Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Confused about 247's recruit profile for DJU...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Confused about 247's recruit profile for DJU...

Mar 12, 2019, 10:22 AM

Crystal Ball predictions still have him as 28% for USC Trojans...hasn't he come out and explicitly said he DOESN'T want to play ball in California? Or is that some other player I'm thinking of?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Confused about 247's recruit profile for DJU...

Mar 12, 2019, 10:42 AM

Check their dates. Some of those guys leave the old prediction up until they know the kid's final decision. Mayes had some for NCST that hung out there (maybe last year?) and didn't change until yesterday afternoon. It has been believed to be a Clemson/Oregon battle for a while with DJ.

Yeah and I'm a bit worried about Oregon here too.

Mar 12, 2019, 11:25 AM

Cristobal is a great recruiter and there are some reasons why Oregon could be appealing for DJ. Justin Herbert is back next year but will be gone in 2020 so DJ could step in there and compete for the open QB job immediately. He would only have to sit behind TL one year at Clemson, but a QB of his stature may want a chance at starting immediately. Also, if he decides he wants to leave California, but still stay out west and not go clear across the country, Oregon is a nice choice. I'm not sure the distance matters that much because you are probably flying whether it's 900 miles or 2300 miles, but it could still be a factor.

It certainly seems like we are the favorites to get him, but it just seems a bit too good to be true that we will get all the top 3 guys (DJU, Bresee, and Burch) without any drama or disappointment.

Re: Yeah and I'm a bit worried about Oregon here too.

Mar 12, 2019, 7:17 PM

Distance usually matters as it affects the family. Mom has to visit and give the final approval but DJ has pretty much said his parents want him to come here and his father has gushed over Dabo on twitter.

Re: Confused about 247's recruit profile for DJU...

Mar 12, 2019, 8:54 PM

One can underestimate Mario Cristobal at his on peril. He is the 'best of the best" at selling a program. Bama, Oregon...it doesn't matter, he is very good.

The question is can an 18 yr old recruit see the difference between "sizzle" and steak?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic