Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats to the Committee for kinda getting it right.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 386

Congrats to the Committee for kinda getting it right.

Dec 2, 2018, 1:05 PM

Bama / Georgia was a play in game for Georgia, they lost, so they're out. They actually (in my mind, at least) gave Bama the tougher matchup, but compensated by putting them in the Orange Bowl, so that EVERYBODY has to travel a long way, no "home field advantage" for the Land Thieves. Given the way that the games ACTUALLY PLAYED OUT ON THE FIELD, I am happy with what they did.

Here is what is wrong with "Herbie Logic". Lets say, hypothetically since we all know the SEC is the strongest thing since 3 day old dog crap, that during a hypothetical season, you have SEC teams ranked 1, 2, and 3. Now, you have another SEC team that ONLY LOST to those 3 teams. By Herbie Logic, they should be ranked #4, despite those 3 losses, since it was not their fault the schedule made them play the top 3 teams in the country.

Losses on the field matter. I firmly believe, as I started out saying, that the Committee looked at Georgia as having had, and blown, their shot yesterday. That same logic, looking at the 29 point O31O State loss to a mediocre Purdue team, kept the Bucknuts from having a shot. Even though Oklahoma is only half a great team, their one loss, which they avenged, was by 3 to a pretty good Texas team.
The End

ps,
GO, TIGERS, KICK SOME GOLDEN DOMER BUTTOCKS! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 386
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic