Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cool your Jets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Cool your Jets

Jan 23, 2019, 9:12 AM

Everyone slow down with all the complaining about our basketball program, okay? Yes, we are 1-4 right now in ACC play. But guess what? Two of those losses are to the #2 and #3 team in the country. One is to a top 25 team on the road. And one is to a 13-5 team on the road who plays a defense we don't see every day. So if you wanna quit on this team then good on you, you're really showing your colors.

The good news is that the hardest part of our conference schedule has already been played. Buckle down and get ready for a run.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^This^^. This is not football...there’s still half a season to play.

Jan 23, 2019, 9:18 AM

I was disappointed last night but if this team can put together some complete games they have a chance to have a good season.

My jets are on ice .....

Jan 23, 2019, 9:23 AM

well that is good news to hear that we have some good reasons for losing these conference games. . Hope we can get on 7-8 game winning streak. We will need that to have a chance to get into the tourney. Wish we had won a couple more pre-conference schedule games. We need every win we can get right now in a big way. Otherwise, the fact is that we are a program that goes to tourney once every four or five years. But as long as we have good reasons to lose, well, shoot, then who is complaining ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe the 1-4 ACC start is not surprising if not

Jan 23, 2019, 9:30 AM

expected but when you combine that with a weak non conference schedule that includes losses to Creighton and a home loss to Nebraska, that ain't good. This team will have to finish above 500 in ACC play to make the tourney and I just don't see that happening.

The non-conference schedule was fine, problem was...

Jan 23, 2019, 10:16 AM

Losing 3 games. None of those losses would keep us out of the tournament (Nebraska has floated around the top 25 and Miss. State is in top 25). Creighton is usually a good program.
We had a couple of wins over UGA and SCAR, and beat a couple of solid mid-major teams. But none of those wins would put us into the tournament.

We will need to finish 10-8 in ACC play and perhaps steal a tournament win to be comfortably in. We’ll have to beat a ranked team or two to do that. Haven’t seen everyone play yet, but it seems like the league is deeper this year. Will be very tough. We need to string together a few wins and get some confidence back. But I’m pretty skeptical at this point.

I just have to disagree about the losses to Creighton

Jan 23, 2019, 10:24 AM

and Nebraska not keeping us out of the tourney. If we are a bubble team, those are the type losses the committee will look at. Problem is we don't have a single win at this point over a team that looks like a tournament team.

We pretty much have to win out

Jan 23, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to The non-conference schedule was fine, problem was... ]

Finish +20W BEFORE the ACCT. We have NO signature wins so far this year. You need a couple of those also. Beat NCSt on Saturday would help, but I am going skiing ............. I'll read about it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell em 54%***

Jan 23, 2019, 9:44 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deja Vu all over again.***

Jan 23, 2019, 9:53 AM

At some point, we’ll have to beat a ranked team or 2...

Jan 23, 2019, 10:19 AM

To be a tournament team.
And we might have to do it on the road.
Pretty sure the SCAR win is our best win so far...and they were missing a couple of guys that night.
Time to win some games.

Re: Cool your Jets

Jan 23, 2019, 12:23 PM

I agree but we had that game last night and couldn't take control. We cannot shot a 3 and we cannot defend it. That is a problem and it is going to be hard to beat anybody in the ACC like that. Our schedule looks good now tho but we need to best UNC and VT at home. A win Saturday is almost a must tho for confidence imo.

Jan 23, 2019, 12:31 PM

I think we could still win 7 or 8 more games this season. I bet we win 7 and go to the NIT. The season isn't over. That was a huge loss though yesterday.

Jan 23, 2019, 12:34 PM

If we only lose 4 more games, beat UNC and VT, and win a couple in the ACC tourney we will be in the big dance. Who knows. We have to improve tho. We play great in the first half but not the second.

Jan 23, 2019, 12:46 PM

You are very right about that, we seem to play a good first half and then seem to fall apart second half. This team needs to make some serious changes and fast if we want to have a shot at making the tourney, which I hate to say but seems unlikely at this time. Not that we can’t turn things around, we just need to kick it in to overdrive and get going fast. I really hope this team can turn things around. Go Tigers!!!

Jan 23, 2019, 12:50 PM

We just don't have that one guy to go to when needed. If we had a Greg Buckner or someone like that we would be fine. We go to Reed who gets out of control.

Jan 23, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Cool your Jets ]

If we win 8 more that gives us 20 wins. I wonder if that gets us in? As far as UNC, I don't see us beating them.

Jan 23, 2019, 12:55 PM

We definitely lead the league in good losses for whatever that is worth.

My question is why do teams always hit record 3 point shots against us?

FSU was shooting 24% as a team from 3 and last night they were at 50%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2019, 1:22 PM

I have noticed that as well, even miss st hit a record amount of 3s against us it just shows for some reason teams can hit 3s against us, idk if it has something to do with the 3 point defense or the ball is just fallin in for teams when playing us. Prob is a little of both bad defense and teams just hitting their shots. We def are missing devo’s 3 shooting. I think this team will be NIT bound even tho I’d love to make the tourney I don’t see it happening, major changes would need to happen and this game against NC st is a must win. I don’t want to be that guy but it might be time to start lookin for a replacement for brownell but we will see how things go. Go Tigers!!

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic