Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Confused about love for UGa and Michigan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,299

Confused about love for UGa and Michigan

Aug 6, 2019, 9:33 AM

Why does it seem to be so many calling for Michigan and the ankle biters getting into the CFP? They both have been awful in big situations, especially last year. Georgia was 0-3 in their 3 biggest games (LSU, Alabama, and Texas) last year. Likewise, Michigan was 0-3 in their 3 biggest games (ND, Ohio State, and Florida). If we were talking a 1 game lapse, I might understand. However, this is a multiyear, multigame pattern. What am I missing?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their high on them because they have the "talent"

Aug 6, 2019, 9:38 AM

it's just that "this" year they may put it all together and reach the potential.

Not hard to imagine. UGA has a veteran QB. Mich could beat Ohio St finally.

Re: Their high on them because they have the "talent"

Aug 6, 2019, 9:41 AM

Agreed,

I think UGA is this year or not at all for them. Jake Fromm State farm is a pretty good QB and they have OL talent all over the place, Defense is the Q mark for them and WRs.

They either get over the hump this year or it's pretty much over for them unless they find that next great QB they need.

Agree re Michigan but not with Georgia...

Aug 6, 2019, 9:40 AM

They beat Oklahoma two years ago and were an incredible Tua TD pass away from winning the national title.

They keep knocking on the door (mostly Bama) and eventually, it will open. Too much talent for it not to open. These are not the same Mark Richt coached Bulldogs.

It took us a few years to make the leap from very good to great and I think it will happen to them as well, as unfortunate as that may be. It very well could be this year. We shall see.

Re: Agree re Michigan but not with Georgia...

Aug 6, 2019, 10:18 AM

I do think that Georgia is more likely than Michigan, but I also think they have taller hurdles. I think they need to get through the regular season and the SEC championship with one loss or undefeated. Although I think the SEC is overrated, I still think it is the toughest conference which makes avoiding a couple of losses a tall task.

You point to 2017 and ignore that UGa got rolled by Auburn in the regular season, and though they avenged the loss in the SEC championship it meant they avoided Bama. Time will tell, but I think that they will have to beat Bama to get there, and I don't think they can do it regardless of how close they have come.

Based off what?

Aug 6, 2019, 10:24 AM

Cant beat alabama..check

Highly rated tecruting classes every year. Check

26 suspensions/ dismissals.. check

Crappy fanbase.... check

What is the difference between kirby and ritch?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Based off what?

Aug 6, 2019, 11:51 AM

Richt is actually a really nice guy. Had the playoffs existed in 2002 or 2007, Richt might have won a Natty... but Georgia always finds a way...

Georgia is terribly coached, and historically unable to...

Aug 6, 2019, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Agree re Michigan but not with Georgia... ]

win big games. They had their chance two years ago, now they are in the midst of a slow painful relapse into football mediocrity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Agree re Michigan but not with Georgia...

Aug 7, 2019, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Agree re Michigan but not with Georgia... ]

Not super-sold on the imminent ascendancy of UGA. They need to break through and I wonder if they can.

They lost a ton of talent to the NFL last year - they had 11 guys in the draft, and seven were actually drafted. They had another 8 guys transfer out via the portal, which is fairly heavy.

Jake Fromm is a decent-to-very-good QB, though he lacks tremendous size, a rocket for an arm, or much mobility, and he's looked limited against better teams. Obviously De'Andre Swift is a hoss at RB, and he's running behind a great OL, but there's some question marks (strangely) at RB behind him. Zeus White tore both ACL's in back-to-back years and Clemson's Terry Allen is literally the only RB I've ever seen come back from that. They lost a boatload of WR's to the NFL and I question what they have coming back; their top returning WR is Jeremiah Holloman and he caught just 24 balls - albeit for an impressive 17.4 yards per grab and 5 TD's - last year.

They lost a pile off their defense last year. Kirby has recruited well and he'll reload but that's the second straight year of big attrition for them off that D.

They'll be good, no doubt, but there's still a bunch of new faces on a team that looked more talented (and still disappointed) last year...I guess maybe UGA gets the nod because they're clearly Top-10 and you've gotta pick somebody, but I'm still just not sold on this squad. It wouldn't shock me if Florida took them down in the East this year.

lol ... it's almost time for the annual Desmond Howard

Aug 6, 2019, 9:45 AM

Michigan national championship prediction.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It happens every year.

Aug 6, 2019, 10:35 AM

They just never learn.

Re: Confused about love for UGa and Michigan

Aug 6, 2019, 11:56 AM

I'm pretty sure they're using the "Law of Averages" and making an assumption that those teams are bound to win someday, and they'll be the only ones that are right on that day.

Aug 6, 2019, 11:58 AM

BTW: Since they really do not have any "power", how's that "finesse" plan working for Michigan?

Here is why....

Aug 6, 2019, 12:20 PM

UGA is #### good. 'Bama has been their Achilles Heel - in the CFP championship as well as SEC championship. Just like FSU was our kryptonite (oh yeah.. and SCAR was too). I don't put much weight into the Texas loss. Hopefully Kirby learned something about keeping teams motivated.

Harbaugh has a real QB and it has been said he will stay out of the offense. Last year they tried to be a spread team AND a power running team. And they did neither well. When Patterson was able to create, they moved the ball. I also think the national media just "wants" to see a non-Southern team compete (tOSU has too often disappointed) and Harbaugh is a fun story.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here is why....

Aug 6, 2019, 12:38 PM

I respectfully disagree with you 100% about UGA and the Texas loss. I personally think that the SEC's "best" 2 teams were exposed for the fraud that they are. Their best teams were curb-stomped, not just barely beaten. When a team is outplayed in every phase of the game, they are exposed for what they really are.

As for UGA, they lost their 2 best receivers to the NFL, and their ONLY returning receiver with barely any experience was kicked off the team. Jake needs to be able to throw some 50-50 balls and win those situations, but he has nobody left to win those battles for him. Watch his pass completion suffer most of the season, and will account for at least 2-3 losses. It will all become more clear for everyone when ND comes to Athens on Sept. 21 and demolishes the Dawgs. There will be more clarity when Bama travels to TAMU on Oct. 12 and gets their first conference loss, and possibly will have to chase TAMU to make the SECCG.

Re: Here is why....

Aug 7, 2019, 5:01 PM

God, I hope you’re right. Pulling for ya.

Aug 7, 2019, 8:38 PM

UGA is obvious why. They are stacked and have recruited well. I think they will be in the playoff too. Michigan? I have no idea how anyone can be confident about them.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,299
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic