Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,527

Congrats.

Sep 15, 2019, 6:30 PM

Off to a great start. From an outsider, it looks to me like the offense is not clicking like it did last year at the end of the season, and you are still dominating everyone you play. Once the offense gets really clicking..... Wow!!

Now, y'all can have fun piling on me. When Taggart I was hired I thought he was a great hire. Now, I have changed my opinion to where I expect us to let him coach 4 years and then replace him. We are gonna be in for a long, dry spell. We are a combination of undisciplined and also have poor execution, both offense and defense. Both of those relate directly to coaching. I know y'all struggled with Kevin Steele as your DC. Well, we have our version of Steele - Harlon Barnett.

As Coach Venabels said in his post game interview, "You want to play well. If the players don't play well, that means we didn't do a good job coaching them." (I love your entire staff. Every time I hear any of them speak to the media they are pure class - very humble and thankful. They are great ambassadors for Clemson.)

Well, for 3 weeks, our coaches have done an amazingly poor job coaching.

Looks like I will have to be content to root for my second favorite team in football. Y'all just keep winning and enjoying the ride. I remember how much fun it was for Nole fans in the 90s. Cherish these times.

And, just keep winning.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think taggert will last this season?...***

Sep 15, 2019, 6:32 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$20 M buyout would be a tough one to stomach!

Sep 15, 2019, 6:34 PM

for FSU anyway

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: You think taggert will last this season?...***

Sep 15, 2019, 7:03 PM [ in reply to You think taggert will last this season?...*** ]

Yes, unless the worst case scenario happens (which is possible, but not likely).

It would cost 20 million to fire him in December. FSU doesn't have a Phil Knight or a T Boone Pickens (RIP) to write that kind of check.And, then on top of that sign another guy to a multi-year 30 million dollar contract.

I think, because of finances, he'll get 4 years.

Now, if he completely loses the team and we end up 2-10 or 3-9 that might change. But, I think even a 4-8 season (quite possible as horribly as the defense is playing) won't get him fired.

Note: I first visited TigerNet because I love to follow the coaching carousel. I joined here when y'all were in the process that ended up with Tommy Bowden being hired.

So, I've already got my short list for who, if I were AD, I would be haivng my representative contact their agents "just in case."

Right now, my problem is who would want to leave where they are now and come to FSU. Whenever our job opens it won't be nearly as attractive as it was when we hired Taggart.

But, here is my list, as of today.

1. Josh Huepel. (But, I figure he will be headed to Oklahoma whenever Lincoln Riley goes to the NFL.)

Others, in no particular order: Matt Rhule, Baylor - Mike Norvell, Memphis - Seth Littrell, N TX ST - Matt Campbell, IA ST (but I don't think he would come)

If we had to go the assistant route, Tony Elliott would be on my list, but I think when he wantsw a HC job there will be an offer from a school better than FSU.

That's another reason I think Taggart gets a long leash. Who can we hire to replace him?

Who can you hire? FSU still has a brand name

Sep 15, 2019, 9:33 PM

You won a National Championship just a few years back. Why would Matt Campbell turn you down?

The culture is a disaster right now. That changes with the right coach. Taggert is not that guy, he's in over his head. But any number of quality coaches would jump at the job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congrats.

Sep 15, 2019, 6:37 PM

I hope he stay with you forever

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 7:04 PM

If I were a Clemson fan, or a UNC fan, or an NCSU fan, or........., I'd be hoping that as well.

Sep 15, 2019, 8:13 PM

Ever think of a swap for Muschamp, even trade on buyouts at least.

The fact that y’all couldn’t run up and clock the ball at

Sep 15, 2019, 7:08 PM

the end of regulation spoke volumes to what you describe.

What in the world was that RT thinking?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the kind words

Sep 15, 2019, 7:10 PM

Your team had an incredible, extended run for basically 25 years. Things have been rough for a couple of years, but the capital generated during that run will continue to provide advantages for years to come. You just have to find the right guy at the top, and sadly Taggart isn’t it.

FWIW, my mom is an FSU grad, but she is a Clemson fan #1 and a Florida fan #2 (nursing school).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never did I ever think FSU would ever get as low as you have

Sep 15, 2019, 7:10 PM

I guess it's a good reminder to all of us to enjoy the good times because you just never know what tomorrow holds.

Hope y'all get [a little better] soon. Seasons aren't nearly as fun without real competition.

Our current situation reminds me of the Noles in the 90s***

Sep 15, 2019, 7:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take it from this life long Tiger fan

Sep 15, 2019, 8:09 PM

I want FSU to be FSU again. I miss waking up on the morning of the game with y’all all jacked up because it’s Clemson v/s FSU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Sep 15, 2019, 8:22 PM

I wouldnt worry too much. Saban keeps hiring more assistants.

Blame Dumbo Fisher....

Sep 15, 2019, 8:34 PM

...he instilled most of the culture of the FB program that is currently causing y'all problems. Lack of discipline, lack of accountability, cover-ups.

On offense we are actually ahead of where we normally are in September. We always start off slow as the puzzle is put together.

FSU needs to get better because it'll be better for the league.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2019, 8:47 PM

Thanks for kind words, I thought you were going to say Taggart had 4 games not 4 years... he's demonstrated he's not up to the job. I have nothing to add to your analysis. Venables is gold, as are all the coaches. Offense will get on track...

I know I am the black sheep in this...

Sep 15, 2019, 10:09 PM

But I actually think taggart will be there a while. I think after this year, he will have two of his recruiting classes in... not talent wise, but better character and then start chopping. I think next year, more players will be benched or suspended for games. Then, he will establish a better culture. After about 8-9 years, yall will move on ad he will not be able to consistently win 10 games... and that is when you will bring in the next 20 year coach that will be one of the best in the league. I just hope we are still riding high then and can have some epic games like it was meant to be.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,527
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic