Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJU is trying to recruit his former teammate Chris Steele
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 4,747

DJU is trying to recruit his former teammate Chris Steele

May 10, 2019, 8:24 AM

to Clemson.

I'm not sure Dabo would reach out to a transfer though. Kinda weird situation how Steele asked to be moved out of his roomate's room several months ago bc he didn't feel comfortable. Then the roommate gets charged with assault. So now Steele says screw you Mullen, I'm outta here. At least that is how the situation is being spun.

And our DB room seems full anyway.

https://twitter.com/DJUiagalelei/status/1126678018565390337?s=20

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DJU has probably already talked to staff before recruiting

May 10, 2019, 8:34 AM

Steele. Because of how things happwened at Florida,the fasmily is upset. Steele just might go go back to SoCal and stay close to home now.

His #2 was Oregon so I could see him ending up there***

May 10, 2019, 10:45 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJU is trying to recruit his former teammate Chris Steele

May 10, 2019, 8:51 AM

I know the Tigers recruited him before but not sure about now with Sheridan Jones already here and Andrew Booth is coming soon. Although another quality DB wouldn't ever hurt.

Maybe his family needs to talk to DJs family and call Dabo if Clemson is an interest. Stranger things have happened.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 10, 2019, 10:16 AM

With Feaster leaving it does open up another scholarship for the fall and with the issues that UF has had with it, there's a very good chance he would be able to avoid sitting a year. He could even help the team out this fall if approved by the NCAA.

Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it’s got some merit

May 10, 2019, 9:43 AM

If you know this person isn’t a very good guy, I completely understand trying to create a little distance from that, especially not wanting to cohabitate with him.

If you go to your superiors with this concern and don’t feel heard or valued, and then within a few weeks there is a bad situation that could’ve been avoided, it might not be the right place for you.

Re: I think it’s got some merit

May 10, 2019, 10:28 AM

I must admit that many years ago I changed my thoughts about young people. When we grew up, it was the norm that young people should be seen and not heard. That has definitely changed. With social media and tech, they have advantages we never had and when a young man (albeit 18 years old) says a person he is rooming with is a bad person, then he should be believed and not ignored. He was ignored and it cost FL.

As with the latest shooting in Colorado, the students knew the shooter was bad news. Some students told there parents about the threats, the parents told the school administration and they did nothing. We know what happened.

I don't know if everything could have been stopped but at UF, 2 young ladies were assaulted and in Colorado 1 student was killed and 8 wounded.

Just my thoughts.

Message was edited by: saddis56®

May 10, 2019, 10:31 AM

This new transfer rule will be interesting to see how Dabo works with it. Used to be transfer meant the player had 1 maybe 2 years and takes a spot from a potential 4 year player.

Now in this case, Steele he would have 4 years to play in theory, most likely 3 due to talent, and not that much different than a regular recruit.

I’m 99 percent sure Dabo will not go after Steele but he sounds like a great kid and potential fit. Personally, I would worry more about the locker room in situations like this versus the extra talent we could potentially add.

If there is Clemson interest, you can bet guaranteed money

May 10, 2019, 11:13 AM

that Dabo, Venebles and Reed will have thorough background checks completed in Cali and Florida to be sure that Steele won't be a locker room issue... I also don't doubt that before even proceeding on background checks, Steele would have to get a one on one lay down of Tiger law before an offer would even be made and Steele would have to be committed to accepting the offer before spending the time and resources to do the checks... (at least, that is how I would do it) because the media distraction and the attempts to tarnish the Clemson brand are going to happen...

Dabo has in recent years denied a transfer of a player because of those last two situations (the media, tarnish the brand), and he was adamant that he would have to err on the side of caution for the greater good of Clemson even though the player was cleared of the alleged wrong doing...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If there is Clemson interest, you can bet guaranteed money

May 10, 2019, 11:20 AM

95% sure he won't be a Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

certainly***

May 10, 2019, 12:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had a Clemson offer coming out of high school

May 10, 2019, 11:23 AM [ in reply to If there is Clemson interest, you can bet guaranteed money ]

so if anything they'd probably just want to look into the recent events in Gainesville.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If there is Clemson interest, you can bet guaranteed money

May 10, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to If there is Clemson interest, you can bet guaranteed money ]

Steele is not alleged to have done anything wrong.

I didn't infer nor even hint that Steele did anything wrong***

May 10, 2019, 3:10 PM

Those background checks are going to be very interesting

May 10, 2019, 3:57 PM

The kid just turned 18.. ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

18 year olds have backgrounds, check their social media

May 10, 2019, 4:41 PM

and it can tell you a LOT... but to your point, never discount the circles of influence and circle of friends and associates of an 18 year old high profile athlete...

May 10, 2019, 11:38 AM

I think if Dabo were to take a non grad transfer it would be seen as an endorsement of that practice which I don’t think he wants

May 10, 2019, 3:50 PM

I can see both sides and one reason why he wouldn't be offered by Clemson is that he had the opportunity and did not choose Clemson first. On the other hand, if there are no smoke and mirrors here and Steele is only a witness, the he appears to be a standup guy and one that could fit at Clemson.

My guess is 11% Clemson contacts him and 89% he is not contacted.

May 10, 2019, 3:54 PM

Excellent statistical prediction

May 10, 2019, 3:58 PM

Thank you sir. It's an odd kind of day.

Replies: 19
| visibility 4,747
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive