Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congratulations from TheU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Congratulations from TheU

Dec 6, 2017, 11:07 AM

Guys,

Just wanted to offer my belated congratulations on the ACC Championship win. Was traveling the past few days. As a Miami alum, I had hoped we closed the gap with the Tigers and could pull out a victory. Needless to say, we were outclassed across the board. It didn't help that we were missing so many weapons on offense, but I don't know that having Walton, Herndon Richards and others would have made the difference. Still, I'm optimistic we'll be better next year.

Clemson is the measuring stick in the ACC, and I truly hope the Tigers can repeat as National Champions and keep the Natty in the ACC family. You guys are a class act, and Dabo is just a fantastic coach. Hope we can meet in the ACC Championship again next year.

Oh, and I saw the fight between Clemson and Miami fans that broke out in the stands. I have no idea who started it, but on behalf of Miami alums, I just want to say that I'm embarrassed to see stuff like this. I've always been treated exceptionally well by ACC fans, and truly feel like the ACC is a family despite the heated rivalries. Unfortunately, we do have a contingent of jagoffs who give us a bad rap. We have a lot of respect for the Tigers, and those yahoos don't reflect most of our fans.

Anyway, I'll be rooting for the Tigers in the playoffs. Good luck.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks, good luck in the bowl game.***

Dec 6, 2017, 11:11 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congratulations from TheU

Dec 6, 2017, 11:11 AM

Good post Sir

theU has been weighed

Dec 6, 2017, 11:13 AM

theU has been measured, and theU has been found wanting. In what world could theU possibly beat Clemson?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Chill, bro

Dec 6, 2017, 11:16 AM

The guy went out on a limb and stuck his next out simply to congratulate us and humble himself after defeat.

Got to respect that. Very difficult to do. Its akin to congratulating WVU after the debacle in 2011.

Re: Chill, bro

Dec 6, 2017, 12:59 PM

^ Guessing this guy doesn't get the Knight's Tale movie reference.

Classy post, all the best to TheU in future

Dec 6, 2017, 11:16 AM

and may we keep sports in its proper perspective always. This was our year, but the gap is not as wide perhaps as the score. All the best.

classy post is classy***

Dec 6, 2017, 11:17 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post and thank you for coming back after the game.

Dec 6, 2017, 11:20 AM

None of us should tolerate behavior like that from our fan bases. We'll never get rid of all of it but we should always send the message, as you just said, that we don't approve of it.

Congrats on an amazing season.

null

Fine show of good sportsmanship

Dec 6, 2017, 11:22 AM

wish I could say the same of GeeVillTiger. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thx 92..

Dec 6, 2017, 11:25 AM

Know that I had several fun pre-game conversations with Cane fans since i "too" had a necklace with a huge desk size paperweight replica of last year's gawdy Natty Ring designed by DaBO..

and the sight of it sparked fun conversation as well as a group pic to show it off along with their famous gold Bling.

Also, i rode thru downtown Charlotte couple hours b/4 game to view the many highly energized & decorated Miami fans..and smiled that they not only out-numbered Tiger Fans (there) but were casing out the city's best downtown eating spots & the many museums (like Nascar).

So yes, i was impressed by the super Cane Fan turnout and as i mentioned more than once to a few of them.."it's a pleasure & treat to have the opportunity to play against someone in a Championship game not named VT, UNC or Alabama"!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pic of Natty necklace?

Dec 6, 2017, 11:29 AM

Could be on to something with that, Bill. Especially when we play Bama this year. I'm sure they would love to see Tiger fans walking around their backyard with them on.

Dec 6, 2017, 11:26 AM

We appreciate it. Very gracious of you. Now go smash Wisconsin!!!! May I suggest you set up a “cheese buffet” just outside the stadium? That’ll keep their stands empty and leave only 3 badgers availability to play, being Coached by an intern trainer. It’s sneaky but very effective.

Dec 6, 2017, 11:31 AM

Much respect & thank you kindly. Saying congratulations in the wake of defeat says a lot about one’s character.

Good luck to you all in the future. Personally, I’m glad to see the U back in the mix. Happy Holiday season!

Was one of the fighters a Cane fan? I thought they were

Dec 6, 2017, 11:39 AM

neutral.

Dec 6, 2017, 11:44 AM

Thank you sir. Now go whoop them Badgers.

Thank you. Good luck in your bowl.***

Dec 6, 2017, 11:46 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 6, 2017, 11:47 AM

Thank you for your kind remarks. I hope for the day when we can enjoy the banter with fans of our opponents without resorting to the animosity we now experience on a regular basis.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congratulations from TheU- thanks and good post

Dec 6, 2017, 12:37 PM

yep none of us likes to see the crowd fights regardless of who is involved. You can see that junk in the stands at the NFL games. No one needs that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Post. From what I saw of Miami fans, the fight was not

Dec 6, 2017, 12:46 PM

indicative of either fan base. Banter was prevalent everywhere but mostly fun - sometimes loud. Miami and Clemson have earned the right to be proud. Hope you had a good time, and beat the Badger - on the field of course. (Got to get me some bling)

Dec 6, 2017, 1:02 PM

Thanks for the class post, and look forward to seeing how your team progresses. Btw, the "who started it"... Was a person it seems not affiliated with either school. A guy from Tennessee. He was arrested.

Coach Mark is my second favorite coach in the world.

Dec 6, 2017, 1:04 PM

I don't know if you're familiar with his history of throwing trouble makers off his team or his relentless passion for community service but he is tops, imo.

I didn't expect he could wrangle those redworms you call football players into a legitimate team so soon. You guys will be in the driver's seat in your division for a long time.

Now go and make Clemson look good by kicking some butt!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 6, 2017, 1:46 PM

Classy post.

Miami had a great year and your recruiting class looks awesome. Good things are ahead for you guys. I'm sure we'll see you again the ACC Championship game.

Continue to kick butt and win all of your out-of-conference games. This make us all look better !!!

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic