Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot that goes by TWaynePoole over on FGF...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Coot that goes by TWaynePoole over on FGF...

Apr 28, 2019, 7:45 PM

has a thread going in which he is saying a few years ago we paid $246,000 to sway a DE that was committed to them to switch to us. Then we paid to have his incarcerated father transferred from a Columbia prison to one near Greenville so this kid could be near his father. Anyone heard this Mother Goose tale before and if so to which player is he referring?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the loony coot fantasy regarding XT

Apr 28, 2019, 7:46 PM

I guess cause Muskcramp's got this State locked down and we are in their rear-view mirror, or something like that.
SEC, SEC, SEC!!!

Oh, and they are proud idiot losers.

And here's a trip down memory lane (and LOL at the typically delusional comments):
https://www.garnetandblackattack.com/2017/4/8/15230054/5-star-xavier-thomas-commits-to-clemson-tigers-over-south-carolina-gamecocks

Message was edited by: tiger_swimmer®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

If we pay so well why didn’t we get Joyner and Edwards?

Apr 28, 2019, 8:09 PM

I mean if we’re throwing out a quarter million for a defensive end surely we had enough money to get those guys to play in our defensive secondary. Either we’re not into that or we got outbid for those guys. Which is it coots?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we pay so well why didn’t we get Joyner and Edwards?

Apr 28, 2019, 11:10 PM

That was just a losers lie, they are always bigger liars than the ones just telling a lie!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the loony coot fantasy regarding XT

Apr 28, 2019, 8:41 PM [ in reply to That's the loony coot fantasy regarding XT ]

Yeah, I really liked all the posts about how Alabama would have beaten us for the National Championship if they had Bentley as their QB instead of Hurts. Blew Coke out of my nose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

usually coke goes in your nose***

Apr 28, 2019, 8:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the loony coot fantasy regarding XT

Apr 28, 2019, 11:08 PM [ in reply to That's the loony coot fantasy regarding XT ]

Ahhh, when was XT ever committed to the coots, never heard that before???

Re: Coot that goes by TWaynePoole over on FGF...

Apr 28, 2019, 7:48 PM

I dont think we've flipped a DE from them in sometime, or any recruit for that matter. The last one I can think of was Mark Fields. In general we've been recruiting mostly a different caliber of athlete.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Apr 29, 2019, 7:25 AM

We actually didn't flip Fields. He did that all by himself. There is a story behind it.

That's exactly the character type recruited by Clemson

Apr 28, 2019, 7:50 PM

not to mention paying them on top of that. This is how winner's win. amirite?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How Dabo keeps them out of jail is what...

Apr 28, 2019, 11:16 PM

confuses the gamecocks. SEC coaches try but they aren't as good a DABO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

246 grand? That's ridiculous.

Apr 28, 2019, 11:19 PM

Seriously, who's dropping a quarter of a million on a recruit? Even Nike and Adidas weren't playing that much to the basketball recruits that they were hoping to sign to shoe deals later. Are the coots really stupid enough to think some Clemson booster is going to pay 246 grand for a recruit that he doesn't even have a potential future business relation with?

Not to mention the fact that its kind of hard for most people to just make 250k vanish without a trace. It's not like a multi billion dollar corporation that can hide a few hundred grand here and there.

And we also had the political pull to get his father transferred without any eyebrows being raised?

Apr 29, 2019, 9:06 AM

They have to have some excuse to help them feel better about being so miserably inept. No one wants to admit to failure.

Yes, I know the story. That player was

Apr 29, 2019, 9:20 AM

Jerdavion Clownley. He went on to have a couple of sacks his freshmen year, a steller sophomore bowl game performance on a few plays, and then sit out and take plays off his junior (senior) year due to a plantars wart and bad case of gingivitis. He was allowed to run down the hill on senior day as we knew he was going pro and wouldn't ever step on campus again. He was a top draft pick and has gone on to have a meh pro career so far after being dubbed the greatest prospect since Willie Wayne Kerr. He's also been known to tear up some Hymans seafood whenever he's in Charleston.

Hope this halps.

They're just mad...

Apr 29, 2019, 2:23 PM

because we raised the going rate for DEs beyond their means. Seriously, if they think we pay that much for a DE, what the heck do they we pay for a QB? Common sense is left at the door when entering FGF!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic