that I do not agree with, but I respect him as a man and as a player. I hope he gets 2,000 yards rushing and goes 0-12. He will be the all time single-season rushing leader for the c-cks... and our former 2nd-3rd string back.

I Thing Chris Carter....

Aug 3, 2019, 1:16 AM

said it best when he talked about Kelly Bryant leaving.He said that the kids think about the here and now and not the future with the program they are leaving. By going to the Coots Tavien did a lot of damage to himself.

I get it that he want to showcase himself. HE could have done it by working harder,making the most of his playing time as well. When the season was over he could have prepped himself for the combine and showed out.

He should have remembered that Grady J was taken in the 6th round....boy did he get paid last week .

Aug 3, 2019, 8:20 AM

I noticed that TF has dropped the "play for championships" line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Again, CDS is such an impeccable rep for CU

Aug 3, 2019, 11:48 AM

He’s so solid that you know what the answer is before you ask the question when it’s based on a given principle. He stays the same. Remember KB2 and others when they’ve transferred. Don’t focus on the negative, don’t focus on the past, do focus what you CAN have an impact on going forward.

He’ll address it one final time once it’s all done and all is known, and he won’t answer the question again. He’ll focus on the guys he DOES have to work with and keep the team focused on what matters.

All in one great person, what a once-a-generation pick for our university. Thank you Terry Don Phillips!!! CU still owes you big time!!

Roar Tigers

Aug 3, 2019, 1:15 PM

Mr. Feaster came to college like most kids for opportunities at a career. Whether it's finance, engineering, or NFL students should follow what is best for their future. He could have picked a better than SC but Feaster graduated from Clemson and was on 2! nat champ teams. I will think of him as one of our greats

The only SCAR football player to win a national championship***

Aug 4, 2019, 2:36 AM

I think it was a good move.

Aug 5, 2019, 1:24 PM

He wanted to get more playing time. As the new top running back he will probably get to play every down. That's a good thing. On the other hand. It's Carolina and no one will be watching.

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic