Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cookout visitors (per TCI)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Cookout visitors (per TCI)

Jul 23, 2019, 9:07 AM

5-star Weekend Ahead with All In Cookout

It’s that time of year again – Swinney and the Tigers are set to hold their marquee summer recruiting event, the All In Cookout, on Friday evening.

As you probably know, the All In Cookout is intended to be a fun, laid-back social gathering for Clemson’s commitments and a select few priority targets, their families, and the coaching staff. The cookout is designed to help the Tigers emphasize their family culture and usually features activities such as a wiffle ball home run derby and some sort of food-eating contest.

Most of Clemson’s 2020 commits are expected in town Friday, along with several of the Tigers’ top remaining targets in this cycle.

Two of Clemson’s wide receiver targets are slated to be in attendance, in Phenix City (Ala.) Central’s E.J. Williams and Clearwater (Fla.) Academy International’s Ajou Ajou.

Williams, a longtime target, is still scheduled to announce his commitment decision on Aug. 24. He has taken official visits to Tennessee, LSU and Auburn, but Clemson remains in the driver’s seat heading into the cookout.
Like Williams, Ajou was most recently on campus during the Swinney Camp in June. Ajou picked up an offer from the Tigers following his performance at the camp. Nebraska hosted Ajou for an official visit in late June and appears to be Clemson’s chief competition.

One of the five-stars that we have confirmed is planning to be at the cookout is the nation’s No. 1 tight end, Arik Gilbert of Marietta (Ga.). This will be his first known visit to Clemson since he attended the Tigers’ elite junior day back in January. Gilbert, who has long been a heavy Georgia lean, plans to take official visits in the fall before he makes his decision. The Tigers have their work cut out for them if they are to make up ground on the Bulldogs, but the cookout presents a great opportunity. Alabama and Tennessee are other schools in the mix.

Upland (Calif.) five-star linebacker Justin Flowe will also make his highly anticipated return to Clemson for the cookout following a brief visit to campus in March. We have said for a while that the Tigers are in a good spot with Flowe, though there is a ways to go as he is in no hurry to make his decision. He has been getting the full-court press from Clemson’s commits and Friday will be a great chance for him to bond with the Tiger commits.

Last but not least, as we reported in our Insider Report a few weeks ago, Columbia (S.C.) Hammond School five-star defensive end Jordan Burch is expected to be back on campus for the cookout.

We have said for a while that Burch’s attendance or lack thereof at the cookout would give a signal of where the Tigers stand. Burch keeps his recruitment and what he is thinking very close to the vest, but this visit for the cookout reaffirms that Clemson is still very much in the mix.

Burch’s recruitment is a battle between Clemson and South Carolina, with Alabama and Georgia also in contention, and this one could go in a lot of different directions. If Burch makes it to campus as expected, it will be a critical weekend in his recruitment and give the Tigers a great chance to make a move.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cookout visitors (per TCI)

Jul 23, 2019, 9:17 AM

Burch needs to go ahead and commit to us at the Cookout. Maybe post a video of him eating ice cream with a Clemson hat on.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless he’s also announcing a transfer to IMG

Jul 23, 2019, 9:36 AM

I wouldn’t get your hope up

I'm a little wary of the Gilbert attendance.

Jul 23, 2019, 9:51 AM

I hope he isn't a Dawg Trojan horse.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

We have a legit shot

Jul 23, 2019, 9:54 AM

The coaches wouldn’t invite him if they didn’t think so.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Legit is a relative term

Jul 23, 2019, 10:12 AM

I don’t think he’s there to recruit for UGA but this feels like a last ditch effort. Would be shocked if he doesn’t end up at UGA at this point.

It's pretty hard to turn down a free Ford Raptor

Jul 23, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to I'm a little wary of the Gilbert attendance. ]

Re: Cookout visitors (per TCI)

Jul 23, 2019, 10:55 AM

Not trying to be critical, but you really shouldn’t post that here. A link is the correct way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic