Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congratulations!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Congratulations!

Jan 17, 2017, 10:42 AM

So it's been some time since I last posted on Tigernet... or rather, was allowed to post on Tigernet :) But after your accomplishment last week I requested from the mods the opportunity to post again.

Any of you that remember me, you know that this is pretty tough. But, those of you that got to know me in any depth at all probably can vouch for the sincerity of this post. So here goes...

Congratulations to the entire Tiger family on what is just a remarkable and fantastic accomplishment. It was hard-fought, and well earned in every respect. Clemson has the absolute, bar-none, unable to dispute, best football team in the country. (And probably for the past 2 years). Deshaun Watson is probably the best single NFL prospect I have ever seen with my own eyes. He has the pocket presence, arm, mobility, intelligence, leadership, and calm-ice-cold-killer-instinct to succeed in anything he does; but I am sure that will be on NFL football fields first. That Watson isn't a 2 time Heisman trophy winner is a joke. Coach Swinney has overcome adversity so many times in his life, it's inspirational. The suggestion from rivals has always been that Dabo can't coach. That he's a cheerleader at worst, and nothing but a good recruiter at best. Well... to that i say "Whatever." That "cheerleader" assembled the baddest bunch of coaches and players we've seen in a long time and just beat the hell out of everybody with them. If you want more than that out of a head coach you are delusional. That football game was an instant classic, but I honestly never doubted the eventuality of Clemson winning. Clemson out-classed Bama in every way that night. They out-classed the whole country this year. Kudos tigers. Kudos.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

Wow Toogie, a blast from the past. how the h$!! are you?

Jan 17, 2017, 10:45 AM

what is your opinion on the State of the C0$K? Where do you see yourself (HONESTLY) finishing next year?

Cheers
jtiger1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Man... if life were any better I'd need 2 of me to enjoy it

Jan 17, 2017, 11:03 AM

And that isn't just smoke. I am blessed beyond measure and certainly more than I deserve.

As for my team... I am overall happy with what Muschamp did in his first year. I didn't expect to win more games than in 2015. So it's hard to hate that too much... although that last game against USF would have been a better ending obviously. It's easy to let Clemson's success tarnish what is going on at USC. But we are in completely different "seasons". So... I like Muschamps and Co's energy on the recruiting trail. I like their philosophy they are trying to implement on the field. I like that the players they have today don't seem to give up at a personal level. I like that the academic pressure is still in place. I like that financial giving remains high and that the facilities continue to improve at a rapid pace. USC is a start up company; with I think a positive future with the current leadership. So i hope we continue to support him/them. I think USC will be successful under Muschamp. Success is relative, and that's more obvious and stark today with Clemson as a champion. If Muschamp can win a conference or national title at USC is yet to be seen. But I remember a stretch at USC in which we won double digit victories for a couple years. That felt pretty good. I'd take that again eventually... even if Clemson wins the national title.

Next year? Lord, who knows. For now, I just am happy with what appears to be another decent year of recruiting under Muschamp. I hope we can show more improvement next year.

Re: Man... if life were any better I'd need 2 of me to enjoy it

Jan 17, 2017, 11:18 AM

I think this year was all smoke and mirrors. You guys played the easiest schedule you've had in years and still only won 6 games. Next year will be the same because somehow the schedule is even easier than it was this year. You guys won't have a true measuring stick until you play Alabama/LSU/Auburn again as a crossover game and start scheduling better OOC opponents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You had me until "academic pressure"***

Jan 17, 2017, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Man... if life were any better I'd need 2 of me to enjoy it ]

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Man... if life were any better I'd need 2 of me to enjoy it

Jan 18, 2017, 1:26 AM [ in reply to Man... if life were any better I'd need 2 of me to enjoy it ]

Mustcan't and the coots played a very easy schedule last year and couldn't win the SEC least side of that conference. Also take into consideration that Mustcan't couldn't win at Florida in the middle of one of the richest recruiting grounds as the state of Florida is, at the university of Florida. So please tell what would ever make you egg hatching chickens believe that Mustcan't can win at usuc. Rest assured that Tigers fans every where can't see an end of beating up on y'all as long as Mustcan't is there as the HC. Nice try though!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

btw, thanks for the kind words***

Jan 17, 2017, 10:46 AM

Best Is The Standard

ThX Toogie & welcome back!

Jan 17, 2017, 10:46 AM

Now, gut to run since IT's ON! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you're back. Hope you stick around.***

Jan 17, 2017, 10:50 AM

Re: Congratulations!

Jan 17, 2017, 10:51 AM

Thank you for the post. Very classy. +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 11:00 AM

awesome post. Thanks!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the post and kind words. I agree with everything you said and know that had to be hard to write.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow Toogie's ghost

Jan 17, 2017, 11:06 AM

been a long time ole pal.

Thanks for the kind words.

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Thanks Toogie, you're a class act!

Jan 17, 2017, 11:10 AM

It's for fans like you that I hope our rivalry becomes competative. It will be good for both of our programs.

Toogie... as I live and breathe.

Jan 17, 2017, 11:14 AM

Good to see you.

I'm rarely on here too. Just isn't the same around here. Chance to say "hi" to you was worth logging in.

Best to you and yours all but the last Saturday in November.

Give #COOTFORLIFE my best

I am a bitter and angry man.

what did you do to get banned 4 years ago?***

Jan 17, 2017, 11:19 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to remember. But I am sure it was well deserved.***

Jan 17, 2017, 11:29 AM

Re: Hard to remember. But I am sure it was well deserved.***

Jan 17, 2017, 1:26 PM

Swearinger Is playing with a Tiger or two on his team. He has matured and stopped standing over those he's tackled with all his words hanging out.

It's good to see you back, so much has changed for our programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

sooooooo, you came on here and acted like an a$$ after a

Jan 17, 2017, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Hard to remember. But I am sure it was well deserved.*** ]

coot victory, but contracted amnesia over the last 4 years? How convenient

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RA'd***

Jan 17, 2017, 11:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

Jan 17, 2017, 5:07 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Wow. Never seen such a successful transzoological operation

Jan 17, 2017, 11:51 AM

and didn't even think it was possible to completely change from a chicken to Tiger. Your intellect, reasoning, and manners are so developed that it's astounding.

How long did it take? How much did it cost?

What part of the operation hurt the most? Stretching that pea brain to full Tiger size?

Anyways, thanks for all the kind words and welcome to the top of the food chain. It's great being an apex predator isn't it?

Go Tigers!

WOW Proof of reincarnation here on TigerNet!!!

Jan 17, 2017, 12:23 PM

;)

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Blast from the past!!

Jan 17, 2017, 12:55 PM

Its amazing that after all the hate and discontent that he brought to the board, the site of "Toogie" is a pleasant surprise.

Thanks for the heartfelt post, and I really don't disagree with your current assessment of the #####.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you get the mods to un-ban DSP as well??

Jan 17, 2017, 1:09 PM

TIA

;)

Wow! A blast from the past! Hope all is well!***

Jan 17, 2017, 1:17 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

welcome back toogie, it has been a while!***

Jan 17, 2017, 1:32 PM

Lost a bet did you?

Jan 17, 2017, 1:33 PM

Really should not have bet your reputation on Bama beating Clemson...come on man, you should know better!

;)

COOT***

Jan 17, 2017, 1:49 PM

Toogie? More like BOOGIE!

Jan 17, 2017, 1:57 PM

You know, like a booger? Like he got picked out of a nose and whiped under a desk.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations for going 6-7!

Jan 17, 2017, 2:13 PM

hope you can do it again next year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Toogie!!!! (Welcome back!)***

Jan 17, 2017, 3:22 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the congrats

Jan 17, 2017, 3:25 PM

Your next mission is to talk some sense into FGF and the rest of coot nation.

Good luck with that ;)

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Where's your scok, G&B?

Jan 17, 2017, 3:35 PM

Good to hear from you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2017, 3:37 PM

Thanks for coming back around bro. We appreciate the kind words!

Thumbed down - Toogie is still a coot!

Jan 17, 2017, 4:27 PM

I kid, I kid. I thumbed up that post :)

Welcome back Toogie! Nice to see a coot with some

Jan 17, 2017, 5:08 PM

brains for an honest assessment of Clemson :)

Photobucket

Jan 17, 2017, 6:06 PM

Thanks, Toogie! We are certainly blessed at Clemson to have our "cheerleader" coach and sure hope we keep him a long, long time.

Toogie Help Us Out .... Go Find That ######## Manafold

Jan 17, 2017, 6:13 PM

And punch him in the junk. That dude has the ###### bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Been a long time! Just realized I haven't seen you on here

Jan 17, 2017, 6:23 PM

In years. Thanks for the words.

Thank you, Toogie. Almost like having our friend,

Jan 18, 2017, 1:32 AM

House Coot on here, who has been missing in action.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome back Toogie!***

Jan 18, 2017, 2:07 AM

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic