Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats to the Toronto Raptors....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 2,549

Congrats to the Toronto Raptors....

Jun 13, 2019, 11:48 PM

World Champs!!...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats to the Toronto Raptors....

Jun 13, 2019, 11:51 PM

Yes..........

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Jun 14, 2019, 4:45 AM

Naaa, I'm not in the crowd of Americans cheering for another country being called Champions of an American sport. For me personally, I'm 100% American when it comes to Football, Baseball, and Basketball, and I'm not cheering for or congratulating another country winning the championship of those 3 sports!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 6:32 AM

Kind of an international sport. They have some passionate fans. Basketball is such an international sport, unlike football. Also, basketball was invented by a Canadian here in the US of course. Naismith was Canadian. Also, found this out yesterday, but the first NBA game took place in Canada. It doesnt feel to me like some foreigners won our title, even if it is the case.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're being awfully generous this morning. The team

Jun 14, 2019, 7:37 AM

that played in that game, Huskies, went out-of-business after one year and didn't return to Toronto for almost 50. And the NBA wasn't remotely the NBA when the professional leagues began back in the day - there were several.

Also, it's hard to say Canada as a whole embraced the NBA when Vancouver lasted all of 6ish years? Naismith might have been Canadian born, but he earned his notoriety in 'Murica - everyone's from somewhere.

I don't NBA at all anymore, but for me, it's mostly nice to see a new team at the top, even if that team calls Canada home - so gratz to the Raptors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're being awfully generous this morning. The team

Jun 14, 2019, 9:09 AM

Yeah they have some passionate fans in Toronto. Vancouver just wasnt into it. I guess like Seattle wasnt into it or San Diego wasnt into it. Toronto has a top 5 attendance in the league though.

If you've not been to Toronto, it's a "nice" US city...

Jun 14, 2019, 9:46 AM

with perhaps the largest population in the world of 'Muricans living outside the good ole USofA. I preferred Windsor once, after a few too many adult beverages and a Detroit-New Jersey playoff game... haha.

Toronto's been good, not always the case and naturally attendance languished then. Vancouver never had a chance all things considered, not sure why that franchise happened at all. Seattle had a rabid following, small out-dated arena and local gov't balked at new digs, Okie City ponied up.

It's a shame for me to see the Clevelands, LA Rams, Oakland Raiders, Seattle Supersonics and other "proud" franchises abandon their roots, but 'Murica!

Anyways, let's not give those dastardly Dudley Do'wrongs too much credit, it's 'Murican Basketball, not that sissy international brand.

Bring back hand-checking; Jordan would have averaged 50 in today's game.

Have a great weekend Carlsbad®. Be well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you've not been to Toronto, it's a "nice" US city...

Jun 14, 2019, 9:48 AM

I have never been to Canada. Anyway, same to you.

Re: If you've not been to Toronto, it's a "nice" US city...

Jun 14, 2019, 10:15 AM [ in reply to If you've not been to Toronto, it's a "nice" US city... ]

Yes, and hoping that all of Tiger members have a great weekend if possible!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're being awfully generous this morning. The team

Jun 14, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: You're being awfully generous this morning. The team ]

LMAO bc, I haven't watched a single NBA game in several years, and talking like I'm an avid fan when that is totally incorrect. So I will put it like this, I am an American, and no matter what competition Americans are in, my only concern is that the Americans come out on top or in first place, now that's better!!!!

Jun 14, 2019, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to the Toronto Raptors.... ]

Toronto is basically just Northeast Detroit anyway

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to the Toronto Raptors.... ]

Americans and America made the sport what it is today regardless of who thought up the game, or where the first game was played. Like you until yesterday and myself today, I have always believed that it was an American sport, and it is really being that Americans probably have more people playing basketball that any where in the world. And I believe that it is professionally played more in American than any where in the world. In American colleges,Basketball in one of the top 3 college sports. Also, as a full blooded American, I will always pull for the Americans over any other country in the world. I'm not trying or attempting to be difficult, I'm just being 100% honest with myself, and relaying my personal opinion on Tiger Net....;)

Jun 14, 2019, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to the Toronto Raptors.... ]

Jun 14, 2019, 8:25 AM

Is this llama girl as a child or maybe her offspring?

I gave you the TU

Jun 14, 2019, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to the Toronto Raptors.... ]

For your legit American spirit, but I’m pretty sure a Canadian invented basketball.

Jun 14, 2019, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to the Toronto Raptors.... ]

Lol

CANADA SUCKS ***

Jun 14, 2019, 4:51 AM

That's not nice, but I am surprised Trump hasn't...

Jun 14, 2019, 7:28 AM

cleaned that crap hole up, then flipped it for a profit?

Happy Friday e'ryone.

You have a strong opinion about Canada.***

Jun 14, 2019, 7:44 AM [ in reply to CANADA SUCKS *** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: You have a strong opinion about Canada.***

Jun 14, 2019, 2:47 PM

I think that Canada is a great place, and about every summer of my teenage years were spent in a small country community about 50 miles outside a city called Regina in Saskatchewan, Canada. I would go there during the summer with the dad of a good friend of mine. He was a professional field trial Bird dog trainer, and bc of the snakes in the south, he had to do all his summer training in Canada, and I would go with him, and I absolutely loved it!!! We usually took about 25 of his best dogs that done the most of the winning, he would rent 6 horses and a medium size farm house for 3 of us, and that's I would do when school over about every summer, and as I've said, I loved going and loved to help train those dogs!!!

Build the wall!

Jun 14, 2019, 8:15 AM [ in reply to CANADA SUCKS *** ]

The Red Menace is real.

Re: CANADA SUCKS ***

Jun 14, 2019, 8:21 AM [ in reply to CANADA SUCKS *** ]

Weed is legal is Canada....so no it does not suck.

Cool, why don't you move there then?***

Jun 14, 2019, 8:31 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jun 14, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: CANADA SUCKS *** ]

Using that logic North Korea doesnt suck.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 14, 2019, 9:18 AM

Is weed legal in NK?

so do the warriors***

Jun 14, 2019, 10:30 AM [ in reply to CANADA SUCKS *** ]

Is the NBA still in existence?

Jun 14, 2019, 8:34 AM

I hadn't noticed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

We now head into the dark period that is baseball.***

Jun 14, 2019, 9:22 AM

Jun 14, 2019, 9:55 AM

So long as the Boston Celtics never sniff another championship I really have no preference .
Would've been nice if my Sixers could've taken it this year .
They're a pretty good team right now though .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

GO RAPTORS!

Jun 14, 2019, 9:56 AM

Great win for Toronto.

Some of y’all need to work on your geography. Toronto isn’t all that close to Detroit.

Some of y’all need to be reminded of your history. It was Canadians who led the attack on Juno Beach on D-Day. It was Canadians who have stood shoulder to shoulder with us in the Middle East and elsewhere since 9/11.

President Reagan warned us of the dangers, however tempting, of American isolationism.

“We have learned that isolationism never was and never will be an acceptable response to tyrannical governments.”

As a member of our Armed Forces, I am grateful for Canada and their efforts to preserve and promote democracy globally. I am grateful for the sacrifices they have made.

Canada is one of our allies.

And Dabo likes the Raptors too. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

They did burn the White House down that one time***

Jun 14, 2019, 2:51 PM

Replies: 30
| visibility 2,549
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic