Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4 was tough as nails against Bamer... How do yall think TL16 stacks up?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

DW4 was tough as nails against Bamer... How do yall think TL16 stacks up?

Nov 26, 2018, 9:25 PM

I remember, both games. UA gunned for the QB. I believe our OL will have to play inspired if that day happens... Oh well, Beat Pitt and whoever is next!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4 was tough as nails against Bamer... How do yall think TL16 stacks up?

Nov 26, 2018, 9:32 PM

Depends on if he plays smart and avoids hits to the head. He hasn't been fragile so far but has been pretty well protected so far too.

Hard to say because he hasn't been tested yet

Nov 26, 2018, 9:33 PM

thank Goodness.

DW4 was a soph and junior vs Bama TL16 is a freshman

Nov 26, 2018, 9:33 PM

for what its worth.

Re: DW4 was a soph and junior vs Bama TL16 is a freshman

Nov 26, 2018, 9:43 PM

TL has to be as prepared as he can be for the attempts to take him out early. During the 2nd championship game, I'll never forget DW sitting on the ground after getting hit late and the look he gave the Ref like you're kidding me that's not a penalty. He got up and played on getting his revenge with 1 second left.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2018, 9:58 PM

TL will be fine, we needed DW to run in those games. TL just needs an occasional run with the RB’s he has at his disposal. No disrespect to the Wayne Train but ETN makes people miss and runs violently. Toss in Feaster,Coice and Lyn J and there is no real need to run TL.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:13 PM

We didn’t run “well” in either game. We almost ran occasionally just to keep them honest. Remember the QB draw/delay where DW4 would follow Gallman on a designed run play, kinda gimmicky but was just effective enough to keep Bama honest. Watson was clutch as it gets.

TL isn’t as slippery in the pocket or as agile. Maybe that will develop down the road, but the formula to beat Bama precise passing with deep threats and a QB who can avoid pressure/negative plays.

We’ll see.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:16 PM

Point is our RB’s are better now, if we cannot run with these guys then TL will have to stand tall and sling it.

Nov 26, 2018, 11:07 PM

My point is TL won’t have the escapability or run the same QB Draw/Power which was a great equalizer vs them two years in a row. We were not able to run it with KB last year, but the hope is we can back those safeties up, I still don’t see TL running designed QB run plays like DW, and if he does I don’t know if he can get up repeatedly like DW did.

Maybe OSU or Okla. will knock Bama out and we won’t have to worry too much.

Nov 27, 2018, 7:09 AM

You are still missing my original point but I fully understand what you are saying. Once more, our current crop of RB's are far better than the group that played Bama. KB last year kept the ball far too much when the correct read was for the RB to get the ball. We DO NOT NEED TL to run the ball( this is my WHOLE point). TL will be able to unstack the box as he will stand tall and deliver passes to WRU. Once we show an ability to pass ( unlike last year) the opposing defense can choose how they want to die, by the run or pass. TL will run it maybe 3 times a game designed nut may need to scramble for a bit of yards when a pass play breaks down. He has gotten much better about taking the slide or out of bounds since Syracuse game.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:14 PM

DW was his own kind of great, and TL will be his.

TL isn't some pretty boy QB. He a gamer, willing to run and do the dirty work. He has grown A LOT over the past few games.

I think TL is getting his gamer legs under him

Nov 26, 2018, 10:15 PM

he's not on DW4's level yet. he's improving quickly though a

Nov 26, 2018, 10:46 PM

I think he'll get there eventually.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's tougher & more consistent than freshman DW4

Nov 27, 2018, 12:09 AM

That said, DW4 was extremely special as sophomore and junior … lets hope he is equally tough and yes that is asking a lot ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic