Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Bracket Watch: Brownell makes final NCAA Tourney case for Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Bracket Watch: Brownell makes final NCAA Tourney case for Clemson

Mar 16, 2019, 4:12 PM

Bracket Watch: Brownell makes final NCAA Tourney case for Clemson

Clemson’s NCAA Tournament resume was largely set in stone on Wednesday with a 59-58 loss to NC State in the ACC Tournament second round. Brad Brownell and the T Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

like BB or not... it's a solid argument***

Mar 16, 2019, 4:18 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: like BB or not... it's a solid argument***

Mar 16, 2019, 4:20 PM

A more sold argument would be to not go 1-9 against top quadrant teams

agreed... but it is what it is... and you have to campaign

Mar 16, 2019, 4:22 PM

for you team

I am not saying that Clemson deserves a bid. My point is that, if you are going to consider some of the other "bubble teams", you have to consider Clemson.

There is no excuse for a team with a NET of 80, or 76, (St. Johns and Temple) getting in over a Clemson team with a NET of 35. The NET is an indication of your season.

Thanks for weighing in

Mar 16, 2019, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: like BB or not... it's a solid argument*** ]

Coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

YES, it's a solid argument!***

Mar 16, 2019, 6:36 PM [ in reply to like BB or not... it's a solid argument*** ]

Re: TNET: Bracket Watch: Brownell makes final NCAA Tourney case for Clemson

Mar 16, 2019, 4:27 PM

This is why making the conference tourney champion the automatic qualifier is asinine. You have a team get hot over a 4 or 5 day span and take seeds away from bubble teams who probably deserve to be in the tournament. For me the NIT and NCAA is backwards. The NCAA should make the regular season champs the automatic qualifiers. Too me being the regular season champ should hold way more water than a tourney where you play 4 teams. I know it won't change because tourney basketball whether conference or the Big Dance is a money making venture and they want high stakes in those games. To me though the only fair way is to make the season mean the most and the tourney icing on the cake. I believe the conference tourneys should have no bearing on the NCAA's. A lot of places had Clemson as a first four in before the tourney and now may be the first four out. I mean if that is going to be the case why not just refuse to play in the conference tournament if it has any chance to hurt you?

Mar 16, 2019, 6:44 PM

I agree in theory with what you’re saying but then in your last sentence, you summed it up. There would be no reason to have a conference tournament... i know, you could argue still having a tournament may or may not help a team but imo it would be a case to just get rid of the tournaments all together. That would never fly. Too much money.

You’ve already expanded the tournament twice to 68 teams. The better argument would be to go to 72 teams but even then someone makes a case.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2019, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Bracket Watch: Brownell makes final NCAA Tourney case for Clemson ]

Understand your argument TigerAidan ... but another way to look at it is that the tournament champions are playing their best ball at the end of the year . Maybe that’s because they have matured and gelled - or perhaps have injured players back etc .... but in any case they are playing great ball at tourney time....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 16, 2019, 4:31 PM

This is embarrassing. Clemson should be ABOVE BEGGING to get a bid in the tournament. BB should be ashamed but he's satisfied with mediocrity. Time to move on!

Cooter, your coach was making his case (begging) last week

Mar 16, 2019, 6:39 PM

yep

Mar 16, 2019, 10:24 PM

Ugh ... wish them the best. But very few including me care about this very average team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok Brownell backers. You gotta admit he's sounding A LOT

Mar 17, 2019, 10:17 AM

like a coach WE ALL ridiculed this past, post football season for saying,"We deserve to be in the playoffs at two losses. Go ask that team in the other locker room if they want to play us again."

Sorry but Brownell is about excuses, not winning. I don't recall our years of drought in FootBall ever hearing Dabo make excuses.He always has said winning by one point is all it takes.And the fun is in the winning.

And YES it is FAIR to compare every Clemson coach to Dabo. Because he built our Clemson athletes up to build a winning program.And by all intents and purposes so is Amanda Butler and Monte Lee. The same CANNOT be said for Brad Brownell.This shows he is not what Clemson basketball needs.No Eye of the Tiger in his coaching.

THE END.

disagree... apples and oranges

Mar 17, 2019, 10:25 AM

You absolutely have to lobby for your team. Period.

Especially when your NET, which is what the committee has said they are using to evaluate teams, is one of the strongest of all bubble teams... and its not even close.

I don't think Kirby begging to be in the playoffs (w/o data)

Mar 17, 2019, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Ok Brownell backers. You gotta admit he's sounding A LOT ]

is nearly the same thing as a Brad making a factually backed case for the tournament.

It's two completely different scenarios and levels. Any and every coach is going to lobby for his team, but Kirby begging to be in a 4-team playoff w/ 2-losses and zero supporting data (other than playing Bama "tough") is not the same as Brad making a case to be in a 68-team field and having much supporting data to suggest it.

Mar 17, 2019, 7:47 PM

Brad being close, well that only counts for something in horse shoe's and hand grenades!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic